Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.
View Poll Results: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?
Yes
43.82%
No
56.18%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

You happy with your Nissan Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

For those of you in Southern California, go to Cerritos Nissan and ask for Dave ,the service Manager. He used to work at Gardena Nissan for 20+ years and moved to Cerriots. I swear and die by this guy. He is such a cool cat. Has gone way out of his way to take car of my car from day one. I drive the extra 15+ miles and go to Cerriots. I have not had one bad experience in dealing with Dave. I highly recommend him. Sometimes a Service Manager makes all the difference.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:17 AM

great tip! if your dealer tells you there's a problem, take it to another dealer and ask them to check it out. get a second opinion.

keep them honest.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM

i didn't buy mine from a nissan dealer(used) but nalley in marietta, ga was great in terms of the sale and transaction.

even though i'm a 20 something college student walking in with jeans and flipflops, they treated me with respect and didn't blow me off as a waste of their time. good people.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Vil

From GEIS in Mohegan Lake, NY I really only have one complaint, that the ALWAYS try to rip me off. Last month I was told I needed to replace my brakes within the next month or so, took my car to a different dealer and found out my brakes were in perfect condition.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:42 AM

they all suck
mr. so and so. you need blah blah blah costing $$$$
steering fluid change?
fuel injection flush?
rubber hoses look cracked?
belts look cracked?
brake fluid change?
it's all BS all the way to kansas
Old 01-15-2007, 07:26 AM

Sheehy of Waldorf sucks and Passport Marlow Heights forget it.

I buy my vehicles from Sheehy of Glen Burnie and order my parts from courtesyparts.com
Old 01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Napoli Motors, Milford Ct. Service Dept.

Never use Napoli Motors Service in Milford Connecticut. I had brought a 2000 GLE that I had just bought from a private owner in for service at 90k miles. One thing I asked them to do is replace the rear sidemarker lamps as they were dead.

When the called me later to go over what needed repair, they said they had to remove the rear bumper to replace the lamps. Since I didn't have an owners manual, I said go ahead. Little did I know that all one has to do is pop the unit with a cloth covered screwdriver. They charged my $93 in labor for that work.

They also replaced a frozen rear brake caliper and 2 weeks later the connection to it started leaking.

When I tried to pass emissions after service, I failed because the check engine would not go on when the key was turned to the on position. I asked if they check the lamps and they said no. However a week later I get a checklist or what was inspected by the tech that states that lamps were checked. It turned the lamp was dead because no one had fixed a problem covered by a Nissan TSB before I owned the car. That means the dealer missed out on much more work that they could have hit me up for if they had just fixed the light which was or was not checked.

There's more, but I'm not writing a novel. Just don't trust Napoli Motors in Milford Ct.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

Only when I don't go there.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am very unhappy with my dealer-Melloy Nissan, Albuquerque, NM. My next Maxima will be purchased from another dealership. They've especially screwed me on warranty work. They never understand my complaints or "see" what I'm talking about (i.e. leaks in the drivers side headlight)-it's insulting.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM

not at all, the people there are trained to be aholes
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM

the one i went to sucked service was horrible
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM

Picking up first Maxima tonite. 2007 SE from Capital City Nissan in ATL. It was a no-trade cash sale so I hit rock bottom (or close to it) on the money. Sales guy treated me with respect. My standard rule is to NEVER go back to dealers unless the car needs warranty work.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Hmm looks like almost everyone has something nice to say about dealerships huh ... I may as well join the party.

Did you know it takes a "factory trained technician" 6 times to do an alignment that is almost entirely done by a computer. Then after the 6th time, did you know that the alignment isn't done right?

Did you know it takes 3 sets of struts, 1 set of springs and a tie bar to fix a noise? Did you know that after all these replacements, a tech has the nerve to still hear the noise and say, i guess that noise is normal?

Did you know that consumer affairs is changing its name to dealer affairs since their primary job is to defend dealerships?

I say we all write Mr. Ghosn a letter and tell him that all the good work he did restoring Nissan back to profitability has been blown to crap by factory training technicians. It seems their being trained in a toy factory.

DOWN WITH LEGEND NISSAN!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM

If in PA Never purchase from Concelli they are a bunch of crooks quick to sale me a max with nooo ype of deal , then when i came back with work needing to be done n one wanted to do anything, but when i finally left it and picked it up the next day nothing was done but my portable gps was lifted CROOKS worse business ever!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 AM

cherry hill nissan is pretty good. Parts dept. always gives me pretty good discounts.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM

Ditto with the complaint about Pinnacle in Scottsdale AZ... Awful place to deal with buying a car couldn't wait to get out of there and go elsewhere. The Ford dealer next door had warned me about them when they saw a Pinnacle newspaper ad in my car. They were right.

A year ago, traded my high mileage 1997 Maxima for a beautifully maintained 2001 at POWER Nissan in Tempe, AZ. LOVED dealing with them.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 AM

i wave a middle finger at them everytime I drive by them (Sutherlan Mall of GA Nissan).
Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 AM

Town Center Nissan has so far been on the ball with everything. they couldnt diagnose a strut bearing problem though, but Ill give them an A for effort. I did lower my car and am not one of those that expects Nissan to fix a problem that I did (even though I just changed struts and springs). The mounts from Nissan are **** and the endlinks are ****. I would recommend Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw, GA
Old 07-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Tell you what Reagal Nissan in Huntsville Alabama knows how to take care of their customers. I recommend them to everyone I know and when my wife is ready for another car we will be going back to them.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 AM

I bought my 04 SE in a private sale in NY. Currently in Pittsburgh for school and get services at #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills. No problems at all. They are pretty thorough and not expensive. When you go back to NY though, I think I may go to my private mechanic there - Nissan dealerships in Bklyn can be idiots are rip-offs at times.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 PM

my buddy works at the dealership so free lil maintenance for me (oil change, diagnostics, alignments, etc...)
Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM

My dealer was one I worked at for 2 years. Couldn't complain, free oil/ oil filters. Free service. Discount parts, all that jazz.
Even got my max with a huge discount.

Then I quit.
Then they sold Nissan and aren't a Nissan dealer anymore. No more discount parts for me!
I am not happy with them.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Been to a few here in the NY/NJ area and I haven't found any Dealership that we wouldn't call a "stealership". That being said we should really break down the stealer into the 2 part operation that they are.

A: Buying from the "stealer", odds are if they're shady on the front end the service isn't going to be any good later.
B: The service side of the stealer, this is a toss up sometimes depending on the service manager and how they make their people operate. I used to go to them all the time, but they've really gone down hill. They lied once too often and cost way too much over time. Only under duress do I go to get things done my local mechanic can't do because of the "computerized" crap.

I really don't care for the sales folk in many stealerships, they give you a hard time and try to rape you for everything they can get. And forget it if you're financing they then try to put a barrel over you and eat you alive. If you're not good at negotiating or didn't do your homework...its a stealer's dream.

While I think my max is great, the reality is the amount of crap that went wrong on this particular run has sworn me off from Nissans, especially since they won't do any recalls for stuff they know is wrong. Yet my friend keeps going back to them for more and he gets b*ned every time by them, and no my opinon of the stealer has gotten lower as I went around with him to get a new 08 Altima. Bad people. Very bad. Maybe its just that its a NY area kind of thing that they're dirt bags, I've been here all my life so I just deal with it, but I swear they're all a**holes.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 PM

Nissan 112 was OK but I'm not really fond of any of the dealers, no matter what brand of car.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 AM

pretty much, coz the salesperson is a close friend and classmate of my dad way back
b 4 i was born.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM

Around Chicago try Continental in Countryside. Always treated me right.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM

I'm not happy with my local Vero Beach, FL dealer but the one in Ft peirce is great and they are actually honest with decent prices.

My local one got smart with me when I asked about advancing my timings. Then they tried to charge me 155 bucks and lied straight to my face about how the procedure is done...

Nissan of Ft Peirce on the other hand have treated me well for the one time i went to them. 45 bucks for my timing advancement and they where actually honest and willing to work with me. Letting me talk to the head mechanic and not giving ridiculous prices on a task that takes no more than 5 mins to do.

I will never go to Nissan of Vero Beach again and will always take the 15 min. drive down to Nissan of Ft peirce if i'm ever in need of a nissan dealership.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:27 PM

five towns nissan in queens ny... suck... they give you these free oil changes for life and stuff but when you go for the oil change... you gotta wait like 5 hours just to get it done and a oil change takes like 5 mins... they really need to make their service where if some1 comes in for a oil change just get it done right away as if some one comes in for things that will take way longer... sheesh...
Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by A Flood99
i just like getting an opinion from mine every now and then

like them telling me at 90K to get a tranny flush.....but a day later i stroll in and buy 15 quarts of Nissan D-matic and save 100 bucks

do you have a flush machine?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 AM

coral springs nissan in south florida is the worst dealership I have ever been into. Service department is great, but the sales guys better not see me out.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM

for those of you that did have bad experiences, did they start asking about your mods first, then start giving you sh*t?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 PM

In NE Ohio, stop by North Olmsted Nissan. I purchased my wifes 07 Altima 2.5S new from them, and a year later, I bought my 07 Max SE (17K miles) from them. I was happy with both buying experiences. When I bought the Max, the owner of the dealership, Mike D'Amato, actually sat down with me to help me get where I needed to be pricewise. I've only used the Service dept a few times, and never had any problems with them, but my rule is only use the service dept. for recalls, or warranty work. Any other work I do myself.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:26 PM

I can't complain about mine (Gray Daniels Nissan North, Jackson, MS).

My 2003 SE has the in-dash navigation system. On a business trip to Panama City, FL, I had to change the CDs when I crossed into Alabama from Mississippi ( I hate the CD based nav system, but that's another story). When I changed the disk and closed the door, the door would not latch so it would not fit flush to the dash. I took it to a dealer in Panama City thinking that maybe it was a latch, hook or something relativley minor to get fixed. They told me that there was no eas fix and the hole thing (nav system) had to be replaced. At a cost of over $4K for the part - yikes!

I called Nissan North America for goodwill consideration since this was the 4th Nissan product I'd owned. They told me that they no longer gave goodwill at the corporate level. They advised me to go the dealer where I normally got my services done. Gray-Daniels has been servicing my Maximas since 1994 (my 1993 and 2003, in addition to a 1990 240 SX), so I've spent quite a dew dollars there. I contacted them and they didn't blink twice. They paid for everything (parts and labor) for a total of about $5M!

They could have blown me off and tried to pass the buck, but they took care of me. When I get ready for a new one, I'll shop these guys first.

Last edited by cleindian44; 04-26-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by SF04SE
coral springs nissan in south florida is the worst dealership I have ever been into. Service department is great, but the sales guys better not see me out.
That's too funny!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM

Atlantic Nissan in West Islip......great.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan suxs

In Tx, San Marcos Nissan & South point in Austin, Tx. They can suck an egg. Don't buy from them they make many promises but grant NONE! This MO FO say you can get this and that and the other and after you sign & the deal is done they are like "We don't know what your talking about" or they just pass the buck around and no one wants to do nothing. What a way to value your custumers Nissan. This is my 1st time buying from nissan, so far their service sucks. Eon L Thomas was our sales consultant and he turn out to be a lying SOB scum bag. Don't buy from him.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM

I went to the one here in Edmonton where all the car dealerships are with my uncle early this week (his Grand Prix was hit and written off). Have to say i was dissapointed with Nissan, it took a while for a guy to come and the guy that did come was sloppy looking and just said a few quick things about the Altima (2.5 is 4cyl, 3.5 is v6, thats about it) and that was it. wasnt impressed and like my uncle said, felt like we took too much of HIS time.

i just looked at the R35 GTR (which said DO NOT TOUCH yet a employee was leaning on it) and left. I dont like Honda's at all but the guy there was clean dressed in a suit, extremely nice, gave a hours worth of information and talked with me about his 6spd Nissan Sentra SE-R DD.

I think because it was holiday Monday Nissan was sloppy, ive gone on regular days and theyre awesome. gave me bad info once though (when i was repairing the rust on my 3rd gen, Nissan said the only paint they could get me is pens but GM could mix me the paint because of their paint facility. GM said wtf no and i ended up going to NAPA and getting the paint). the guy was nice though so whatever everyone makes mistakes, he gave me other good info

Last edited by chrome91; 10-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:43 PM

I took in my 95 max with 4 dinky hub caps on. I leave with 3, I dont notice till I get home, so I go back, they say, ' o ya its in back' then he comes out 'we mustv lost it, here well put on these 4 new ones' so they put on NISSAN ones that 3 are new, and 1 used, the used one is a Nissan defective one I can tell bc of the scratches are perfectly in a cirlce. Also I took it in there, they said 'well, we think we can fix it, but if we try, no guarrenty that it will work, and we may have to do more. But so far, your at $98 for us to tell you that, but if we work on it more, itll be $500-1200. WTF! Not to mension, every time I go in there, I am treated like a 3 year old because Im only 16. Dont trust MCCREA NISSAN in Eureka CA!

Last edited by cartman854; 01-14-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM

My suggestion: look for a dealership outside of the city centers. The downtown type of dealerships don't give you the personal attention, and they would like to think that you are just there for some scheduled service and that's it. This is true of any car make. Go 100 KM (60 miles) from a major city to a nice suburban dealership, and your luck might improve.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Torchcorvette
Picking up first Maxima tonite. 2007 SE from Capital City Nissan in ATL. It was a no-trade cash sale so I hit rock bottom (or close to it) on the money. Sales guy treated me with respect. My standard rule is to NEVER go back to dealers unless the car needs warranty work.
Update three years later. The 2007 Maxima has 63K on it. Two warranty items fixed at Nalley Nissan in Decatur GA. No problems. Phil Wolf is a stand up guy and their best service writer. Non warranty work (brakes, tires, etc ) done by quality local independent shops.
I liked the infrequent visits for warranty work, I went out a month ago and bought myself a new 2010 Rogue grocery-getter at Gwinnett Place Nissan outside Atlanta. They had the best pricing. Took it in for first oil change (freebie) and they installed the longer 15208-9E000 filter without my asking which is a big plus. They are the 3rd largest Nissan repair shop in the USA and found the time to be very courteous and professional. Here is hoping the Rogue quality is equal to the Maxima quality.
This is the first time in 52 years of buying cars that I have bought the same badge on back-to-back cars.

Quick Reply: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?