Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Just got phat system installed, how do I get back my steering wheel remote!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 06:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just got phat system installed, how do I get back my steering wheel remote!!!!

I just got a whole new system installed today. Alpine cda-7875 w/ JL 300 & JL 500 amps. 3 10" woofers... Sounds awesome!! But, I miss my steering wheel remote.. Does anyone know how I get get some kinda of wireless adapter and get my my steering wheel controls???
Old 03-23-2002, 09:23 PM

Congrat's, Who did the install and did you upgrade the speakers also?

GC
Old 03-24-2002, 07:02 AM

if the HU has an infrared remote control you can buy the PAC SWI-X steering wheel control adapter (call around or crutchfield has 'em)
Old 03-24-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Cisco
Congrat's, Who did the install and did you upgrade the speakers also?

GC
I went to the same place you went. Audio Designs.. Took then pretty much all to do.. I did a full system.. Change with kenwood excelon compent speakers in front,rear,tweeters too...

Do you think I should have the subs pointing at me, or pointing away?
Old 03-24-2002, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by mattattax
if the HU has an infrared remote control you can buy the PAC SWI-X steering wheel control adapter (call around or crutchfield has 'em)
Yeah, the Alpine HU I have comes with a infared remote. So I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use that PAC device. I'll look into that.. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2002, 10:48 AM

I'm glad they took care of you. Did James let you hear his system? If you want boomin' bass, face them towards the back. If you want a tighter bass response, face them forward. What are you doing with your existing Bose system? I'd also recommend a full blown alarm system. They'll be installing a sick a$$ alarm in my M3 next week.

GC

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

I went to the same place you went. Audio Designs.. Took then pretty much all to do.. I did a full system.. Change with kenwood excelon compent speakers in front,rear,tweeters too...

Old 03-24-2002, 03:16 PM

I'm glad they took care of you. Did James let you hear his system? If you want boomin' bass, face them towards the back. If you want a tighter bass response, face them forward. What are you doing with your existing Bose system? I'd also recommend a full blown alarm system. They'll be installing a sick a$$ alarm in my M3 next week.

GC

I echo your comments on the direction of the speakers. I also agree with getting a good alarm system. What's the point of spending all that cash on stereo equipment when some nimrod with a $5 homemade slim jim can have your "very-same" equipment for FREE????
Old 03-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Jibb

It doesn't really matter since a subwoofer let's off omnidirectional sound waves so you really can't tell where the bass is hitting from.

Old 03-26-2002, 04:09 AM

GC

Yeah I got in James car and heard the system. Oh my God!!! His 5.1 surround is just insane He has custom screens in his glove compartment and trunk. He put on Gladiator and it just sounded awesome.. Yeah I was thinking about getting a better alarm then stock. What do you recommend? Well my existing bose system is just sitting in a box. Ebay?? While I was there he was putting an HID kit in his stratus... I'm gonna stop by on Sat and have my strobes installed by them. So you traded your Max and got an M3?
Old 03-26-2002, 04:32 AM

I'll probably stop by on Saturday to discuss the alarm system details for the M3. I still have the Maxima as a daily driver and will have the M3 for cruising & pimpin' IMO, the best alarm out there is the clifford line. No alarm is good without a solid installation.

GC

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Yeah I got in James car and heard the system. Oh my God!!! His 5.1 surround is just insane He has custom screens in his glove compartment and trunk. He put on Gladiator and it just sounded awesome.. Yeah I was thinking about getting a better alarm then stock. What do you recommend? Well my existing bose system is just sitting in a box. Ebay?? While I was there he was putting an HID kit in his stratus... I'm gonna stop by on Sat and have my strobes installed by them. So you traded your Max and got an M3?