Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Are infinity perfect 6.1's good sounding speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 07:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are infinity perfect 6.1's good sounding speakers?

Hey guys I currently have a RF 400.4 and I am running MB Q disscuss series components. The problem is these speakers sound terrible in my car, they can't hold any power and the sound is just WAY to tiny for me. I want speakers that sound real good with my 400 or so watts, I want a nice full range sound that does not need a subwoofer.

I looked around and it seems like people like Infinity speakers in general and it looks like the infinity perfects are the highest class of the bunch.

I also have some kicker resolution components handging around from a few years back. These speakers are way to tiny sounding too, I want something that sounds better then these. Do you think the infinity speakers will sound better? BTW I know how to adjust the amp and all and I use to run a MTX cross over so I don't think tuneing them is the problem.

Thanks a lot for any help, I really don't want to make another big splurge on crappy sounding speakers. BTW I can get these speakers for $270 shipped, anyone know anywhere cheaper?
Old 05-07-2002, 11:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sup Ethan,

The Kappa Perfects are great, but Infinity speakers by nature give out really bright highs . . . so unless you have a subwoofer enclosure to "even" the sound out a bit you'll get the same result as you with the others. Best thing to do is give them a listen though

BTW How does $240 sound :-)
Old 05-07-2002, 01:29 PM

I back MB Quart all the way but agree that the Discus line sucks (made in china) and a whole lot of other factors like the cross overs ect.
You are in RI right? Check out Sound FX on Rt. 2 in Warwick they have a lot of high end stuff. One thing.......avoid HYPERFORMANCE at any cost
Old 05-07-2002, 01:42 PM

Thanks a lot for the info guys. What do you guys recommend for a really good sounding speakers that have nice midrange and highs? Money is not really a factor.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:51 PM

I demo'ed the Diamond Audio M series and they sounded awesome! Have you looked into Focal?

GC

Originally posted by emax95
Thanks a lot for the info guys. What do you guys recommend for a really good sounding speakers that have nice midrange and highs? Money is not really a factor.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:49 PM

Focals all the way...
Old 05-07-2002, 07:13 PM

Check out onlinecarstereo.com or sounddomain.com for good prices.

GC
Old 05-10-2002, 11:27 AM

Hey I found a 12 inch kicker Comp VR sub in my basement. I had it in my old maxima and explorer a while ago and I completly forgot about it! . It was in a box that was setup for 3 12's so I choped it with my chain saw to make a single 12 box, lol. The most ghetto rigged setup you would ever see! LOL. I pluged it into my amp so it's getting about 300 watts and it sounds really nice. A friend on mine gave me a nice looken 12" box so everything is clean looking now. Next I searched the basement some more and got my hands on a pair of kicker resolution compontent speakers, I put those up front and now my stereo sounds awesome! The funny thing is I had all this good stuff downstairs and forgot about it and mean while I was suffering listening to my crappy MB Q's. I just ordered a 12" Kicker Solobaric L7 and a box, I'm going to take my other 12 out and replace it with this smaller better sounding sub setup
Old 05-10-2002, 11:37 AM

Yeah I heard Focal speakers are pretty good too. I'm thinking of getting them.

You guys have any suggestion on which Focal's though?

Btw, money is a factor. Just as long as it's around $300 and under.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Blu
the tits

what kind of head unit do you have???

Hey I found a 12 inch kicker Comp VR sub in my basement. I had it in my old maxima and explorer a while ago and I completly forgot about it! . It was in a box that was setup for 3 12's so I choped it with my chain saw to make a single 12 box, lol. The most ghetto rigged setup you would ever see! LOL. I pluged it into my amp so it's getting about 300 watts and it sounds really nice. A friend on mine gave me a nice looken 12" box so everything is clean looking now. Next I searched the basement some more and got my hands on a pair of kicker resolution compontent speakers, I put those up front and now my stereo sounds awesome! The funny thing is I had all this good stuff downstairs and forgot about it and mean while I was suffering listening to my crappy MB Q's. I just ordered a 12" Kicker Solobaric L7 and a box, I'm going to take my other 12 out and replace it with this smaller better sounding sub setup
Old 05-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Blu
the tits

Old 05-10-2002, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by TRUblu2K2

Just the oem double din clarion headunit with the tape player and CD player. I tapped the signal from my rear door speakers.
Old 05-10-2002, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Yeah I heard Focal speakers are pretty good too. I'm thinking of getting them.

You guys have any suggestion on which Focal's though?

Btw, money is a factor. Just as long as it's around $300 and under.
The Focal Polyglass I believe is in that range I think that you can get them for about $270. I think the Focals are incredible sounding( a lot of clarity). You can turn them up and it seems like they just ask for more. I have the Polyglass 165V in the rears and they are awesome.