Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.
View Poll Results: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?
Yes
43.82%
No
56.18%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

You happy with your Nissan Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Back from the dead

Yep. Owner is a family friend, their all good people, they gave me a job for the summer, not uber expensive service/parts, and they sell cars CHEAP. im talkin new maxima SE loaded for like 28. Overall, havent had a bad experience, except their not too fond of non-nismo aftermarket stuff
Old 10-09-2005, 09:14 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Nissan can lick my nuts.

Long story, but it made me want to burn the place down;

A while ago I had my clutch replaced my my friend/mechanic. When the job was done my speedo/odometer didnt work. I replaced the speed sensor and still nothing, so I took it to Serramonte Nissan. I told them what I had replaced and they said they will take a look at it. A couple days later they got back to me saying that the speedo head in the cluster was bad and that with parts and labor it would cost $400 something to fix. I told them I would buy another cluster here and do it myself. Beofre I left the @sshole service manager I was dealing with said some ****, including "when you try and fix it and it doesnt work, dont come crying back to me", this ******* ENRAGED me, I was ready to beat the **** out of that guy.

So I go home and swap in a working cluster from my friends car and it still doesnt work, I even put my supposedly bad cluster into my friends car and it worked. So I go back to nissan and tell them that the info they gave me from doing a diagnostic on my car a few days back was WRONG and that I want it done again, they said "ok, we will call you when we are done". The next day I hear back from them, and they tell me the SAME MOTHER ******* THING!!!! that the speedo head in the cluster is bad. I tell the service manager again that I already did that and it didnt work, and he tells me "well the tech says to replace the speedo head and check again". I cant not stand these ******* service managers that have never worked on a car in their life. To become a service manager, you should have to already have been a tech for a certain ammount of time.

So anyways, after him telling me again that the head was bad and that it would cost $400 something to fix, I ask "so for $400, will you guarantee that the problem will be fixed?" and he flat out says, NO. WHAT THE ****!?!?! Absolute bull ****, I have never dealt with so much incompatence.

Does this mean I will never buy another nissan? no, I love nissan cars, but I ****ing hate their dealers and everytime I go there for a part I think about burning the place down.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:33 PM

Don't like mine either. They charge prices that are insane for one, and their service is crap. I feel like it's one of those - if you don't have at least a $500 problem, we'll make it one - type of thing. New one just opened though a little closer, it's brand new, so it might be okay, don't know...
Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 AM
tastey wheat

Originally Posted by Vlasic
.."when you try and fix it and it doesnt work, dont come crying back to me"..

OMFG!!!! this is pretty much exactly what they said to me. i couldn't figure out what my hesitation problem was, so i took it to Smithfield nissan, and they said i messed up the spark plugs, which wasn't my fault (when i bought the plugs the guy at NAPA gave me the wrong ones, and they suck too for not allowing people to borrow their tools). And on top of that, they told me i needed ALL 6 of my coil packs replaced.. BBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! x a million. i told them i'd do it myself cus ignition coils aren't exactly difficult, they were gonna charge me well over $600 for coilpacks, then labor charge. Turned out, my number 2 coilpack was dead and that was IT. Saved myself over $500, so Nissan dealers can bite me, they just want to suck the money out of you, stay away, if you can ALWAYS go to a private mechanic.

btw, Vlasic, did you ever get the problem fixed?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Ya I got it fixed. It was a simple wireing poblem, which is what I told the guys at nissan I thought it was. When I brought it in I said that there were no problems with the ecu, sensor or cluster and I think its a wireing problem. They totally just blew my suggestion off. Eventually I went to a private mechanic (even my normal guy couldnt figure it out, we were all stumed) and this guy had it for 2 days and got it working for less than half the price nissan wanted.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:10 PM
tastey wheat

Originally Posted by Vlasic
Ya I got it fixed. It was a simple wireing poblem, which is what I told the guys at nissan I thought it was. When I brought it in I said that there were no problems with the ecu, sensor or cluster and I think its a wireing problem. They totally just blew my suggestion off. Eventually I went to a private mechanic (even my normal guy couldnt figure it out, we were all stumed) and this guy had it for 2 days and got it working for less than half the price nissan wanted.
good deal. always nice to save money
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Garden City Nissan, NY. Don't bother going there for parts. I needed the bolts to piece together the upper and lower halves of the 00VI setup, so I went there to try and order them. He printed out a sketch of the intake manifold from a '99, and insisted to me that the same manifold is in a 2000, which is the one I asked him for. When I tried spelling out the difference between a VQ30DE, and a VQ30DE-K, he looked at me confused and had two other people from the department come and try to back up his claim that there is no difference in the manifolds from 95-'01. I ended up telling him to forget it and walked out.

Baron Nissan, in Greenvale, NY was able to help me out. They had the correct diagrams, knew the difference in the two manifolds, and ordered the parts for me promptly.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:04 AM

why can't dealers have decent after purchase service....they make me feel bad for taking the car back in, like it's my fault it breaks....
Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 PM
brad kay

i do all the scheduled maintanance my self so the only time i ever go into the dealership is to get OEM parts.. gaskets, touch up paint etc. They've been just as if not more helpful than other other car companies that i've been to before.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:03 PM

I havent had to visit one yet, but I am sure I will have to one day. Only had the car 7 days and already having to work on it too much.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Snolife
Gardena Nissan, Gardena California, way cool people, thanks Al for always hookin me up.
I'll second that! Torrance is ok (they're closer to me) but Gardena has been really good to me. Long story with a warranty fix that another dealer up north totally screwed up on my wife's Pathfinder.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:51 PM

Ericksen Nissan Infiniti in Edmonton has terrible service. The only time I am ever going back there is to do warranty work on my I35.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I didnt buy my Max from a Nissan Dealership but before I had to bring in my Girlfriends 01 Sentra for warrenty work and this is what happened.

1.took them 3 times to fix the CEL
2.they lost our keys (I made them Rekey all the keys including the ignition)
3.Lot Porter started talking **** to me (had to put him in his place)
4.and after we got it home after they rekeyed everything it turns out they had broke the auto windows button so they were stuck OPEN in December
5. when they fixed the windows they apperently disconnected the speaker in the door(which I didnt notice until it was out of warrenty)

Thats UNITED NISSAN in Las Vegas, NV

then when I was looking at used Maxima's one of the sales managers at a different Dealership flat out told me:
"Dont Bull**** with me kid, if we are going to make a deal we are doing it tonite"
I told him sorry then there is no deal
then he said
"Then get the **** out of my dealership, I dont want to see you no more"
that dealership was
Planet Nissan Las Vegas, NV
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 PM

I'm very excited for a first time buyer at Urban Nissan in Duncanville, TX. I got a 2003 Maxima 6spd., with black 18 inch Velox rims, strut brace, 10 inch Screen and DVD player, aftermarket alarm, emmaculate exterior and interior, Tanabe muffler. and it was on Nissan's showroom floor. I wasnt expecting to buy a car cuz we were just going to get my mom's tail light fixed on her altima. next thing you know I ended up getting that maxima. I wasnt gonna let that go for $0 down. $440 a month which isnt too bad. they put me on the graduates program cuz i just graduated college. I went through her dealer that sold her the altima. So im very satisfied.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 AM

Kansas here: Just to add to the list for those that might be going. I have four nissans in the house (97 SE-R, 96 max, 00 max, 97 quest). Needless to say, I call alot. Each time I have gone to any Nissan dealer or called for a part, I can never get a decent response. First is always the VIN# bull over the phone. I have numerous times simply looked up a VIN on ebay and given it to them and it has worked out fine. Why? I had to go through 30 minutes of run around in the Olathe Nissan dealership just for the dashboard led's. I literally walked off and went into Mercury and bought from there in and out within five minutes (97 Nissan quest and mercury villager are same). The guy even pops the led's out of the brackets and just hands me those for 0.25c I know where to go next time for my van stuff. I have a list of problems everytime. One time I needed a hose pipe of an intercooler for my buddy's 300z TT. I called all four nissan dealerships and could not get a response and then even called oklahoma and no response. I ended up ordering it from a dealership in houston and get it shipped. My father has a G35 coupe that he bought from Infiniti. One day his car loses power all of a sudden (under warranty). He takes it to the dealership and they say, looks like your fuel pump is going out. He says ok (since its in warranty, o well). Then he asked them, can he get a car so he can drive to work till its fixed. Their response was literally rolling on the floor laughing. One of my buddy has a 1995 Lexus es300 (an old school camry look-a-like). He takes it to Lexus for a $30 oil change and they hand him a brand new rx300. Why is nissan promoting their items like this? and don't get me started on the "we don't put miles on our car by letting people test drive".

Ok, I'm calm now.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM

Dealer tried to charge me $400+ to install a MAF and EGR... What do you think? No, I don't like the dealer. They must have thought I was an idiot....... Dealer was in Richmond, Texas.....
Old 12-19-2005, 06:32 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by mdjtlj
Dealer tried to charge me $400+ to install a MAF and EGR... What do you think? No, I don't like the dealer. They must have thought I was an idiot....... Dealer was in Richmond, Texas.....
Well a new MAF goes for $480 and a new EGR valve goes for $130, so $400 doesnt sound too bad.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does anyone else have a recommendation for a Nissan dealer in the Washington D.C. area? I need to get service done on my car.

I agree with you 1toknow, rosenthal sucks.

I purchased my car from there and was deceived about its certified pre-owned status. It was not Nissan CPO, despite being a Nissan car on a Nissan lot. I am retarded about cars, and apparently it had warped rotors, needs two new rear tires, vibrates over 75, and has a hammered out crumpled hood (from a seemingly odd accident… the cars body was not damaged as far as I can tell, the gash which was fixed seemed to have been caused from something pole sized pushing into the hood, not a full blown accident). In addition, there area some areas that have at least been repainted including my front bumper (which has over 60 rock chips from a few months of light driving) and rear bumper. Also, there is a part of the left side passenger door which looks like it was bent up slightly (possible attempted break in?), along the roof (the other side has much less space between the door and the roof).

Long story short (after lots of hassle… and TWO whole weeks), they at least machined my rotors for free which have not warped since (although I don’t drive too hard). Now… the transmission is slipping from 2nd-3rd, and from neutral to the overdrive (the car lurches slightly… 2nd to 3rd is about 200-400rpm, stepping on the gas on the highway just lurches a little). I’m hoping a TSB I read about the computer giving too much gas to shift between 1st and 2nd could be related, and not that my transmission is dying. The transmission slip has not seemed to have worsened, and it is not very noticeable.

The car was first purchased by an individual, then sold and business leased (and I guess I got it at the end of the lease at 36,500 miles) according to carfax, with a pretty spotless interior and a few minor scratches here and there on the exterior (plus the horrible paint on the bumper). Nissan corporate was pretty worthless, saying they would look into my claims but could do nothing for me. Still though, I am loving my 2002 GLE with black exterior and black interior.

-alapo
Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 PM

I was happy with mine for a long time (a problem with the sale was as much my fault for not paying attention)....

Then, I took it there for a service issue earlier this year, and they flat tried to rip me off. I'll never go there again for anything -- I've gone back to the shop that helped me get 261,000 miles out of a FORD!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:25 PM

just bought my 2000 Gxe from Pine Belt Nissan in Keyport, NJ...i was very happy with the way we were treated by ou salesmanand so far the car seems to run well
Old 01-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Still chugging along...

Screw Baytown Nissan!

I will never again deal with Baytown Nissan in Baytown, TX. I bought a A/C pulley tensioning bolt for one of my cars for $17, yes I said $17 and not $1.70. I was young and stupid at the time and didn't know I was getting raped on the price at the time. The 90 year old geezer with bad breath and a bad attitude behind the parts counter told me it was so expensive because it was "specially heat treated" and had a "special metric thread". I was stupid enough to believe him. After buying it, I remembered a local vendor that sells industrial fasteners that I had done business with in the past. I stopped in to see if he had anything like it. He came out after looking in the back for about a minute and had the exact same bolt. How much? He said, "Well we have a minimum order of $5.00 but they only cost about 27 cents. If you only need one, just take it."

Obviously I went back to the dealership with his bolt still in the unopened plastic package for a refund. I was told that there is a 20% restocking fee. For a freaking bolt that he pulled out of a drawer! They expected me to pay $3.40 to return a bolt that cost .27 to begin with. Hell no. I told them that neither I nor anyone I ever talked to would ever buy anything at that dealership ever again unless he gave me a full refund. He wouldn't. I left with the bolt and disputed the charge with American Express; that the charge was fraudulent and not to pay it. They didn't.

I now buy parts at David McDavid Nissan which is about 15 miles farther from my home but it's worth it. Helpful and knowledgeable parts people and I've had no problems so far.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:57 PM

Can't complain about my dealer. I get free parts or discounts on them. If I'm not buying parts, and my dad is buying a car they knock off about 1000-2000 for us.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:35 PM

can't really complain, but they are very slow.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:59 AM

Slow and expensive.

I've seen Service Advisors look up customer records to determine if they're going to submit something under warranty. Case in point, a customer had broken a retractable cup holder/tray. And the SA wasn't going to deal with the warranty claim. He would have just informed the customer that it wasn't normal wear or tear and not covered. But not every repair under warranty is inspected by the manufacture, and some things can slide through the system without question. When he noticed that the customer had all their oil changes up to date, he went ahead and warrantied the part. Saved the customer a $80 or $90 by not having to buy the cup holder and try to install it herself. So, if you make a mistake, screw something up, the dealership can be a friend in a way.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:32 AM

I've been to 3, and I like 1

skokie, IL. Martin Nissan - used to be Fergus
Old 01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Valencia Nissan replaced my 2002's head unit for the fifth time recently. No longer under warranty but to show good faith the service manager, Zach Wilson replaced it within a week. I have had all servicing performed by the dealer and have had no complaints.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
boner27

my dealer in skokie il, is pretty straight foward. i got to know one of the younger techs there and if i need anything done he'll tell me straight up if i need it or not. and the service mgr's are cool too. they hooked me up with both nissan rear calipers for the same price as some aftermarket ones i was going to get. $120 ea instead of $330 ea. shwing..

Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 PM

Whatever you guys do, DO NOT go to PINNACLE NISSAN in Scottsdale, AZ.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm new round these parts so dont flame the newb

I absolutely dreaded going to the dealership after my experience. The salesman knew absolutely nothing about the Maxima I bought and in the entire process left out major details that prolonged the buying process for about 3 weeks.

Star Nissan in Queens is the dealership BTW
Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by White Shadow
I left with the bolt and disputed the charge with American Express; that the charge was fraudulent and not to pay it. They didn't.
Good for you, that was a great move on your part. That'll teach em! It sure pays to use credit cards these days.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:22 AM

i got a good one. went to look for a 5.5gen manual at the local dealership just to see if they had any.

problems i found with the so called salesman...

1. thought my 91 was a 96, 97 or 98
2. offered me all automatics when i said it had to be a manual.
3. offered me a 2.5 altima when i stated it had to be the 3.5
4. offered me a black "300zx" (it was a 350z)

he just had no clue.......maybe i could use that against him when if i do go back to buy a car from there.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well i dont know yet cuse i still didnt buy my max. I will be buying 06 max in the next 4 months so ill tell you than . Looking at the replies i am thinking i have 50 50 chance
Old 04-01-2006, 12:12 PM

They were great, must be the area of the country.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:49 PM

Asked for master key for my max, made me 7 keys, none of them worked. Awesome dealership.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

They all have different, expensive solutions.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Alhambra nissan of california . they ruined my new sparkplug wires set . after a new mass air flow sensor replaced on my truck , they said i needed new wires told them its new just last month after a major tune up .. a mechanic accidently cut the # 5 plug wires .
Old 08-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My experience with my local Nissan dealership has been nothing but terrible, frustrating, and insulting! Just one of several examples............I made an appointment to have some work done on a TSB, when I got there, they told me that their were "no" TSB's on my car (now that's a laugh!)! So, I tell them I know differently, and I'll gladly take my business elsewhere! Except I can't, as they locked my keys in my car!! So, I get to wait for 30 min for them to make a new key, and open my doors! The entire time they are rude, and never even apologized for locking my keys in my car. I could list numerous other examples, but you get the point. I've owned many cars over the last 34years, and I rate my Nissan Dealership experiences as the absolute worst by far!!This will be my last Nissan, as I never want to see another Nissan dealership as long as I live!!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Ichiban King

I really like my dealership.. lokey nissan - clearwater, FL. great servive, nice ppl and therew my alty for the '98 recall in no problem and half of the ppl at the counter KNOW A TON about mods for our cars. let alone Nissans over seas, we were talking 180sx's, pulsars, 240z's. it was awesome.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:20 PM

Come on Texas people i am in the market for buying a 04-06 maxima need to know some good dealerships.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Ichiban King

courtesy nissan is a great dealership in TX from what I've heard and their parts dep. have treated many orgers quite well..

Quick Reply: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?