Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Dealings with njmaxseltd

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dealings with njmaxseltd

Here is the original for sale post...for a set of Cattman coilovers with shocks and struts. The first contact was stating that the parts were not useable as Cattman parts since there is not the correct brand of items for the rears and there was not enough information provided about the actual condition of the parts when purchase was agreed to.

The issue is misrepresentation of items sold and inability to work towards common resolution of problems.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....47#post2565747

12-07-2003, 07:58 AM
Re: Coilovers issues

njmaxseltd
Tracy, I don't get email from this site for some reason. Give me your # or call me. XXX-XXX-XXXX (phone number edited)

Tom

:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by WizzaMax
I sent you an email thru the site yesterday. I would ask you contact me about the parts I bought...please do this when you can...thanks

Tracy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-18-2003, 06:14 PM

njmaxseltd

Tracy, I'm sorry but I don't understand. Those units came out of a car that drove into my shop. The rears were rebuilt by Cattman only a few months prior to me taking them out. They are in excellent condition.

The fronts, as I stated need new upper mounts and are not useable until such. That was stated in my ad when your bought them.

Tom

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

12-25-2003, 09:46 AM

njmaxseltd

Sorry Tracy, there is no understanding. If you don't want them, sell them to somebody else. Try Ebay or right here on the org. To ship them back here would cost 1/3 of what you paid for them and I offered no guarantee, the sale was final.

P.S. I find Cattmans comments rather odd. They are indeed his products.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by WizzaMax
Tom,

I need some assurance we will be able to square up on this transaction...i can send the boxes right back without delay as long as we reach an understanding.

Tracy

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Yesterday, 08:30 AM

njmaxseltd

Tracy, the sale was final. I cannot help you. Unload them as you please. They are used parts that need work. If you can't have the fronts rebuilt sell them to somebody who is willing to fabracate the new upper mounts. I'm sorry Cattman will not back his product, I have no control over that. He states the rears are Weapon R, I was told these were Cattmans, regardless they both have Eibach springs and the rears are relatively new. The car they came out of road and handled excellent.

If it weren't for the busted front mounts, you've got a hot suspension package. The sale price reflected the condition of the parts and the fact that the fronts needed work.

It's on your hands now, do as you please with them.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

12-27-2003, 12:42 AM WizzaMax wrote

No sale is final unless presented that way. You misrepresented the parts you were selling..plain and simple,,,i did not get what i paid for and i want a refund. You have no reason except to be an uncompromising seller to not make this go over without your embarrassment. Small claims court is not something i am unfamiliar with. So dont tell me its in my hands. You should honor my request and refund my money without incident. Dont make it worse than it is. I dont think this needs to go any further after i get my money back...do the honorable thing and return my funds.

Truth be told you obviously didnt know what you were selling, so maybe you are not at fault, but you are liable...in the amount of $270.00

__________________________________________________ _______________

[B]12-18-2003, 07:09 PM WizzaMax wrote

You spoke of CATTMAN coilovers that needed new mounts...unfortunately nothing else was mentioned...

here is my inquiry I made prior to 24 Nov...

:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes I am and can meet your requested price right away if I understand correctly...if you are selling all parts necessary...shock/struts and coilovers for 250 ...you mentioned i will need new modified strut tops but those are easily purchased from Cattman...please clarify if I am mistaken
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parts have separate issues....the fronts are NOT ABLE to be replaced...pictures were sent to Brian Cattman himself and his response abbreviated was there isn't even anything in his junk pile to support what they need...these are the very first generation mounts no longer supported at all by the company...

the rears are indeed a newer AGX shock and may indeed be in good condition but the springs and mounts are NOT Cattman brand ,.,,,they are WeaponR...The WeaponR set is nowhere near the quality build as Cattman...in comparisons I have seen...even with the dual spring set...basically it was not what I thoguth it was going to be...and I am not bitter...just delayed...i can deal with delays...my focus in on the engine for now anyhow... [B]

__________________________________________________ ___________

12-26-2003, 02:27 AM

:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Sorry Tracy, there is no understanding. If you don't want them, sell them to somebody else. Try Ebay or right here on the org. To ship them back here would cost 1/3 of what you paid for them and I offered no guarantee, the sale was final.

P.S. I find Cattmans comments rather odd. They are indeed his products.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-27-2003, 12:42 AM WizzaMax wrote

No thats not acceptable. You surprise me with your response. I am not one to be all out in the open to degrade anyone but you should be trying harder to resolve the issues i have with this purchase. You misrepresented the parts...they are not what you said they were. They are not fixable and are not a complete set of Cattman's. Cattman doesnt seell WeaponR parts. I can understand only so much. I am able to compromise but cannot in good faith eat the entire cost and have nothing to show for it. I will pay to ship back...it couldnt have cost too much...but you should be willing to credit me to the amount after that. Without fail, you should have no problem with this and I will not make another mention of it.

Please dont make this an issue...just refund the amount past shipping...and we can move on.

My issue is that he is in no way admitting that he did not misrepresent the parts...Fronts are Cattman coils with Progress springs and need work but are the implied correct parts..the rears are plainly marked WeaponR and cannot be in any fashion compared to even older versions of Cattman parts...there is no way that the seller can in a clear conciencse , not address this. I want a full refund and will ship back right away.

Thoughts, questions, comments are welcome.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:04 PM
www.autotalk.com

This is just SAD! Not giving refund is BS.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Sports Button FTW

wow, two respectable people going at it, i would like to see how this goes. Although u did buy a product u was misinformed on. And u purchased it mainly because u thought it was fixable which it isnt so u do deserve a refund IMO but whoever keeps the shocks is gonna eat a heavy chunk cause they are garbage now...