Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose System: CD Changer Cable Pre-Wired?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 02:45 PM
tipsytip

Bose System: CD Changer Cable Pre-Wired?

Hi! I'm a newbie here. If answers for any of my question have been posted elsewhere, can you kindly direct me there? I need somebody's help on installing a CD changer on my 96 Max GLE w/Bose sys.

Before I finally found this forum, I went to several other sites and asked the same question. However, I am getting mixed answers.

1. Some ppl told me that my car is pre-wired for the CD changer and all I need to do is locate the cable and plug it in. But others said my car is NOT pre-wired. Could someone give me a difinite answer? I have ripped my car apart (almost). I Took out the HU, the rear seat and the trunk coverings. Although I did not take off the rear deck panel (it was glued real good to the metal part of the deck), there was no apparent changer cable in sight.

2. I got Alpine LE-709 6-disk changer from my friend. It was taken out of 2001 Infinity G20 w/ Bose system. It came as a factory installed CD changer. I've heard that it is compatible w/ the Bose system on my 96 Max. My concern is that the HU is made by Clarion. Is it still compatible?

3. In case my car is not pre-wired. Does anyone knnow if I can get the cable alone as a spare part? If I were to go to a dealer, should I go to Infinity (Alpine CD changer), or Nissan (Clarion HU)? Or do car stereo shops sell compatible cable?

Any comment on any of the questions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
-Tom