Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Remote Reprograming Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 09:08 AM

Remote Reprograming Problem!!!

I know this has been talked about but I can not find a thread in search for it:

I bought a 95gxe and it did not come with a remote with it, I bought a remote with reprograming instructions that works for maxima models 95-99, while inserting and removing the key[ten times within ten seconds] into the ignition, my hazard lights are not flashing at all. I have tried this many times, with no luck.

why is this not working?
Old 05-15-2002, 09:23 AM

Re: Remote Reprograming Problem!!!

Originally posted by bbrown
I know this has been talked about but I can not find a thread in search for it:

I bought a 95gxe and it did not come with a remote with it, I bought a remote with reprograming instructions that works for maxima models 95-99, while inserting and removing the key[ten times within ten seconds] into the ignition, my hazard lights are not flashing at all. I have tried this many times, with no luck.

why is this not working?
Insert and remove ten times? I think you are supposed to turn the key to on then off 10 times
Old 05-15-2002, 09:45 AM

Re: Re: Remote Reprograming Problem!!!

Originally posted by MaximaRacer

Insert and remove ten times? I think you are supposed to turn the key to on then off 10 times
It actually says "insert and remove the ignition key from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds".

been there, done that.

hazard lights still won't flash. what's up with this??!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 01:37 PM

From what I recall, you need to make sure you've locked your driver's door with the lock switch, THEN put the key in and out ~10 times. The hazards would flash at that point.

Oh, just for the helluvit, do you have an LED indicator labeled "Security" mounted just below your gauge cluster? If not, you don't have an alarm (I think the base GXE didn't come with one).

If you're certain you have an alarm, then check the fuses. Otherwise, you may have a faulty alarm and will have to replace it (the cost of repair would be almost as much as getting a newer, BETTER alarm).
Old 05-15-2002, 01:38 PM

From what I recall, you need to make sure you've locked your driver's door with the lock switch, THEN put the key in and out ~6 times quickly. The hazards would flash at that point.

Oh, just for the helluvit, do you have an LED indicator labeled "Security" mounted just below your gauge cluster? If not, you don't have an alarm (I think the base GXE didn't come with one).

If you're certain you have an alarm, then check the fuses. Otherwise, you may have a faulty alarm and will have to replace it (the cost of repair would be almost as much as getting a newer, BETTER alarm).
Old 05-15-2002, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Gary95
From what I recall, you need to make sure you've locked your driver's door with the lock switch, THEN put the key in and out ~6 times quickly. The hazards would flash at that point.

well I do not see the LED indicator which leads me to believe it did not come with a remote.
Old 05-16-2002, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by bbrown
well I do not see the LED indicator which leads me to believe it did not come with a [alarm].
Hey hey, you're making the forum wet.

Actually, the stock alarm is rather mediocre. Many people have replaced them. That gives you an opportunity to start fresh. I'll bet the car comes pre-set for an alarm module to plug right in. Should be rather easy to get one. Make sure you take advantage of things like auto window rolldown, dome light control, etc.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by Gary95

Hey hey, you're making the forum wet.

Actually, the stock alarm is rather mediocre. Many people have replaced them. That gives you an opportunity to start fresh. I'll bet the car comes pre-set for an alarm module to plug right in. Should be rather easy to get one. Make sure you take advantage of things like auto window rolldown, dome light control, etc.

thanks

I feel better already. I will look into a different alarm for my max.
Any suggestions as to what would be a good with auto window roll down and dome light control etc? how about the cost?
Old 05-17-2002, 12:08 PM

There are several good alarms out there. Your best bet is to search the forums on aftermarket alarms. There's plenty of chatter about it, and you'll learn a lot from what's posted. Good luck.