Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Dealings with ohannon7

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Dealings with ohannon7

Seller: ohannon7
Left Inner Taillight
VERY NEGATIVE

I inquired about the left inner taillight from his car. He sent me pics. The pics of the piece looked absolutely fabulous. I paid the $20 he asked for and he sent it off. All was good until I opened the box. I'll just say that ohannon7 is fxcking retarded at packing. He put the light housing in a cardboard box with peanuts. This may seem like a good idea but smooth plastic and rough cardboard do not mix. Through the tossing and turning of shipping the housing managed to work its way and sit right next to the carboard. The result; the surface of the light is scuffed over 15% of the light. This may seem trivial to some but I am perfectionist. I asked for a perfect taillight. I was sent pics of a perfect taillight. I got a not so perfect taillight. It p!sses me off. I'm embarrassed to put this on my perfect trunklid or next to my perfect red/clears. This is also advice to shippers in the future. RAP an old shirt or something around all objects that have an important finish.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:07 PM

This is the Taillight that I sent you for $20 shipped. It was mint. If UPS banged it up on the way over to you then you need to take it up w/ UPS. That is why there is $100 of insurance on there.

Sorry about your misfortune......

Trevor
Old 03-04-2005, 04:26 PM
2060lbs and falling...

They don't cover it if it was improperly packed. And the hassle isn't worth the trouble. I've had three instances in which I tried to get insurance money from UPS or Fed-Ex. It hasn't happened yet. And one of them was a $650 package that mysteriously never arrived at my door yet was signed for by some wierd name I've never heard.

This thread is not for you to repudiate anything so please step out.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm needing a caw

Just use some 3m plastic polish or something. I know what you "paid for" but you got it for probably $12-$15 and the rest is shipping. It was probably at the min $7 for shipping ground. If you really wanted perfection, then buy a new one.

If you paid $100, then that's another thing. But honestly. His time to pack, label, drive to the shipping place etc.. is probably worth more than $20. Much less the light itself.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Ohannon7 is a LIAR. He was supposed to send me a muffler. We discused payment and he said he would prefer paypal but would take a check. After the check was sent out he PM me telling some story on how he won't take a check cause of some incident he had awhile back. I e-mailed him telling him that he would not have a problem cashing my check. I have a great reputation on E-bay and fellow orgers so I don't know what this guys problem is. The bottom line is I don't have a muffler! I would not recommened doing business with this guy and if my check is cashed and I don't get my muffler we are really going to have a problem!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:07 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Jeff, we are not discussing the value of his time. I said, "I only want it if its absolutely perfect." If he was kind(AKA: stupid) enough to send me a taillight for $20 thats his problem. I offered $25 and he said $20. LOL

I will try the plastic polish. I don't visit the detailing forum very much. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Broaner
Jeff, we are not discussing the value of his time. I said, "I only want it if its absolutely perfect." If he was kind(AKA: stupid) enough to send me a taillight for $20 thats his problem. I offered $25 and he said $20. LOL

I will try the plastic polish. I don't visit the detailing forum very much. Thanks for the idea.
You paid $20 for those and you are crying about it? How in the hell do you buy something that's used and expect it to be perfect? It's clear from the pics that they left his house in perfect shape and UPS is notorious for throwing boxes around at their facilites. You should be taking this up with them.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by maxAmillion96
Ohannon7 is a LIAR. He was supposed to send me a muffler. We discused payment and he said he would prefer paypal but would take a check. After the check was sent out he PM me telling some story on how he won't take a check cause of some incident he had awhile back. I e-mailed him telling him that he would not have a problem cashing my check. I have a great reputation on E-bay and fellow orgers so I don't know what this guys problem is. The bottom line is I don't have a muffler! I would not recommened doing business with this guy and if my check is cashed and I don't get my muffler we are really going to have a problem!!!!!!!
He said he won't take a check so you shouldn't have sent him one. I won't take checks either.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:11 PM
2060lbs and falling...

I know it was cheap. That is not the point. The point is; either he lied about the condition because the pic won't pick up the scuffing I'm referring to or he is incompetent at packing. Any six year old understands that cardboard will scuff a smooth plastic surface. It should have been packed in preperation for the worst. I always pack the stuff I send very well. This was not packed well. Of course if its riding around on a truck for a day or two it will sink through the peanuts and position itself next to the rough cardboard. This is not the shipping companies fault in the least. In fact the box was in fantastic shape. I said I only wanted it if it was perfect. I would have been more than willing to pay $40. I've already mentioned I offered $25.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:00 PM

Thanks Deezo.

Broaner, like you said, it came in a box and was packed full of peanuts. That is how you are supposed to pack items. Im really sorry that it managed to work its way to the cardboard and got scuffed up but theres nothing I can do about that. I sent you a PERFECT taillight, I would never rip anyone off.

Trevor
Old 03-09-2005, 08:46 PM
2060lbs and falling...

What did I say about you being in this thread? You could've tried rapping in an old shirt for starters.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:28 AM

I know it was cheap. That is not the point. The point is; either he lied about the condition because the pic won't pick up the scuffing I'm referring to or he is incompetent at packing. Any six year old understands that cardboard will scuff a smooth plastic surface. It should have been packed in preperation for the worst. I always pack the stuff I send very well. This was not packed well. Of course if its riding around on a truck for a day or two it will sink through the peanuts and position itself next to the rough cardboard. This is not the shipping companies fault in the least. In fact the box was in fantastic shape. I said I only wanted it if it was perfect. I would have been more than willing to pay $40. I've already mentioned I offered $25.
Broaner, imagine what the cost would be if they were new. You're upset with ohannon because of a UPS f up and that's not really being fair. I know it was your hard earned money but there are people here that never even seen a product after sending out huge amounts of cash, including myself. Trust me, till this day I want to meet that **** that took over $10000 in funds me and a group of other members here.

Also, I think ohannon has a right to defend himself just like anyone else around here and people can look at the pics and clearly see that they are perfect or close to it. I pack with peanuts all the time and they don't damage plastic.

If they are small scuffs, grab yourself some 3M rubbing compound, Finish Restorer and any car wax to rebuff them. The more you work on the scratches, the better it will look.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Its impossible to argue with a brick wall. I will say again that this was not a UPS issue. I'm done with this thread.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm needing a caw

You can see in the reflection that there are very minor scratches in the lense. And that is the "before" pic.

Now if you wanted it to be "perfect" as in "brand new", you would have to polish it with a plastic polish anyway. You got a hell of a deal for $20 shipped.

Originally Posted by ohannon7

Old 03-10-2005, 02:45 PM

Its impossible to argue with a brick wall. I will say again that this was not a UPS issue. I'm done with this thread.
What do you mean brick wall? Don't get funny with me man. I'm ALLOWING this thead to stay open because ohannon has the right to defend his name. You're crying about some freakin swirl marks. Post the pics if you have them.

Prove it isn't a UPS issue and while at this point ohannon is proving his case.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:59 PM
2060lbs and falling...

How could it be UPS's fault? I explained already. It was packed in peanuts. You want the UPS dude to carry the package like its a bomb with a mercury switch? Any jostling will move the object around within the peanuts. Common sense should tell you that the object will do its best to get to the lowest point. Gee...That would be on the bottom of the box; no?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:01 PM

How could it be UPS's fault? I explained already. It was packed in peanuts. You want the UPS dude to carry the package like its a bomb with a mercury switch? Any jostling will move the object around within the peanuts. Common sense should tell you that the object will do its best to get to the lowest point. Gee...That would be on the bottom of the box; no?
You are giving UPS to much credit and they suck big *****. That's all I have to say.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
He said he won't take a check so you shouldn't have sent him one. I won't take checks either.
NO dummie!!! He said he would take a check and then after the check was in the mail he changed his mind. Chances are he got more money for the muffler and didn't have the ***** to say anything so he just made up some bulls**t story. Know whats going on before you stick your nose in other peoples business. Thanks!!

P.S. His exact words were and I quote "I prefer paypal but if you want I can do a check" So what would that mean to you since you seem to know everything.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by maxAmillion96
NO dummie!!! He said he would take a check and then after the check was in the mail he changed his mind. Chances are he got more money for the muffler and didn't have the ***** to say anything so he just made up some bulls**t story. Know whats going on before you stick your nose in other peoples business. Thanks!!

P.S. His exact words were and I quote "I prefer paypal but if you want I can do a check" So what would that mean to you since you seem to know everything.
MaxAmillion96, this has nothing to do w/ "*****", this is the internet. I sold the muffler for the same price.

Someone did infact try to rip me off, Fortunatly, I found out and decided no more checks, check out this thread... http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=383357
Old 03-12-2005, 08:34 PM

MaxAmillion96, this has nothing to do w/ "*****", this is the internet. I sold the muffler for the same price.

Someone did infact try to rip me off, Fortunatly, I found out and decided no more checks, check out this thread... http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=383357
Then you shouldn't have said you would accept a check when you really didn't want to!!!!! If you would have said that from the begining, I would have made other arrangements for payment. The only thing I'm saying is don't tell people one thing and then change your mind after the deal has been made, that's BAD bussiness!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This guys sold me a bum muffler. He sold me a muffler that was hacked off. The muffler shop could install it without welding on and extender. I asked for a refund but he has avoided my emails/PM's for days.

GET PICTURES WHEN DEALING WITH HIM
Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 AM
OG :)

I've met Trevor and he seems like a stand up guy.

You guys are crying about a $20 used taillight off a 6 year old car!?! Please, cry me a river cheap a$$es. After the peanuts and shipping, he might have made 4-5 bucks off the deal, not considering his time spent to get it shipped.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kenneth
I've met Trevor and he seems like a stand up guy.

You guys are crying about a $20 used taillight off a 6 year old car!?! Please, cry me a river cheap a$$es. After the peanuts and shipping, he might have made 4-5 bucks off the deal, not considering his time spent to get it shipped.
Then why can't he give a refund when asked??
Old 03-17-2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by MassMaxima97
This guys sold me a bum muffler. He sold me a muffler that was hacked off. The muffler shop could install it without welding on and extender. I asked for a refund but he has avoided my emails/PM's for days.

GET PICTURES WHEN DEALING WITH HIM
Devin,

The only thing I can suggest is you need to stop being man handled. Stand up and be a man, go to that shop and tell them to weld the d@mn thing on. Actually, dont, take it to a reputable shop that knows what they are doing, I already told you that. That muffler had PLENTY of pipe on it when I sent it to you. And yes, they cut mufflers off, how else do you think they come off?

Next time do more research, You asked me for an aluminum Mid-pipe, I sent you an aluminum mid-pipe. Im really sorry that YOU thought that was part of the exhaust system.

Trevor
Old 03-18-2005, 07:52 AM
cefiro_max99

naughty naughty boy stop givin FLORIDA A BAD NAME.

WHY PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE BUYING RED/CLEAR JUST GO TO PARADOX SYSTEM GET IT NEW DAM IT! STOP BEING SO CHEAP ! $100 BUCKS PARADOX!!!!!

DAM no wonder i cant sell shyt

Old 03-18-2005, 08:33 AM
2060lbs and falling...

I bought the inners from him smarty. I did spend the $125 from SWA/SCO. And if I am cheap why did I spend $650 on a CF trunklid?

As I have said already, its not about the money. I would have been more than willing to pay twice or even trice that to get a perfect taillight. I specifically said that I only wanted it if it was perfect.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:37 AM

Devin,

The only thing I can suggest is you need to stop being man handled. Stand up and be a man, go to that shop and tell them to weld the d@mn thing on. Actually, dont, take it to a reputable shop that knows what they are doing, I already told you that. That muffler had PLENTY of pipe on it when I sent it to you. And yes, they cut mufflers off, how else do you think they come off?

Next time do more research, You asked me for an aluminum Mid-pipe, I sent you an aluminum mid-pipe. Im really sorry that YOU thought that was part of the exhaust system.

Trevor
Alright A$$hole. I told you they couldn't put it on. I tried going to a meinake/midas but they told me that they couldn't touch because it was a stock part. But the point of me being pissed of is I asked for a refund, therefore you should give me a refund. Had you told me the muffler was hacked off, I would have never bought it. Don't be a ****, just refund my money. I can't sell the thing on the .org now because everyone knows that the muffler has been hacked off.

As for the mid-pipe, that was my bad. But I am not pissed about, I wanted a new exhaust anyway.

My problem is I want a refund for a bum muffler!!!!!!

devin
Old 03-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm needing a caw

Um yeah. You can't just blame everything on the seller if you have no idea what is going on.

I bought a 2k max muffler 2-3 years ago. It was "hacked" off. I didn't care as it would NOT bolt up to anything but a 2000 maxima anyway. My shop had NO problems putting it on. There was only about 2-3" of pipe sticking out and that was plenty.

Just because some ignorant chain joe bob muffler shop can't figure it out how to weld it on for $20, that's not the seller's fault. Buck up and go to a custom muffler shop that specializes in this type of work.

"Can't touch it because it's stock"????!?!?! Um what kind of wacky reasoning is that???

Alright A$$hole. I told you they couldn't put it on. I tried going to a meinake/midas but they told me that they couldn't touch because it was a stock part. But the point of me being pissed of is I asked for a refund, therefore you should give me a refund. Had you told me the muffler was hacked off, I would have never bought it. Don't be a ****, just refund my money. I can't sell the thing on the .org now because everyone knows that the muffler has been hacked off.

As for the mid-pipe, that was my bad. But I am not pissed about, I wanted a new exhaust anyway.

My problem is I want a refund for a bum muffler!!!!!!

devin
Old 03-18-2005, 08:59 AM

Listen. I am just going by what I am told. I don't have a custom muffler shop. I don't know one. So I went to a shop that somebody refered my to. whatever.

"Can't touch it because it's stock"????!?!?! Um what kind of wacky reasoning is that???
That was the reason that the chain gave me. And i went to more than one.

And the muffler has less that 2" sticking out.

So Jeff, who is at fault in this situation? I would like to know just so I can move on.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:32 AM
cefiro_max99

Listen. I am just going by what I am told. I don't have a custom muffler shop. I don't know one. So I went to a shop that somebody refered my to. whatever.

So Jeff, who is at fault in this situation? I would like to know just so I can move on.
ohannon7 and ima electrian i weld stuff every day but to me...... i wouldnt even touch that. give his money back and stop playing games.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:09 AM
2060lbs and falling...

I agree. That isn't much room to work with. If you would have told him then that is a different story.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:04 PM

It wasnt cut that short, you should have taken it to a reputable shop from the get go, like I told you. Theres no way Im refunding a muffler that has been cut on by some local muffler shop that you went to. Sorry.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:55 PM

I agree with Devin. dude..look at this muffler. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? That thing looked like a chinese butcher chopped it off with his cleaver. Give him his money back. whats fair is fair.

Andy
Old 03-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm needing a caw

Hmm? I'm an beginner welder and that is PLENTY of room to weld on. If it's too short, just have a shop weld on a short piece of pipe to start out with. That MIGHT take me 10 min at the most. A shop could do that in their sleep.

I'll admit, I'd be a tad annoyed that he cut it so short. But it wouldn't deter me or any DECENT shop more than 10 min to fix.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Wait, you provided it to him that short? Or it's that short because of the shop that this dude went to???? It's no big deal anyway to me as I could fix it but if the buyer's shop cut it that short, then how is it YOUR fault??

It wasnt cut that short, you should have taken it to a reputable shop from the get go, like I told you. Theres no way Im refunding a muffler that has been cut on by some local muffler shop that you went to. Sorry.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:16 PM

No, ohannon7 sent it that way to me. That is in the same condition as it came out of the box.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

Regardless, my post still stands.

No, ohannon7 sent it that way to me. That is in the same condition as it came out of the box.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:19 PM

WTF are you talking about. That is the way you sent it to me. The shop that I took it to looked at it and put it back in the box. They didn't touch it. That is how it was when I recieved it. you are a liar.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:38 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Well, its one persons word against another. I will say that it appears to have been expanded using one of the shop only type machines.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:14 PM

Broaner, it is true..one word against another..but its the buyer who is right which is Devin (MassMaxima97). Customer is always right? If the seller refunded the guys money, then there wouldn't be a problem. But after looking at this thread, do you think anyone will by from the seller again? I certainly won't!! I'm not taking sides here, just in the middle seeing things from both ends. Get what I mean?