Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

All negative CustomMaxima posts in here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:28 AM

Whats UP With CustomMaxima???

Get this i order my dimond clears about 11 days ago, and they say they still dont have them in stock. their telling me its coming in one week. how can the most popular item take so long to come?!?!?!?

does anyone else have probs with custom?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:31 AM

Try waiting 6 months
Old 05-19-2003, 09:58 AM

Cancelled spring order

I had to cancel my spring order, I waited a week to get them in, so I decided to call and, I was then told that "as soon as I placed my order they ran out of springs", and they had know I idea when the new ones were coming in, "could be a week or could be a couple of months". So I canceled the order an placed it with ptuning.com spring arrived in 2 days.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=158328

one of the many unsatisfied custommaxima customers.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

try waiting for your order since Jan 2002

Ordered the front tower strut bar, waited for year and half , now finally gave up on waiting , reqested refound last week, now i'm waiting for refound !!!!
CustomMaxima

Nick
Old 05-20-2003, 02:07 PM

Re: try waiting for your order since Jan 2002

Originally posted by nick
Ordered the front tower strut bar, waited for year and half , now finally gave up on waiting , reqested refound last week, now i'm waiting for refound !!!!
CustomMaxima

Nick
Old 05-22-2003, 10:36 PM

yea lots of people have issues with them and communication but some people love it.... no personal experience here
Old 05-24-2003, 12:02 AM

1-1/2 yr for a freaking fstb???? how nuts are you? after a few weeks, I would have cancelled. I have never personally had any problems with Custommaxima.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:00 PM

grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

they said - it will be worth the wait so i waited

now i'm trying to get the refound but the only thing i get is run around

some accounting lady that's never there to look up my payment

grrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-31-2003, 06:59 PM
scopium

man chill... it took almost a month for me to get my sidemarkers... you'll get them dont worry

Old 06-01-2003, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by scopium
man chill... it took almost a month for me to get my sidemarkers... you'll get them dont worry
F**k that dude, if you pay for something, and then have to pay shipping on top of it, you should get your stuff ASAP.

I bought my clear corners from CM, it cost me $14 for shipping. For $14, it should have been there in under a week, not a month. And if they're out of stock, someone should have the focking decency to email or call you and let you know. It's called "good customer relations", which CM knows nothing about.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:15 PM

WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CUSTOMMAXIMA. THEY GOT ME GOOD TALKING TO GREG AND GETTING ALL THE GOOD THINGS HOW THE SKYLINE BODY KIT FITS AND THEM WORKING OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS THEY HAD WITH THESE KITS. ASURED ME THAT IT WOULD BE 100% PERCENT FITMENT WITH MINOR MODIFICATION. NOT TRUE AT ALL THIS KIT DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY AT ALL. THIS REQUIRES MAJOR MODIFICATION AND IS ABOUT 60 PERCENT FITMENT. THIS KIT COMES WITH NO INSTRUTION, ITS NOT EVEN DRILLED OUT NO HARDWARE NO TEMPLATES. TRY TO RETURN AND ONLY GOT THAT IT WOULD COST ME $200.00 TO RESTOCK AND $125. FOR SHIPPING. THATS NOT THE WAY YOU DO BUSINESS, WHAT HAPPEN TO CUST. SATIFACTION. HOW CAN YOU USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY??
Old 06-10-2003, 11:25 PM

It's a fiberglass body kit, they're never 100%. If you're complaining about not having holes drilled out, then maybe you shouldn't be installing this yourself. Minor modification is very subjective, what is minor to me may not be minor to you. For what it's worth, it took 3 solid days at a body shop to modify my Sarona kit enough to fit onto my car.

And ask any shop that sells body kits and see what their return policy is. I promise you that no one will take a kit back for fitment reasons without charging you a restocking fee of $150-$250 and you pay return shipping. It's just the nature of the industry. No matter how good the company is.

Originally posted by BLINGBLING
WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CUSTOMMAXIMA. THEY GOT ME GOOD TALKING TO GREG AND GETTING ALL THE GOOD THINGS HOW THE SKYLINE BODY KIT FITS AND THEM WORKING OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS THEY HAD WITH THESE KITS. ASURED ME THAT IT WOULD BE 100% PERCENT FITMENT WITH MINOR MODIFICATION. NOT TRUE AT ALL THIS KIT DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY AT ALL. THIS REQUIRES MAJOR MODIFICATION AND IS ABOUT 60 PERCENT FITMENT. THIS KIT COMES WITH NO INSTRUTION, ITS NOT EVEN DRILLED OUT NO HARDWARE NO TEMPLATES. TRY TO RETURN AND ONLY GOT THAT IT WOULD COST ME $200.00 TO RESTOCK AND $125. FOR SHIPPING. THATS NOT THE WAY YOU DO BUSINESS, WHAT HAPPEN TO CUST. SATIFACTION. HOW CAN YOU USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY??
Old 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM

custommaxima should not adverstise what they can not back up. is all i'm saying. if u buy something that is 100% fitment, it should not have any problems installing.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
It's a fiberglass body kit, they're never 100%. If you're complaining about not having holes drilled out, then maybe you shouldn't be installing this yourself. Minor modification is very subjective, what is minor to me may not be minor to you. For what it's worth, it took 3 solid days at a body shop to modify my Sarona kit enough to fit onto my car.

And ask any shop that sells body kits and see what their return policy is. I promise you that no one will take a kit back for fitment reasons without charging you a restocking fee of $150-$250 and you pay return shipping. It's just the nature of the industry. No matter how good the company is.

i second that. as far as custommaxima goes, i've never had any problems with them whatsoever, and i have purchased many items from their site.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:49 AM

Looks like you're a ****ing idiot.

Look at the profiles, I've been here since the beginning of this forum. I was on all the forums previous to this since 1998. I have 2845 posts, check the rest of the forum before you start your accusations...idiot. I post in all the forums, I've got very, very few posts here. Only when I see morons, ie, you, post crap do I respond here.

Yes, it's all just one giant conspiracy theory. Greg sent all his "affiliates" here to post just to fight you. God, you're not that special.

Conversely, looking at your profile, you have all of 51 posts, and quite a few of them are here bashing Custommaxima. Veeeery interesting don't you think? At least I contribute something to this forum.

BTW, you never did respond to my question. If their return policy was clearly stated on their website, and the fact that the mirrors are not replacement mirrors is also clearly stated, how are they wrong for charging you a restocking fee when you didn't bother to READ THE POLICY!!! You epitomize what's wrong with people these days. It's always the big bad company's fault, how was I supposed to know when they only had all their policies clearly stated? They didnt' babysit me through the whole buying process so it's all their faul.

And just to get this out in the open, yes Greg is my friend. He's also my customer, we supply them with the aluminum interior trim they sell. And if something is wrong with anything we supply them, they call us immediately and we take care of it. Usually they call us right after the customer calls them, or they direct the customer to call us, and we take care of the problem. I've also seen them waive the restocking fee quite a few times, and credit the customer in full. The restocking fee is usually reserved for ******** customers, sound like you?

Originally posted by turbomolar
Looks like bulljive and shadow are custommaxima.com affiliates.
If you'll notice, the only threads they've been posting to are the anti-custommaxima.com ones.
Veeeeery interesting.....
Old 07-01-2003, 02:15 PM

i've had my problems with custommaxima. I've also had issues with courtesy nissan. Problems with both have been resolved one way or another.

There is a difference between having a problem with a product that a company sells and having a problem with the service a company provides. To blame CM for problems with a product that they resell, not manufacture, is absurd.

I have had problems with CM's service, mainly dealing with their customer service dept (or, rather, their lack there of), not with their products.

I now know the chances i take when i deal with them, and if i choose to order from them, i know i run the risk of having these problems again.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

Originally posted by fearthegecko

I bought my clear corners from CM, it cost me $14 for shipping. For $14, it should have been there in under a week, not a month. And if they're out of stock, someone should have the focking decency to email or call you and let you know. It's called "good customer relations", which CM knows nothing about.
Same thing happened to me with the DCCC's. Ordered them from CM a week before the NJ Meet in June; even requested 2nd Day UPS Air just to make sure I'd get them in time to install quickly. Nothing. Why did I have to call and find out what the problem was? Someone could've emailed/called me to tell me they were out of stock; better yet, they could've posted a notice on the site (as they have for the 2-color indiglo gauges, which have been out of stock since, what, 1998?)

Granted, they did refund my shipping costs, but damn, just tell me something beforehand. I'm a big boy, my feelings won't be hurt. BTW, I'd ordered from them twice previously with no problems at all. So now they're at 66% satisfaction (D-minus) with me.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:27 AM
UCF Lexus

project maxima? that was SO 3 years ago, and there's no progress.

I've only bought my clear corners from CM.com, they arrived late, but - that didnt bother me
Old 07-14-2003, 03:12 PM

Oh trust me, I got hounded for the whole Type II wing debacle, and the Z3 fenders too. It wasn't spread all over the forums, but I got email after email about that. What some people don't realize is that for a lot of this stuff, we're relying on outside contracters to make the product. Unfortunately, a lot of those contractors are unreliable and since we are the ones who are getting it made for the Maximas, we're at the front and get all the heat when in reality it may be outside of our control.

For instance w/ the Z3 fenders, I payed a manufacturer a lot of money to get them made. They took my money, and sat on it for 7 months without doing any work. It took threats of legal action just to get my money back, but what most people here thought was that I just didn't feel like making them and I caught a bunch of flack.

It's the same with Custommaxima. They are paying a lot of money to have products developed for the Maxima. What happens with their outside suppliers sometimes can't be helped. But since Greg/Custommaxima is the one who promised the product, they take all the blame. It's the inherent risk of developing a new product. If it works out, you make a lot of money, if it doesn't, you take all the blame and bad publicity.

People have said "don't promise something you don't plan to deliver", but the thing is that when we mention it, us vendors have every intention of delivering. Money has been paid, contracts have been drawn up and so on, so we figure that it's a done deal. Also, a lot of the times, members here blow it out of proportion. Somehow, a couple of posts about what we're thinking about making gets blown up into a whole "they're coming out with xxx product!!!" Kind of what happened with the Type II's. We got as far as the initial prototypes, and several wings were made before the manufacturer flaked out.

If the manufacturer has delays, there isn't much a vendor can do. To switch suppliers will cost a ton of time and money as well as cause more delays. And it's not like the vendor can go and make the parts in their garage. For a small time shop making one off parts, or low volume, it's easy to make claims. But until you've dealt with volume buying and outside suppliers, then you don't know how difficult it is to keep deadlines and product delivery dates for new items.

Originally posted by Weasel
ALMOST EVERY VENDOR ON THIS SITE HAS MISSED PROMISED DEADLINES FOR PRODUCT LAUNCHES. Why is custommaxima.com the only one who's constantly hounded? Type II wings anyone?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Custommaxima.com

No one will ever realize how difficult it is to create a new product. Lots of money, and time is needed to get a quality final product. Each date we receive we pass it on to everyone else. One main thing I learned is if we are working on a new product to keep it quiet till it is complete. Maxima guys are impatient and if you do not have the product out by the date promised then you are a bad company who likes to screw their customers. A handful of people here on Maxima.org like to go around and talk bad about CustomMaxima but we still get lots of people calling us each day who are very happy with our products and service. Our turbo kit is DONE, but we are being extra careful to make sure that all the bugs are worked out before it is released unlike other companies that release a product and then all these bugs happen. You may all crucify us now for being a couple weeks late but you will thank us later when you install the turbo and it works 100% excellent.

Another thing and I think Shadow can agree with me on this, the Altima and Sentra guys are more understanding and grateful for the new products we are developing. A 2000 Altima is going in next for a Turbo kit install. They are excited that we are taking the time to create a kit and focus on the Altima rather then making parts for hondas or acuras. That kind of positive reinforcement makes you want to help them out more with new products and forget about the ones who are ungrateful.

I thank you for those private messages I just received with the positive feedback. Its for you guys that we keep coming out with new products. I'll keep working hard to come out with new products and continue to help those out who are appreciative.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Custommaxima.com

I'd say about 75% of our customers are members of Maxima.org. We try to tell as many of our customers as possible about this forum including putting a link on our website. But there are always that few who are not familar with maxima.org and when we tell them about it they are real excited.

Old 08-18-2003, 07:33 PM

custommaxima sent me broken lense wut do i do

i ordered clear side markers for my 5th gen and one of the front ones is cracked and the other one the clip is loose and shakin....wut do i do? im pretty sure this was in fault of the delivery service so who do i contact
Old 08-19-2003, 06:07 AM

Please contact our customer service department ASAP to have your lenses replaced. Give us a call at 1-800-806-5798, I would be happy to take care of you.

-Tyler
CustomMaxima.com
Old 08-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jer
If you buy a vibrator and it turns out it's broken, do you :

a.) Take it back to the people you got it from.

or

b.) Use it as decoration on the dinner table.

or

c.) Give it too me and i'll add it to the other 5 in my a$$.
Jer, that's just gross! Don't come out to anymore meets.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

My turn to bash Custommaxima.com

I recently bought a pair of brand new red/clear tail lights. I already have their original red/clears but I like the new design better so I figured I would buy the new pair and sell my old pair. Opened up the box, checked it real quick, everything was fine. Put it away until I have time to install it. 2-3 weeks later, I decided to install it. After installing it, I noticed that there was a crack on one of the lenses. The thing that p!ssed me of about the crack was, it wasn't because of shipping. It looked like whoever had made the lense, glued the crack back together and decided to sell it. You can still see the crack through the glue. The glue is all over the place. I can't believe someone would try to resell this POS. What happen to quality assurance? Do you guys f#cking look at the thing before you ship it out? I called them and they said it was too late because it was over 14 days. PM the two members on the board last week and still no reply. I will never do business with these fawkers again.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:11 AM

amixam98, all of our products (especially taillights) are inspected carefully before shipping to ensure that you receive the item in good condition at your door. It is not uncommon that a package can be damaged while it is in transit. The only solution to a problem like this is to contact Custom Enterprise as soon as you receive your item and we can take the necessary actions to get you a new set. I assure you that we would never send out a product in the condition that you described. We do not 'glue' broken taillights back together as you had stated. We send a brand new replacement set out to our customers every time. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any comments or questions.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
1-800-806-5798 Ext. 104
Old 08-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I will be glad to post some pictures up tonight. I don't know why you guys don't answer PM's or emails but rather reply to a thread. Wouldn't it be better for you guys to settle this through PM or email so no one would know about it. I have been with the org for over 2 1/2 years now so I wouldn't make up stories. My trader rating is flawless. All I want is a freaking replacement.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: try waiting for your order since Jan 2002

Originally posted by nick
CustomMaxima

Nick
Man, that blows.

Guess I got lucky cuz I bought a Rear Sway Bar and a Front Strut Bar from CM last night and they sent me an email today telling me it shipped...with tracking number.

I got no beef with them thus far...
Old 09-13-2003, 11:50 AM
LithiuMax

Custommaxima.com shadyness...

Ordered some clear sides and bulbs from them on Tuesday. Called on Wednesday, guy said they would get the bulbs on Thursday and to look for a tracking info email after 6pm EST. No email came, so I called on Thursday - guy who said he was the manager of shipment or some ish said that lights have arrived and that he just put together all the orders to ship out, and that I should have an email by Friday 6pm EST. No email has come yet.

Anyone on here that works there and can tell me what the deal is with the lying and the BS?

Old 09-13-2003, 12:32 PM

I ordered clear corners from them almost 8 mths ago and I got them in 2 days. I was impressed actually.

The thing that's getting me annoyed though is their promises that they've made a bodykit for us 2k2'ers which haven't materialized. It was supposed to come out in later summer IIRC, a "photo shoot" was supposed to take place like weeks ago, but we haven't seen $hit. (sorry for the rant/OT)
Old 09-13-2003, 01:08 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

They suck ***! I ordered their strut bar. I get the bar and it has 2 driver side brackets, so I cant use it. I call them and say that I need the passenger side bracket and they send me out again the wrong bracket. I call and tell em they screwed up again... They apologize and promise me a next day air for the proper bracket to be in by Friday at their expense. Friday comes and goes and no bracket! I call them on the following Monday and say what the **** because now they really have me ***** off, and the guy says "Oh yeah, I forgot to ship it out". They next day air it and I finally get to put my strut bar on, Mind you I ordered it 2 weeks prior by 3 day air.

Then there is the story of my Tokico's. (yes im an idiot for going back to them). I order the shocks from them over the internet because they had the best price and shipping price listed on their web page, (so I thought). They call me and tell me that they "accidentally" listed the shipping wrong on the internet and that they want an extra $100.00 before they ship my product which I had already paid for in full! Basically Im now a raving lunatic and nicely tell them to cancel my order. The guy says ok and tells me that he will run the credit card # and do the charge back right away but it would take 4 or 5 days for the credit to be posted. A little more than a week goes by and my wife whom works for the bank that we have the credit card through tells me that the credit has not shown up. I send customcrapsima an e-mail stating that my money has not shown up yet, I wait 2 days and no response. I give them a call and the idiot that I spoke to proceeds to blame the whole thing on the bank and says he will do the charge back again and call the bank himself to make sure they post it. The next day I get an email from customcrapsima w/a charge back receipt and the money shows up like a day later. Mind you I never got a charge back receipt from them the first time which means that they never did the charge back like they said, because they are required to send you a charge back receipt whenever they reverse fees on a credit card... Moral of the story... Dunno?? But they are as SHADY as one can be!!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:31 PM

i dont know about you guys. Never had a problem with CM. always been quick and painless. they even called me to let me know that a part is not in stock. last week i ordered rear window spoiler from them. it was at my house in 2 days.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
Ordered some clear sides and bulbs from them on Tuesday. Called on Wednesday, guy said they would get the bulbs on Thursday and to look for a tracking info email after 6pm EST. No email came, so I called on Thursday - guy who said he was the manager of shipment or some ish said that lights have arrived and that he just put together all the orders to ship out, and that I should have an email by Friday 6pm EST. No email has come yet.

Anyone on here that works there and can tell me what the deal is with the lying and the BS?
I know exactly how you feel.
I ordered clear sides & polargs this past tues, and was hoping to get them on fri, since according to their shipping chart, its should only take UPS 2 days to ship to Maryland. Couple days go by, and no tracking info email.
I called them on friday and they told me that they didn't have them in stock, but just received a new shipment and that they would ship out that day and I would get them on tuesday. Here it is sunday, and I still don't have tracking info.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll receive them on tuesday as they promised.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:05 PM

Hey guys, I apologize for how frustrating it is to not receive tracking information in a timely manner. Our Internet Service Provider has been having issues with delivering email, especially because of the mass email bug we have been getting. Clear bumper lights came early last week but we held out to ship both M4 bulbs and bumper lights togther. Our shipment of Polarg M4 Bulbs did arrive on Friday and we shipped out all orders the same day. If any of you have any issues in the future please dont hesitate to call me.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
1-800-806-5798 Ext. 104
Old 09-17-2003, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by custommaxima1
Hey guys, I apologize for how frustrating it is to not receive tracking information in a timely manner. Our Internet Service Provider has been having issues with delivering email, especially because of the mass email bug we have been getting. Clear bumper lights came early last week but we held out to ship both M4 bulbs and bumper lights togther. Our shipment of Polarg M4 Bulbs did arrive on Friday and we shipped out all orders the same day. If any of you have any issues in the future please dont hesitate to call me.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
1-800-806-5798 Ext. 104

HEHE that would explain why i received the e-mail with tracking # after i already recieved the package. but its all good. the package came 3 days after i ordered it.
From my experience i have no complaints about CM.
wish they had some e-mail newsletter when they get new products on their site.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ma><iManiac
What you are experiencing is not unusual for that place...I got my clears from them too. Not only did they charge me a rediculous price to ship them, but it took them forever and a day to do it. The only way we're gonna get the message across is to stop buyin from them.
I ordered my clears from them also. Same experience. That was the first and last order they will ever get from me.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Sports Button FTW

i ordered a straight pipe from them during a group deal a while back and got it in good timing. I have never had beef with custom maxima. Only thing i ever hated was their phony promises for new things coming out and never do but not like i could afford most of that stuff anyway. Did you get your lights like on friday? or u still waiting for them? If u wait an extra day, its not a super big deal. I've seen much MUCH worst on the org, not from custom maxima btw...not all of it atleast
Old 09-18-2003, 02:29 PM

My experience with Custom Maxima good. I ordered a fstb and rear sway bar last thurs. When I ordered I was told the rear sway bar was on backorder, but could be drop shipped. On Mon I got a confirmation email with tracking #'s. My fstb came in Wed and I will have my rear sway bar Mon, shipping from AZ to VA. Sorry that to hear that others have had bad experiences, I would buy from Custom Maxima again.

Andy

97 Max SE 5spd daily driver
84 242 turbo, soon to be road race ready
Old 09-19-2003, 12:46 PM
SEdge

custommaxima.com problems

hey has anyone experienced any problems with custommaxima.com? i ordered an Injen Intake a week ago, got the confirmation email, but still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. i was told they were readily in stock. should i wait it out a little longer or contact them about it?

Quick Reply: All negative CustomMaxima posts in here.