Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.
View Poll Results: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?
Yes
43.82%
No
56.18%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

You happy with your Nissan Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 07:55 PM

You happy with your Nissan Dealer?

You guys are happy with your nissan dealer? any bad or good experiences?

Im not happy at all, i hate all nissan dealers.... thats all!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nope, my dealer stinks!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:34 PM

Probably will never buy another Nissan due to dealership being a bunch of ******
Old 10-05-2004, 05:56 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I was a customer before I started working at the dealership earlier this year. My dealership is pretty good most of the time.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:45 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

all my dealer does is change my oil and swapped my broken tranny once under warraty. so far can't complain.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
imported_JIC_A33

i like my dealer

Old 10-11-2004, 07:48 PM

been to 4, they all have sucked.

Greg
Old 10-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I am quite pleased with my dealer/service. Car's been in probably 4 or 5 times for misc tsb's and warranty issues and I have no complaints.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:02 AM

all stealers are *******s and i hope they all burn in hell, we should buy cars directly from factory.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:05 AM
vqman

they all suck..I think I"m done with Nissan after this..I may swing over to Toyota..

Old 10-29-2004, 09:53 PM

I had a great dealer than they sold to another dealer in the area and turned to crap. Towne & Countree Nissan to Napleton Nissan - Schererville, IN Then found another one 2 miles from my office, they didn't know their *** from a hole in the ground. Hawkinson Nissan - Matteson, IL The dealer I have now is awsome, best i've ever been to. - Southlake Nissan in Merrillville, IN. Chris
Old 11-04-2004, 11:57 AM

The dealer I chose was my own fault. I blew off several dealers in order to bluff and get the best deal so I ended up with one I was suspicious about only to find out I had reason to be suspicious. My dealer told me sunroofs came standard with the 04 SL, which I knew they didn't but figured I would hold them to it and get a free $900 sunroof. They told me they were misinformed about the option and that was why I was able to get it so cheap. Then they told me I could get the exact color combination I wanted which at the last minute they told me they could only find the Blue/Black with features I specified (doesn't sound like much but I was set on the cafe late interior, looks real classy to me). Then they said the car would be in one day (had to ship it from Tenessee) and it didn't arrive until late the following day and the detailers had already left for the day so the car was FIL-THEEE and I had to drive a brand new dusty car off the lot. I graded them honestly and harshly on the Nissan evaluation and informed Nissan that the sales rep needed to educate himself on the standard features of the $30,000 cars they sell. Overall I'm very satisfied with the quality of the car that I bought but the dealer experience was, well, an experience.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Reported

No, nissan dealers are horrible. they would rip off their left arm to sell you a car. i remember the first i had to have work done, i pulled into a dealership i had never been to and 2 salesmen met me as i opened my door and said "looking to trade this bad boy in?" wow he was disappointed when i told him i need work done on it.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:40 PM

Can't say I'm too happy with mine.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:19 PM

Sorry to see all the horror stories about dealerships. I personally was a customer of my dealership, and so were my parents. The service manager knew me well enough that he wouldn't try to sell me work I could do myself, I handled my own TSBs by getting a printout from ASIST and getting my own supplies. When I entered as a tech, I experienced some real frustrated customers, but I took the time to explain what was being done, and showed clear parts that did need replacement or soon to be replaced, I have customers whom wait for hours just to make sure I get their car. The service advisors do their job to sell me the work, some customers even throw me a few dollars, to just fix whatever it needs. Some are so programmed to do servicing, they specifically ask for me to work on the vehicle. Some techs are sloppy, but I know better than that.
If you guys have problems at a dealership, you should call 1800NISSAN1 and complain about your experience. Sometimes we do have .org members come in and say I want this TSB done, but they don't realize their VIN ranges may not include that car, and my warranty officer comes down on me hard for doing a TSB on a car that didn't even need it. Recalls are different, sometimes we have no control over the part condition or may have some internal failure unforseen.
Well just my personal experience. Thats all.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:46 PM

I don't know about the sales guys at the dealership, but the mechanics are pure evil. In Ames, Iowa, I took my 99 in to check the coils, and the guy said they're fine, but then he kept saying "You know, if you want me to change them, I will, but they look ok to me." : He was just trying to get me to let him take more money from me. Then I go to pick up my car, and this cutsie little blonde behind the counter (who probably didn't know what an ignition coil is) handed me my bill for $125!! They just looked around the engine and drove it for 5 minutes! Argh!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:57 PM

yup no more nissan next car will be a lexus
oh yea the dealership that i went to was horribleeeeeeee
Old 11-18-2004, 10:29 PM

My First Nissan Dealership was a waste of land but they are under New OwnerShip which is really good now so they might fix their crap..

Other dealership has a great but expensive Repair shop.. They say they will fix it they will. They fix problems my other nissan dealer couldnt.

Proph
Old 11-21-2004, 08:08 PM

i just like getting an opinion from mine every now and then

like them telling me at 90K to get a tranny flush.....but a day later i stroll in and buy 15 quarts of Nissan D-matic and save 100 bucks
Old 11-26-2004, 11:00 AM

Theyr'e good for calling to answer questions, thats about it.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
6yrs old=36,500 miles :)

They wouldn't troubleshoot a steering problem I had because they said that I had modded my car with the headers and exhaust. WHAT THE HELL DOES AN EXHAUST HAVE TO DO WITH STEERING????? A$$ROLES
Old 12-06-2004, 08:14 AM

i hate nissen dealers see i cant even type when talking about them
aftermarket is the way to go
Old 12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

i wouldn't lease another Nissan from my dealer (Cook Imports, Farmington Hills, MI), but i'd still deal w/ my service dep't
Old 12-11-2004, 07:30 PM

I thought I would add my 2 cents, looks like I may be an oddity.
I have been very happy with my dealership. I have owned each brand of American made cars and have dealt with many dealerships.
A long time ago I had heard some good things about this one Nissan dealership and went to them to buy a maxima. The sales man was like any other, they don't represent Nissan, just themselves. But the service depart at Brasso Nissan is one of a kind. Free courtesy shuttles. Free courtesy vehicles. Wash and vacuum your car even if it just an oil change. They call you if they see anything out of the ordinary. Never have they charged more then their quote. All their prices are shown up on the wall for all their vehicles. They have always fixed any problem right, the first time.
I consider myself very lucky.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:21 AM

Well I am on the buble about this question. I usually go to Geis Nissan because I know them and I have not had any problems. But this time I took it to Bayyridge nissan and they fixed one problem but caused another.

So i like Geis Nissan
Hate Bayridge Nissan
Old 12-22-2004, 10:34 AM

I like my dealership pretty well. I generally deal with the owner, however. They've got my wife's 05 Altima a week or 2 after they came out with every option she wanted. Then, they got my Maxima after 6 months because they knew I wouldn't accept a car that had been beat to death. Very nice to deal with... on new cars and on used cars so long as you set your price up front...

Plus, when one of his buyers came back he asked him if he'd bothered to pop the hood of the newest used 350Z on the lot. The buyer truthfully told him he had not. The owner grinned and said "its all Nismo!" That's my kind of dealer.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Here is what I think of Superior NIssan of City of Industry, CA.

They are suing me for $200!!!! Wait til they get my countersuit for $5,000!!! Phuckers
Old 02-01-2005, 02:48 PM

The only reason I went in because my friend works at the local Nissan dealer and got me half off on labor. I had a molding reattached and the rear spoiler remounted. I also had a CEL diagnosed. the best answer they could give me on the CEL was they reset the ecu and it won't go back off. Few months later the molding came completely off and spoiler was came reattached the same place they fixed it. Went back and they told me too bad. Went to another Nissan dealer in the local area. I told them my situation and they did it for free and billed the other Nissan dealer.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Banned

It was a bit of a fight when I purchased my Maxima, but I got a good price. Since then I've been back to the dealer once, where they updated my ECU for free. No complaints, good service so far - I'd go back. Brown's Nissan in Fairfax, VA.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by nexus_7
been to 4, they all have sucked.
which one's?

IMO;

Hawkinson - OK

Kelly - pricey, but good work

So. Chicago - didn't like

Thomas - Never did work on my car, but i get 3 oil filters for $15

i ALWAYS took my sentra to certified auto on 83rd & pulaski. the brothers are ex-nissan techs and have great prices, do great work, and get you rolling again fast. & they use genuine nissan parts
Old 04-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Rob01ski

My Experience as a Maxima Polak also, is that Nissan dealerships very friendly to older white american only unless you have your lawyer call and have a talk with the owner or know a friend that works for corprate nissan otherwise they all ****en suck ***, great cars ****ty *** service oh yeah if you live in chicago land area do me a favor never buy from Woodfield Nissan they suck, took them a month to change my friends tranny on his 03 also took them 3 weeks to change the motor on my friends 02 <---- which they tried blameing him for cause he had slotted rotors so they said he had to have other upgrades, from my experience nissan dealerships are friendly when the owner is an american.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Ames Nissan screwed me once again. 480 bucks for an airbag! I still need to get motor mounts fixed and find out what that weird rattling sound near my wheels is.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rob01ski
My Experience as a Maxima Polak also, is that Nissan dealerships very friendly to older white american only unless you have your lawyer call and have a talk with the owner or know a friend that works for corprate nissan otherwise they all ****en suck ***, great cars ****ty *** service oh yeah if you live in chicago land area do me a favor never buy from Woodfield Nissan they suck, took them a month to change my friends tranny on his 03 also took them 3 weeks to change the motor on my friends 02 <---- which they tried blameing him for cause he had slotted rotors so they said he had to have other upgrades, from my experience nissan dealerships are friendly when the owner is an american.
Star Nissan seem to take care of me pretty good
when my 00 blew the auto tranny, they warrantied and ordered it same day(power train warranty), got a phone call 4 days alter tranny came in, dropped off in the morning and picked up at night, car was ready
Old 04-22-2005, 09:15 AM

i dont like my dealer. I only had to deal with the once luckily.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:46 PM

Here's the thank you letter I just sent to my dealer:

I just wanted to take a minute to share how satisfied I am having purchased a 2005 Maxima SL from you last week. Though I look forward to expressing same in the Nissan customer satisfaction survey I’ll soon receive, I nonetheless felt compelled to write.

As a 25-year IBM sales veteran and current executive, I buy the way I sell – considering more than just the lowest price, valuing service and support, and appreciating how fair business dealings lead to long-term relationships and repeat business. After researching cars for almost three months and deciding on the Maxima, a couple of weeks ago I faxed my interest in purchasing one to almost a dozen Nissan dealers in the central New Jersey area. I was quite specific, pointing out the exact configuration I was looking for and pronouncing myself ready to buy immediately. Having never owned a Nissan, I had no bias other than distance. As a resident of Gillette, my preference – assuming everything else being close to equal – would have been to buy from the dealer closest to my home. However, not all of course was equal. First off, some of the dealers eliminated themselves by their lack of timely response. Others refused to quote me a true “out-the-door” price in writing. And some who did padded their cost with items I didn’t request or want but they touted as “non-negotiable.” I found it somewhat ironic that the area’s only dealerships with totally clean records with both the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau of NJ – yours and another of equal distance from my home -- were the two who were offering both competitive out-the-door prices in writing and treated me in a professional way. In the end, I chose Somerset Nissan because of three things: One, your complimentary loaner car program for appropriate scheduled maintenance; Two, the warm and “small-town” atmosphere of your store; and lastly, Erik Scholp.

I must commend you on the effort Erik demonstrated to earn my business. From my first contact, he was professional, courteous and responsive. I had some concerns around my preferred configuration, and Erik impressed me by going the extra mile to fax me the specific answers right from the factory ordering system. Upon meeting him, I found him to be personable, attentive and, candidly, an excellent salesman. He was direct, knowledgeable, asked good questions and listened well. Everything he did was in a non-abrasive and above-board manner. It was my pleasure to buy from Erik. And I hope to again.

I feel fortunate to have ultimately found you folks. Thank you for making this buying experience such a good one. I look forward to being a customer for many years to come, and a strong referral for you.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

Gardena Nissan, Gardena California, way cool people, thanks Al for always hookin me up.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought my Maxima used, so I have no experience with Nissan dealerships on the buying side. Unfortunately, on the service side my experiences so far have been fairly negative. In fact, my lack of trust in what the service people are telling me at the local dealership is what motivated me to do the research that ultimately led me to this website.

So now I'm looking for a local mechanic.

Chucka......
Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 AM

Well, I got a pretty decent deal from a friend dealer. So I am pretty happy.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in the Washington DC Area. This is my first and last 2004 Maxima SE I'm going back to BMW or Acura after this car. I have driven Bimmers since 1971 and I am totally fed up with bull**** Nissan.

The dealerships in DC suck and the company does not support its warranty programs. Parts are impossible to get, and the wait is a mucking joke after they have your money. This is a horrible company that should have gone out of business a few years back, and now I know why.

They have strut problems, sunroof design problems, service technicians that don't know their asses from a whole in the ground, cheap interior parts that squeak, recall issues and kit that don't work, squeaking glove boxes and rear decks...and the bull**** list goes on and on....for their flagship car it should be sunk. Bose CD stereo's that fail, I'm now on my third. They know about this problem and will not admit their is a problem.

The dealership I found that knows its stuff up and down for these cars is Brown's Nissan in Fairfax, Va. This is the top shop in my opinion, they know the problems and fixed all of them 1-2-3. I put up with the others for three years of total bullcrap and scapgoating. Here are the dealerships to avoid at all costs and this was actually supported, after I found Browns, by my Rep at coporate on the QT!

The WORST List in the DC Area.

Victory formerly Rosenthal Nissan in Gaithersburg....this goes for all Rosenthal Nissan Shops to include Northern Virginia. Their service sucks and their Service Managers are total ******. Nuff said.

Antwerpen in Columbia, Md....lousy service...best pricing on these cars in the area. Their top Mechanic is a **** with an attitude and does not give **** about your car. After installing a window gasket wrong his response was
"I a Nissan man not a Mercedes!" I owned the car new for two weeks and this what I get?

DAR CARS Nissan in Rockville.....terrible service and they don't know service warranty and will attempt to charge for items covered under warranty. Did my major inspection and charged for the new air filter and never put one in the car!!! Thiefs and well known for it. Good for oil change and thats about it.

VOB "Volkswagon of Bethesda" Nissan.....right up with Victory...horrible.

Best:

Brown's Nissan in Fairfax....A dream come true. A dealership that takes pride in it's work. They don't let corporate boss them around, they fix it and get the job done. Excellent customer service, they clean, polish and vacumn the car when returned, whether an oil change or major service! Their service Manager Scott is knowledgable, smart and has a get the job done attitude, no matter what the car needs. Knows all service campaigns and they do these whether the update is needed or not. It's done!

This is the only dealersip to go to...now my car is a dream but the bad experiences will take a long time to wear off. No, I don't even work for Nissan either. If I did I'd fire most of them and start over using Brown's as the benchmark for all the others dealerships!!!

Treat the above as fact, you'll thank me later here!!
Old 09-25-2005, 06:00 AM

Jerry Rome Nissan - Great Dealer

People in western mass should try Jerry Rome Nissan in West Springfield, MA

They have long time employees, service advisor really care about the customer. They have a couple Nissan Master techs, and they really care about fixing your car right.

Check them out at www.jerryromenissan.com

Quick Reply: You happy with your Nissan Dealer?