Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Where is the Bose amp and why...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 07:42 AM

Where is the Bose amp and why...

Where is the amp for the factory BOSE system??? and why the hell can't i just run an aftermarket head unit to it like a conventional amp why do i have to send it a signal with no voltage??? so anyway where is it???
Old 06-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Where is the Bose amp and why...

There is an amp on each speaker, 4 amps total. The reason you can just simply replace the Bose HU is because the signal coming out of the HU is not a standard RCA line out type signal. Bose runs to the beat of a different drummer.

DW

Originally posted by alexamparo
Where is the amp for the factory BOSE system??? and why the hell can't i just run an aftermarket head unit to it like a conventional amp why do i have to send it a signal with no voltage??? so anyway where is it???
Old 06-05-2002, 08:21 AM
I'm so hood

The magical black bose boxes are located in the front doors right next to the speakers, and in the rear right under the speaker pods I believe. If you want to use an aftermarket deck with all the stock bose speakers, you'll need the bose adaptor, but using the adaptor may come at the price of a slight decrease in overall sound quality.

Could take it as the perfect opportunity to gut out your car and use all different components. I just did my head unit/door speaker install this weekend, and left the stock wiring/amps in place in case I decide to stock everything back out when I sell the max. You might think the stock bose sounds adequate like I did, but even the $100 (eclipse) coaxials I bought made a big difference in sound quality/clarity (and those are coaxials, so a nice component set + some bass in the trunk would be a world of difference).
Old 06-05-2002, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by blizz20oma
The magical black bose boxes are located in the front doors right next to the speakers, and in the rear right under the speaker pods I believe. If you want to use an aftermarket deck with all the stock bose speakers, you'll need the bose adaptor, but using the adaptor may come at the price of a slight decrease in overall sound quality.

Could take it as the perfect opportunity to gut out your car and use all different components. I just did my head unit/door speaker install this weekend, and left the stock wiring/amps in place in case I decide to stock everything back out when I sell the max. You might think the stock bose sounds adequate like I did, but even the $100 (eclipse) coaxials I bought made a big difference in sound quality/clarity (and those are coaxials, so a nice component set + some bass in the trunk would be a world of difference).
My factory HU is broke the CD Player won't work and i'm sick of the radio. so this is an emergency!! can i just disconnect the amp and run the wire to the BOSE speaker from an aftermarket HU and have the amp from the HU amplify the speaker??? or does the wire run through some sort of other crap before the amp. this way i can change the speakers at my own pace cuz i'm a little low on cash to do a complete upgrade right now
Old 06-05-2002, 05:33 PM

It depends on the year of your Max. In the 2002 the amp is in the trunk.

Stereodude
Old 06-05-2002, 09:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

he has a 97... i was contemplating re-doing my system as i already havea really nice HU in my truck that i can take out ($600 alpine 60wx4) and i work at BestBuy so speakers are cheap...

yo nelson hit me up at school and i will see if i can hook you up with some speakers cheap from work... (if we have anything you like... i persoanlly like the 6.5 and 6x9 cerwin vega HED components i think they sound pretty good)