Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Bad Seller Alert!!!! --> TN96DC

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Bad Seller Alert!!!! --> TN96DC

I would not recommend anyone to buy from him. I originally purchased a set of D2 Coils under the assumptions that they were in fact "less than 1 week old" and "less than 1k miles on them." like he has listed in his post:
http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...uspension.html

This is in fact a LIE!. These coils arrived worn, beat up, and the collars seized and locked up on them. Not to mention the spots where you are supposed to turn the coils were all beaten and rounded off for the most part.

I asked about the condition and he then decides to tell me that they were "installed by an jack@$$," and it was "a sh***y install". If he had said this upfront, I pretty sure nobody would have even inquired about them.

When I asked for my money back, he tries to imply that I in fact caused the damage, when they were not in my possession for more than 45 minutes before I text him asking about the condition of them and wanting my money back. It is one thing to damage a product, but you cannot replicate the age and how worn an item is, especially within 30-40 of taking the item out of the box.

He then compared buying these coils from him as like buying stuff at a swap meet/flea market and are sold "as-is". Nowhere does he state "as-is" and at least at a swap meet/flea market, you can inspect them in person and decide if you want to buy them or not. He then even tried to say I should be fine with them because I "paid a fraction of what they originally cost"!

When I asked for a refund he declined it on PayPal and I had to go through the dispute process to get it reversed. Of course they ruled in my favor and the transaction was reversed. I thought I would post this to show the real condition of these and to warn people not to purchase these unless they know the true condition of them and are willing to accept them like this.

On my reputation, I have dealt with people on this forum including Ghostz and GM_Traitor3.5VQ in buying parts and paying for their work to bo done on my car. I am known on the 7thgen forums and in the FB groups and they know I am far from shady. Not to mention I have been a member of Ebay for over 5 years and have a buyer/seller rating of 100% with OVER 120+ transactions completed. I am far from a shady buyer or seller.

But let's just circle areas on the pictures you claim are from BEFORE you sent them to me. And before you say I "altered" these pictures, all I did was open them from my phone, took a screenshot, and circled areas in red and saved them to be posted...

And let's just dive a little deeper into the day I received them at my shop.
Note the time and day of Wednesday, 6/26/2013 at 6:43pm that I said I will swing through on my way home...

Now you can see just at the top here that on Wednesday, 6/26/2013 at 7:28pm, I am already questioning these coils...

Also, I told you all we did was push down with our arm strength after spraying lubricant on them to try to loosen the collars and they would not budge.

But hey! I got a deal on them, so I shouldn't even care that they are complete crap right?!

Here are some more of your replies to me in our talks:

Something else I noticed from your post and our convos...
In the above picture you said your brother put Meagan coils on AFTER the D2s you sold, and he now has Eibach springs on...

Your original post states the following:
"They were installed on a 2012 Maxima for less than a week and driven on less than 1k miles. I'm helping my brother sell it so that he can go with an air ride suspension."

So let me guess, he installed the D2s crappy, bought Meagans after that and "his wife" doesn't like the ride, so he sold them and going to go with an air setup, but has Eibachs for the meantime? And let me guess, you thought you could make a quick buck off someone to recover some of the money from messing up on the first set of coils you tried to install. Is there even really a brother, or was that just to not have you take the full blame for these coils?

I can say that dealing with the maxima forum, here and my7thgen, and both FB 7th gen groups, I had been spoiled with legitimate and thoughtful members. I let my guard down one time and got burned on it. People do transactions on there all the time and nobody has ever complained about someone being shady on them until now. Luckily I got all my money back, but believe it will not happen again.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 AM

That's terrible.

Thanks for posting.

He is brand new here on the org too.
BAD first impression.

Glad you got your money back!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good to hear that you got your money back. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM

That's crazy because I was really considering buying those but my gut kept telling me to hold off. Glad to hear you got your cash back. That guy kept on pm'ing me too asking if I still wanted to buy them. Looks like I'll be buying a new set then.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Yea Quinn don't even waste your time with that guy man. Definitely not worth it. Only reason I did was because it seemed like something that could have been a legit scenario if his wife didn't like them.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Wow dude that's crazy! It's to find him and beat the crap outta him... Glad you got your money back kid...
Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Hate to say it but that looks the typical deal with used coilovers, your lucky you got your money back. I cant tell you how many sets of coils i helped my friends break lose and install new collars because the old ones were rounded. Just learn how to break lose seized collars because its very typical, now had the shocks been blown this would have been a different story but this is a detail miscommunication that the seller needs to address next time he tries to sells something.

Ontop of that, the fact that he gave you your money back and tried to help you as much as possible means he is atleast trying, used parts are shots in the dark especially coilovers, not everything is going to be perfect. I have made seller errors on this site too with a transmission, but i always try and correct those mistakes and make sure i dont make them again.

Im not taking sides this is honestly what i see.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:59 PM

^^the seller did not give him a refund..the buyer had to file a claim after the seller denied him and he won the dispute.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:43 PM

ok that makes more sense.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 AM

man I really hate selling saying cant refund it. same thing the guy who selling me the wheels saying everything new and never used till he give to me curb wheels, bent soo pissed off spend for $2k for wheels. im still waiting claim paypal to get my money back. idoit people..
why people cant do honest!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow, grow up man. I sent you more than enough pictures to make you feel better about the transaction. No one FORCED you to buy them. I'm sorry if they weren't in the condition you were looking for but I don't think you can really blame anyone but yourself. I would show you the invoice if I had it, but the fact that it was not installed for long is true. You got your money back and I have a set of coil overs that more damaged than before, end of story. In the end I'm the one that's really fcuked, so stop with the crying.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tn96dc
Wow, grow up man. I sent you more than enough pictures to make you feel better about the transaction. No one FORCED you to buy them. I'm sorry if they weren't in the condition you were looking for but I don't think you can really blame anyone but yourself. I would show you the invoice if I had it, but the fact that it was not installed for long is true. You got your money back and I have a set of coil overs that more damaged than before, end of story. In the end I'm the one that's really fcuked, so stop with the crying.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In your original post you didn't say that they were damaged at all. He received his money back only after filing a claim, not because you refunded it. I don't think he's crying at all, just letting us know about his experience.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM

Exactly blackmax.

The condition of the coils I was looking for was the condition that YOU PERSONALLY STATED "like new" and "less than 1k miles"...

You never said the collars were locked up and you definitely never said that your "brother" had some "jack@$$ install them" or that it was a "sh!!ty install" in the post. Again, your words that you later told me after I asked about the condition that I received them in. You knew if you had posted that info they would have never sold. It is hilarious you actually think I or anyone for that matter could cause that much damage in 30 minutes worth of time, lol. It is clear and apparent that those coils are older than they are and have more than the miles you are claiming.

Yes, the issue was when he tried to say that I caused all of that damage when they arrived like that. When I opened them at the shop, even the techs there asked me "I thought you said they were supposed to be 'like-new' with 'less than 1k miles' on them."

Just face the music and accept that you tried to get one over on someone and picked the wrong to do so with. You got caught and called out on it and the correct judgement was ruled.

POINT BLANK, PERIOD, END OF STORY AND CASE CLOSED
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM

This claim that he damaged your already damaged coilovers more, is laughable. You're just saying that now to try to cover the fact that this item is definitely not going to sell on this site anymore because people know they're damaged and see the real close-up pictures of them.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had no reason to see if the collars were seized or not, they don't fit my Lexus. And the condition of them is pretty clear, that's why we post pics and send pics of items we're selling to avoid wasting anyone's time. I sorry to say but I can't take 100% of the blame.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 PM

ing yourself deeper.

Your too new to be believed either way.
No one here will vouch for you being a good person.
Just leave the org and don't come back would be best, IMO.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:23 PM

I had no reason to see if the collars were seized or not, they don't fit my Lexus. And the condition of them is pretty clear
They were installed on a 2012 Maxima for less than a week and driven on less than 1k miles.
If this is your "pretty clear" explanation of "less than a week and less than 1k miles" in regards to their condition, I would hate to see what you consider used condition.

So the buyer, whether it was me or someone else, was supposed to know from the pictures that the collars were seized since you left that part out? Just like you left out the bad install job too, right?

You are right though..I blame myself for even doing this deal in the first place the more I watch you make a fool of yourself with these ridiculous posts, lol
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM

payment sent for coilovers!

:
Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 AM

Funny how anyone selling used suspension only had it installed for a few thousand miles at most.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM

wow good think u got your money back. The teeth on the perch still look usable but the thread pitch looks destroyed. That's where the problem seems to be.

don't let one person make u lose faith in the goodness of other people. For the most part most of us here are honest people.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Funny how anyone selling used suspension only had it installed for a few thousand miles at most.
This, so true! Those coilovers look to have more than "a few thousand miles"! Just shady business on the sellers part!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Tein Coilovers For Sale: Installed for one week/200 miles

Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM

Drilled and slotted rotors, like new $200 firm:
Name:  null_zps68d6b1b4.png
Views: 111
Size:  344.9 KB
Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM

Lmfao!!!!