Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Bought a kit from chris'max

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

Bought a kit from chris'max

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=1#post5182021

Mods: is it ok to link to the original?

thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 06:26 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

I bought Chris' blower kit that he advertised for $2500
from here:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=482209

What do you guys think should be included in there? no fmu and stuff, but I expected all lines and tubes as the descrption says, "All necessary hardware" which is why I bought the damn thing so I wouldnt have to go around looking for lines and crap... pretty dissapointed
the way I see it I got parts worth maybe $1700 =/

Opinions?

Before I sent money, I was told everything is included, complete kit ( stillen plus custom parts), then things just started going down hill. I could understand that fmu wasnt part of it or walbro as we discussed when things started to look shady, but this is too much.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Droppin logs

I still haven't seen you specifically state what was missing?

You stated you agreed to buy it without the FMU and Walbro...
Old 08-18-2006, 05:10 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

Originally Posted by D-Bo
I still haven't seen you specifically state what was missing?

You stated you agreed to buy it without the FMU and Walbro...
That was after I already paid for it. Basically He said that everything was included before I paid him, then I saw that he was selling fuel stuff with his maxima. That is when I started emailing him about it. He first said that everything is included, then to refer to the original post, then on the phone he said that he never said that the FMU and walbro would be included, but that he would included everything else. It was also going to include a complete parts list, directions for this specific setup, and was going to well packaged. When I got the boxes, one was partially opened, about an inch gap because it wasnt packed properly. A lot of things were just thrown into the box small things that could have been lost. The kit that I paid for was supposed to be complete. As in our PMs, I had no intention of buying an incomplete kit. He already had all my money and started saying that this isnt included and that wasnt included. At least I have some of the parts, this way he cant screw me completely. At this point a refund would be the best direction for me because of what I said. I am better off piecing the kit part by part because of crap like this. In the future he should have a complete list of things, and not say that everything is included when it is not.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Droppin logs

If I may ask, when did you pay him for it?
Old 08-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ok wait...the thread says:

The S/C is in excellent condition w/ about 40,000 miles on it and comes w/ the following:

V2 SC w/ v2 stillen plate
2.62 ASP pulley
Brand New 4AN oil feed line
3" aluminum custom intercooler pipe w/ 24x6x3 bar and plate intercooler
Custom cold air setup
Greddy type s blow off valve
All necessary hardware

Price $2,500+ shipping

If you want the whole shabang including
Emanage blue w/ injector and timming harness
Support tool
Power Enterprise 5100 cc injectos
Sard FPR
+ S/C kit

$3500+shipping

Now first of all, how did you miss the fact that this kit didn't come with the FMU? He listed everything in the sale and none of it was fuel related unless you wanted it for an addional $1000, so why would he send you fuel lines/hardware without the fuel management? You got the blower kit and the intercooler with custom made piping...why are you complaining? That is worth more than $2500 and you're arguing over a much smaller amount of money..i don't see anything shady in this deal. You should have read the thread and asked questions if you had any before paying.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

If I may ask, when did you pay him for it?
Name:
Michael Holman
Email:
cholma2@lsu.edu

Total Amount:
-$800.00 USD

Date:
Jul. 31, 2006
Time:
17:12:26 PDT
Completed

the next day I made out a check, and sent it the day after. Then the day after that I sent the remaining 100 via paypal
Old 08-19-2006, 07:35 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
ok wait...the thread says:

The S/C is in excellent condition w/ about 40,000 miles on it and comes w/ the following:

V2 SC w/ v2 stillen plate
2.62 ASP pulley
Brand New 4AN oil feed line
3" aluminum custom intercooler pipe w/ 24x6x3 bar and plate intercooler
Custom cold air setup
Greddy type s blow off valve
All necessary hardware

Price $2,500+ shipping

If you want the whole shabang including
Emanage blue w/ injector and timming harness
Support tool
Power Enterprise 5100 cc injectos
Sard FPR
+ S/C kit

$3500+shipping

Now first of all, how did you miss the fact that this kit didn't come with the FMU? He listed everything in the sale and none of it was fuel related, so why would he send you fuel lines/hardware? You got the blower kit and the intercooler with custom made piping...why are you complaining? That is worth more than $2500 and you're arguing over a much smaller amount of money..i don't see anything shady in this deal. You should have read the thread and asked questions if you had any before paying.

Because I asked him if this was a complete kit and he told me that it was. The additional stuff was for high hp levels. As you can see it says +s/c kit. And I asked in my PMs if this was a complete kit where I would not need anything else. An FMU is required, he also said he'd send me some guages, instructions, and parts list and only send one guage. Basically after the payments were sent he changed the contents. This is why I feel like I'm entitled to a refund, because the kit was not as he said.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:37 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

http://techbro.net/blowerKit.JPG
Old 08-19-2006, 07:46 AM

i don't understand how you can't see the fact that this IS a complete kit! this post says it perfectly:
Originally Posted by Alex_V
Dude you need to just stop for a second and THINK about the words that have been posted by chris. Its all the HARDWARE to INSTAL the BLOWER. No fuel support.

You could run the blower kit as is, but not very much boost, and it wouldnt be that safe. Just buy the fuel part of the kit off him, install it all and add fuel management and your good.

Once again, you bought the MECHANICAL PART of a blower kit. Theres 3 basic parts

1-mechanical- blower, piping, FMIC, etc
2-fuel- bigger fuel injectors, FMU etc
3-management- EU ultimate or SAFC (safc is kinda a bandaid) or SMT etc

Or thats what it sounds like to me. I skipped the last couple of posts and I dont know the whole story, but thats what I read.

~Alex
What he gave you is the complete S/C kit...all you need to do is spend >$300 to get everything you need for fuel management and you're set. What is the big deal??
Old 08-19-2006, 08:00 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

i don't understand how you can't see the fact that this IS a complete kit! this post says it perfectly:

What he gave you is the complete S/C kit...all you need to do is spend >$300 to get everything you need for fuel management and you're set. What is the big deal??
Why should i pay extra when I was made to understand that this included everything I needed. All I needed to do is put it on and start the car. I'm offering to pay for shipping, which is how a retail shop would treat this, he wont lose any money. I feel bad about this kit because its not everything as I was told it would be. He got me to buy the kit by saying it had everything, otherwise I would not buy. Then things started changing after he had my money, I don't think this is right. If you bought something at a store and after you paid for it you discover that stuff will be missing would you not want a refund?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by mjk
Why should i pay extra when I was made to understand that this included everything I needed. All I needed to do is put it on and start the car. I'm offering to pay for shipping, which is how a retail shop would treat this, he wont lose any money. I feel bad about this kit because its not everything as I was told it would be. He got me to buy the kit by saying it had everything, otherwise I would not buy. Then things started changing after he had my money, I don't think this is right. If you bought something at a store and after you paid for it you discover that stuff will be missing would you not want a refund?

look, i'm not going to argue any further with you on this subject. Myself, as well as many other .org members can see that you're in the wrong. You're the only one that seems to believe otherwise. If you can't see that then that's you're problem.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:55 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

look, i'm not going to argue any further with you on this subject. Myself, as well as many other .org members can see that you're in the wrong. You're the only one that seems to believe otherwise. If you can't see that then that's you're problem.
very well, thanks fo your opinion
Old 08-19-2006, 09:06 AM

IMO you should keep the kit, go get the other parts needed, and install it. It sounds like you got a fair deal on what you got and it's bought and paid for. If it were me I would just go spend the extra few bucks and have a s/c'd Maxima.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Kevlo for President

Yeah it is pretty obvious what he stated. Your misunderstanding.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:08 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

I misunderstood that I never got things I was told I would. Thats fine, lesson learned...

edit:
you guys are right that I wont have to add much to get it finished, but he shouldnt have told me that I wouldnt need anything else. Not to mention a couple extra things that never came, that were supposed to. I mentioned all, I wontrepeat myself. All I was supposed to need was a K&N filter.
I asked for peoples opinion and I got it. Thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Droppin logs

The reason I asked when it went down was because the above referred to post was edited and before I posted it I wanted to be sure it hadn't been edited afterwards.

The post was clear as to what you were going to get and not going to get.

/thread
Old 08-19-2006, 02:53 PM

The reason I asked when it went down was because the above referred to post was edited and before I posted it I wanted to be sure it hadn't been edited afterwards.

/thread
yeah i checked that too, and the last time it was edited was a couple days before mjk showed any interest in the kit
Old 08-19-2006, 03:02 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

/thread
I was referring to what I asked him through PM. I was told that I would only need the filter to complete it. As I said, lesson learned. I guess everything should be in the original thread before I buy something from that. Thanks for checking it out.