Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

CustomMaxima.com Horror story! TAKE MY MONEY AND LAUGH AT ME!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2 weeks ago I gathered up some money to buy a the Adjustable Short-Throw Shifter for my 94 maxima from CustomMaxima.com . I went to the site and looked under "performance" for 94 Maximas and there I selected the Adjustable Short-Throw Shifter. It took me to a new page. On the bottom I could select weather to buy it for the 89-94 maxima or the 95-01 maxima. Right above the selector there is a link to VQpower.com . When I clicked on the link it said if I mentioned the article I would receive 10 dollars off. So I called Custom Maxima and I ordered the Adjustable Short-Throw Shifter for 89-94 and I mentioned the VQpower.com review and got 10 dollars off. A week later when I received the product it came in a box but on the outside it said 95-01 Adjustable Short-Throw Shifter. I figured they were not stupid and I guessed they just used the same box for all the shifters. So when I went to install it to my surprise it did not fit. I could not just let my car sit on jack stands while I return the item! The worst part is I had to break off the pivot ball off of the old one to get all the parts off because I guessed I did not need it anymore. What I had in mind was I could just buy another shifter for the 94 and return the one for 95-01 and get reimbursed. That way they can’t say no! So I called them and they asked me to call on Monday, I called on a Friday(I guess they take the day off on Fridays or something). After I called on Monday the owner sent me an email. The email said "The Adjustable Short-Throw Shifter mentioned in the VQpower.com review does not fit your car. If you return the product unopened in the package then we will give you store credit" WHAT! So I called the owner who sent me the email and left a message and he did not call back for a week so I just called them a few Minutes ago. It turns out not only do they not carry any more shifters for 89-94 but they will not give me my money back because I opened the packaged and attempted to install it(I screwed on the pivot ball). Now I am stuck here with a broken stock shifter and a useless short throw. So A) They do not update their site B) They will not take back a product when they messed up! C)They do not even tell me that they do not carry the shifters anymore! I ordered from them because my friend always buys things from them and they have always been good. But I know one thing is for sure! I will never buy from them again.

-Larry

Oh yeah two more things:
1. When I called the first the time guy said it would be ok because mostlikely I can return it and get full money back. He was not the owner. So it did not help when he got my hopes up.

2. I just checked their site and they still have the short shifter under 94 even though they do not carry it anymore. But they did remove it from the selector so now you can only select 95-01 even though you choose 94 on the home page. They only change this after someone calls and complains.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:35 PM

I kid you not, 30 seconds after I posted this they moved it to "Maxima.org Forums > Classifieds > Dealership and Vendor Experiences" My god who goes there!?

This is a very long post but you guys must read it, I mean you guys know me and have met me at the meets.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=313894
Old 05-27-2004, 01:45 PM

D()()D wtf.. thats trash. I'm sorry so that means no shifting ure max? OMFG...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:55 PM

That f'ing sucks, that's no way to run a business.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:37 PM

Damn that sux...u know what I have a 4th gen so to do you a favor if u want I will buy it from u....give me a holla so your bad experience can be turnedaround.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:04 PM

sorry man. Make a screenshot of the page where it says they have on for a 3rd gen. Also, save that page. Then you can call BBB or sue them for false advertisement I guess.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I only purchased one thing from them, and I will never do business with them again. I get my stuff from SWA or localy through org member......
Old 05-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by Cheocwa
I kid you not, 30 seconds after I posted this they moved it to "Maxima.org Forums > Classifieds > Dealership and Vendor Experiences" My god who goes there!?

This is a very long post but you guys must read it, I mean you guys know me and have met me at the meets.

I know how you feel. When something bad happens, you just want to tell the world. But unfortunately, this will probably get moved as well. Which is only right.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
scopium

i only purchased some side markers which took a month to get to my house.. they have the worst service....
if u paid with credit card just call your credit card and report spam... they did not send u the right product and refuse to change it.. they will credit you your money...

Old 05-27-2004, 08:27 PM
scopium

i only purchased some side markers which took a month to get to my house.. they have the worst service....
if u paid with credit card just call your credit card and report spam... they did not send u the right product and refuse to change it.. they will credit you your money

Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by kloogy
I only purchased one thing from them, and I will never do business with them again. I get my stuff from SWA or localy through org member......
a few years back I ordered some DC bumper lights for my 96 and after I payed for them I was informed through email that they were on backorder.. There was no meantion of this on their website at the time of purchase.. I ended up waiting almost 2 months for them.. They run a ****y business to me.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

well since they moved it it must mean they didnt want it in that forum....and Donald's right, its gettin moved....HA
Old 05-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Jedi Knight

damn...that sux bro....hope Greg corrects this...seems like an epidemic with Custommaxima
Old 05-28-2004, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by nupe500
damn...that sux bro....hope Greg corrects this...seems like an epidemic with Custommaxima
Thats the thing, Greg was the one I was dealing with.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:41 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

I got my Tokico's and GReddy cat-back from Greg a few years back. Didnt have any problems at all except it took the GReddy a few months to get to me. Although that was because apparantly nobody in the country stocked 3rd gen GReddys anymore, which I believe is probably true

BTW, I have a 3rd gen Pacesetter Adjustable STS for sale
Old 05-31-2004, 06:00 PM

why do we have a company with a long history of bad customer service experience sponsoring maxima.org? we could do better with krispy kreme sponsoring the org.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM

Larry,
I'd like to shed some light on the recent purchase you had with us.
Let me start with our short throw shifter being displayed in the incorrect year Maxima drop down menu. This was in fact an error on our website, which seemed to have led to this. We have/had two shifters, the Custom Enterprise Shifter and the Pacesetter Shifter. Both of which were displayed on the drop down box on the same page. On the same page was a link to a review on VQpower.com about our shifter, which included a note saying that if you mentioned the review you would get a $10 discount. On this page it says nothing about an 89-94 shifter being eligible for the discount, only for the 95-99. Here is a link to the page:
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...article&sid=86

When you called to place your order, the representive took your order according to the review that you mentioned. Therefore we placed the order for the 95-99 model shifter with a discount, whereas you wouldn't have been eligible for a discount with an 89-94 Maxima. Not to mention you would have received a completely different product.

Now,you receive your shifter, the box says 1995-1999 Maxima. I would have advised on giving us a call at this point. After attempting a visual install, you decide to call us. According to the notes in your order, the representitive that you spoke to agreed to take the shifter back, although you would of course have to follow our return policy. For a full refund, we have a restocking fee. Although we do provide a store credit for the full amount if you plan to purchase with us again. Even though you attempted to install this product we were willing to take it back.

I was the last representitive that you spoke to. Being the first time I had heard about this situation, I listened to everything that you had to say. Towards the end of the conversation you told me that you installed the shifter anyway and that you had to do some modification to get it installed. By no means can I take a product back that has been fully installed. This is the sole reason why I cant take the product back.

If you have any further questions or you would like to speak with me directly I insist that you call me directly. Thank you.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
Tyler@CustomEnterprise.com
Old 06-10-2004, 11:45 PM

heh sounds like just this situation is the least of your problems..... theres about 100 post on bad customer service.... Ill stick with SWA
sorry :/
Old 06-13-2004, 01:37 PM

Being a web designer I know how simple it is to change a simple little drop down menu. I had no idea what to do once my old shifter was out and my new shifter would not work, I needed a car and I need to drive so I modified the short shifter to work but it was not meant to be in my car. I would still rather have one that is made for my car. So even If I did call when I saw that the shifter was for 95-01 they would not have given me one for a 89-94 because they do not carry those anymore but not according to their website! So I would have had to get a full refund but Custom Maxima’s return policy is the worst; In essence they do not return your money at all. You buy something they charge you a restocking fee and they only give you store credit. I know I will never buy anything ever again and I hope you people who see this post do the same and stick with SWA.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:12 PM

Being a web designer I know how simple it is to change a simple little drop down menu. I had no idea what to do once my old shifter was out and my new shifter would not work, I needed a car and I need to drive so I modified the short shifter to work but it was not meant to be in my car. I would still rather have one that is made for my car. So even If I did call when I saw that the shifter was for 95-01 they would not have given me one for a 89-94 because they do not carry those anymore but not according to their website! So I would have had to get a full refund but Custom Maxima’s return policy is the worst; In essence they do not return your money at all. You buy something they charge you a restocking fee and they only give you store credit. I know I will never buy anything ever again and I hope you people who see this post do the same and stick with SWA.
Most internet companies, if not all have a restocking fee return policy. Even SWA does. Take a look at their cancellation/return policy on the bottom of their home page. Only difference is, we dont have a cancellation fee.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
Old 06-14-2004, 02:41 PM

Only problem is that SWA kills custom maxima in terms of customer support. I've had problems with my order twice at SWA and both times they were more then helpful. If there is any problem they will definately not charge a restocking fee.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:22 AM

i like SWA & also shipping cost isnt a killer like custommaxima
Old 06-18-2004, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Custom_Maxima1
Most internet companies, if not all have a restocking fee return policy. Even SWA does. Take a look at their cancellation/return policy on the bottom of their home page. Only difference is, we dont have a cancellation fee.

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise

There's another difference- SWA is picking up $1000's of dollars in business on this thread. Someone else is losing the same, mostly because of an admitted error on their own web page and their non-flexible "the rules is the rules" approach. Hint-Hint.

If it were my business (and yes, I've been running one(the same one) for 20 years) I would refund the guy's money and let him toss the shifter in the trash if that's what it took to make him a lifelong customer after my site mis-informed him.

Of course, it wouldn't take that at all, just common decency.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 98maxblackwind
why do we have a company with a long history of bad customer service experience sponsoring maxima.org? we could do better with krispy kreme sponsoring the org.

Krispy Kreme
Old 06-21-2004, 11:30 PM

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
I'm sorry but this is bull. This thread shows you do not care about your customers and only see them as greenbacks coming in.

I have never purchased anything from Custom Maxima or SWA so I have no loyalities, however I have seen Steve and Alex make things right on a number of occasions. I have seen Greg make things right on a few occasions aswell, but as a whole, it just doesn't really seem to be enough.

It just ****es me off to see a business not stand behind their customers. This makes me very very hesitant to purchase anything from your site, or recommend your site to n00bs/other guys who ask where to buy their mods.

Old 06-26-2004, 10:29 AM

u should just admited ur site was messed up which is YOUR FAULT, and u should have ur employees verify which year the STS is for, instead of ur employee assumin that b/c he mention the ad he automatically ment a 4th gen...im sure he must have mention the year of the car while ordering, and even if he didn't ur employee still should have verified. and wen he saw the 95-99 on the box he was givin ur company the benefit of the doubt by thinking "oh their not stupid, they probalby just use the same box for all STSs".

imagine if it was u. u get the wrong item, u break ur stock shifter in the process of installin ur STS, but then u realize a "well known" company just SCREWED u over...how does that make u feel...and worst part is, u lost ur money, u have a useless shifter layin around, and ur stock one is BROKEN.

take responsibility for ur own mess ups. thats the only way ur gonna be successful, cuz if u keep doin business like this, ur not gonna get anywhere....i know for sure unless this problem is fixed and customer service is better, i NOT BUYING anything from u guys.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:43 AM

oh and cheocwa, im sorry for ur misfortune and hopefully CE does the right thing and refunds ur money back and if their really good they'll even reimburse ur for ur stock shifter...but if not, just make the problems u've had w/CE known to all the maxima and altima u know and advise them to purschase their maxima and altima products else where.

good luck
Old 06-26-2004, 05:45 PM

mmmmmmmmmm

Well I ordered the dc corners for my 4th gen... They got hear ok and got to installing them and they where the cheapest pieces of crap I have ever seen. They did not fit, poorly made.... I will look very hard and far before getting something from there again.....

My 2 cents...
Old 07-01-2004, 03:57 AM

i will definitively never buy from them again....
Old 07-01-2004, 11:20 AM

dont you guys know by now? nothing is ever custommaximas fault everything they do is perfect its always the customers fault. i love custommaxima so much they have awesome prices and they best customer service! EVER! lol jk im just happy for more info to get out about custommaxima gets out so that people will stay away from them. id rather buy a parakeet with his head cut off then buy from custom maxima
Old 07-05-2004, 01:03 PM

Custom Maxima

I have not been on the board due to NO SEARCH and the site being dog slow. But I am shocked to see this thread. I feel that in this case the customer should get 100% his money back. It was your site that was incorrect. You should have verified the model year from the customer.

I have done one deal and that was with Greg directly when the diamond cut clears had just come out. That experience was a very good one. I cannot believe that in such a short time, a good business has gone down to such low levels.

With this business practice and model, I wish Custom Enterprises All the Best because they are really going to need it.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:42 AM

-Tyler
Custom Enterprise
I have dealt with your company before and many others I know have. SWA is leagues ahead of your firm in terms of knowledge, customer service and just plain good business practices......

Jason
Old 09-21-2004, 07:04 PM

I love you guys. Everybody knows exactly what I am talking about. I just came back from China so I have not been here in a while. But I am so glad that I am not the only one. I pretty much have a comepletely stock maxima. So many of my friends have maxima's I am the only 3rd gen but every time they ask me where is a good place to buy I say every where but custommaxima.com. They listen. Custom Maxima has lost at least a few thousand dollars because of how they treated me. All they have to do is give me my money back! I am a part of MCC (Maxima Club of California) and I have told everybody to not buy anything from them. I am the photographer of the group. Just to give you guys an idea here are some of our cars. I am the only third gen in any of them :

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=309074

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=312851

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?p=2988449
Old 11-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

SWA
custommaxima
Old 11-26-2004, 01:07 PM

umm lemme get this str8... u saw it was not ur year shifter but YOU STILL chose to open it? and on top of that YOU broke YOUR og shifter....hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what ur IQ scores are...

i know most companies will not take anything back onced its opened (in person or online)..and on top of that u ordered it online...so what really makes u think an online store gonna want something back after u opened it..

i dont mean to take CE's back but U R THE ONE WHO F'ED UP UR CAR UP...so man up and deal with it..if anything they are doing you the favor by takin it back and giving u credit for ur error...but at the same time they f'ed u over by the sites claims... and probally would of been a cleaner swap for a new shifter if u would of never opend the package...step back from ur cars view ,smoke one or more if u get down like that, and send it back...they seem understanding
Old 11-27-2004, 04:51 PM
I miss the .org!

It's a pretty well known fact that CM has crappy shipping and customer service. I don't blame them for not accepting a return after you opened and tried to install the item. In this case it's used. You should've called/emailed them as soon as you got it, and saw that it was for the wrong year. In that situation, they should've been able to get you an exchange for the right part, or a store credit or refund if they can't get you the right part.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Project Ruby......

My girlfriend bought red engine hoses from CM for my bday (11/25). They called her and told her that the 3/8" size is on backorder, and the 3/4" size will be here on 12/3.

Well obviously 12/3 has passed and what didn't arrive? The 3/4" hose. She emailed them about it no reply. So today they will be getting a lovely phone call.

But it doesn't end there. My dad also ordered stuff. I am 95% sure that he ordered from CM as well. Everything was basically on backorder. He told me Friday that SOME of my stuff shipped. I'm hoping it will be here today, but it won't surprise me if it isn't.

All I have too say is, I didn't even deal with the company, I had two DIFFERENT people order from them and both have had bad expierences. When I've ordered through them before I never had a problem, but I guess it was bound too happen. And this will be the end with them.

Oh and one other thing do they not hold anything in stock??? I know its the holidays, but I can't believe a lot of this crap is out of stock.

Southwest Autoworks and Redlinemax for now!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 PM

glad i checked this section out, they'll never have my money.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

First Custom Maxima charges A lot of money for the same parts.. anyway... don't do business with them I only use them for reference.... that's all....
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MomoMax98
umm lemme get this str8... u saw it was not ur year shifter but YOU STILL chose to open it? and on top of that YOU broke YOUR og shifter....hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what ur IQ scores are...
I wonder what your IQ score is as well. Why don't you read what I write before you open your yapper. As I stated before, Becuase I saw the 95-99 shifter on their website under 3rd gen parts I assumed it was the right part for my car.