Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Finally took the SBOD to an autoX

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

Finally took the SBOD to an autoX

Since my off course excursion in my Miata, I have not raced in a few months. After a bad week I need to blow off some steam. Since the Miata was down, I figured I'd give the Max ($hit-Box-of-Death) a whirl. She performed well. I ended up with the 3rd fastest time of the day after a AWD Talon on street tires, and a CSP Miata on Hoosiers. Here's some pics.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

where do you auto-x around here?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

These pics are at Chattanooga State Community College. In Cashville the SCCA has a race every other weekend at the Nashville Motor Speedway in Lebanon.
Here is a link.
http://www.trscca.org/schedule.html
I don't think they have released the 2009 schedule yet. It should crank back up around mid March.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

^ I've been wondering where the little Miata has been lately... I was at the last ETR event at Walters State last month... Sad to see the season end (and cold pavement sucks). You didn't happen to make it to either TN Region event at the Speedway last month, did you? Those were a freakin' blast!

Originally Posted by Mizike
where do you auto-x around here?
*cough* East TN Region *cough* (A bit of a drive, though.)

Last edited by SilverGLE; 12-20-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

Originally Posted by SilverGLE
^ I've been wondering where the little Miata has been lately... I was at the last ETR event at Walters State last month... Sad to see the season end (and cold pavement sucks). You didn't happen to make it to either TN Region event at the Speedway last month, did you? Those were a freakin' blast!

*cough* East TN Region *cough* (A bit of a drive, though.)
The incident with the Miata just this past September, but some other things has been going on to keep me from racing. I have been working a lot and have been studying for the CPA exam. I was going to attend a ETR event in the fall in the Max but ended up getting smashed at the UT game and racing hung over is not fun. I'll def bring it up to a few events this year doing some suspension testing. I heard the auto-X on the speedway was awesome. I did the PDX back in July, and had a blast. That track is awesome. I think they are doing it again next year, I'll keep you posted on the dates for it.

Last edited by choray911; 12-20-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

Originally Posted by choray911
The incident with the Miata just this past September, but some other things has been going on to keep me from racing. I have been working a lot and have been studying for the CPA exam. I was going to attend a ETR event in the fall in the Max but ended up getting smashed at the UT game and racing hung over is not fun. I'll def bring it up to a few events this year doing some suspension testing. I heard the auto-X on the speedway was awesome. I did the PDX back in July, and had a blast. That track is awesome. I think they are doing it again next year, I'll keep you posted on the dates for it.
I'm sure everyone on ETR is going to be keeping an eye out for NSS TR events! I'm looking forward to the 09 season schedule being posted. I've got to replace the damn driver's side front fender liner because of the last AX at Walter's State... Cone - 1, Fender Liner - 0. It loosened it up, and a few days ago I took a chunk out of it. Now, it rubs the tire and 95% full lock or so.