Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

ImportPartsPlus.com is bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Cloud

Called Import Parts Plus to confirm their PIAA bulbs were a drop in replacement for stock. Talked to Sales Mgr. (William) who confirmed they would work. Ordered headlights and fog lights for my SE and paid with CC. Bulbs arrived, I opened the package to discover they had the wrong mount base. Called Import Parts Plus and was told they would not accept a return because the package had been opened. Unbelievable, now I'm stuck with >$100 worth of bulbs. Beware of Import Parts Plus.

Old 04-28-2001, 02:03 PM
Cloud

The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

That's absurd. My owner's manual doesn't cross reference the available PIAA upgrade/replacement bulbs. That's why I asked you before I ordered them.

I specifically asked you if the bulbs you had were a match for the application (Maxima SE). You assured me they were. They are not. You shipped the wrong parts, it was your error. You're telling me that your policy prohibits returns. If these bulbs fit my Maxima I wouldn't want to return them.

If you want to run your business like this then your customers deserve to know that you don't stand behind your service or your word.
----- Original Message -----
To: Cloud
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: Your Reputation Is at Stake

Cloud,
Our policy states that we do not allow returns on opened merchandise, customers should check the manuals on their cars to assure that they are ordering the correct product. We apologize that there was an issue, but it is out of our hands once you have opened the package.

Old 04-28-2001, 05:03 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

In the owners manual it specifys H3 for fogs and 9004 for headlights. You obviously did not look very well.

I do know William at IMPP, and let me tell you he is a good guy. He would not screw anyone. He is here to run a business. He sent you H3 for your fogs, and that will FIT in your fog light housing, you must not know how to install them right obviously. It is not HIS problem that you didn't know what bulbs your car takes. He doens't keep records what cars take what. It's your RESPONSIBLILTY to order the correct bulb from him and you should have researched it first. Basically I think you should have kept this quiet and not made a scene like you just did.

Everyone, I have known William for a good while now, he won't screw you, he won't goof up. Just make sure you know what bulbs, or whatever your car takes before ordering from any company. MOST do not know what your car takes, do not RELY on the company to know this.

You ordered H4, you ordered the wrong bulb for your lights, your bulb you need is 9004 for a 4th gen...research first.

Originally posted by Cloud
That's absurd. My owner's manual doesn't cross reference the available PIAA upgrade/replacement bulbs. That's why I asked you before I ordered them.

I specifically asked you if the bulbs you had were a match for the application (Maxima SE). You assured me they were. They are not. You shipped the wrong parts, it was your error. You're telling me that your policy prohibits returns. If these bulbs fit my Maxima I wouldn't want to return them.

If you want to run your business like this then your customers deserve to know that you don't stand behind your service or your word.

Cloud,
Our policy states that we do not allow returns on opened merchandise, customers should check the manuals on their cars to assure that they are ordering the correct product. We apologize that there was an issue, but it is out of our hands once you have opened the package.

Old 04-29-2001, 12:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

I agree with Russ ... I've spoken 2 William on a # of occasions .. he is a genuinely friendly & helpful guy ... u should have performed your own DD b4 u ordered ...

Cloud,
Old 04-29-2001, 02:25 PM
Cloud

Re: Re: The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

When I am assured by the supplier, before the sale, that the product I'm about to purchase is a match I take them at their word. You are correct, research first, which is why I asked William if he had a match. I hope you do enough business with Import Parts Plus to keep them in business. People like me who depend on a supplier to understand his products will not be repeat customers. Since then I went to a different import parts dealer and asked if they had bulbs to mount in my SE. They referenced the part on their chart and shipped the exact bulbs I needed. You may have some good experience with IMPP; that's great. I didn't and I want to let others know that you can't count on them to take any steps to rectify. BTW spare the insults will you please, the new bulbs are installed and work great. Your attitude is exactly the same that is demonstrated by IMPP.

Also, if you're a good friend of IMPP and do business with them regularly how is it they don't know what PIAA bulbs to ship Maxima owners?

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
In the owners manual it specifys H3 for fogs and 9004 for headlights. You obviously did not look very well.

I do know William at IMPP, and let me tell you he is a good guy. He would not screw anyone. He is here to run a business. He sent you H3 for your fogs, and that will FIT in your fog light housing, you must not know how to install them right obviously. It is not HIS problem that you didn't know what bulbs your car takes. He doens't keep records what cars take what. It's your RESPONSIBLILTY to order the correct bulb from him and you should have researched it first. Basically I think you should have kept this quiet and not made a scene like you just did.

Everyone, I have known William for a good while now, he won't screw you, he won't goof up. Just make sure you know what bulbs, or whatever your car takes before ordering from any company. MOST do not know what your car takes, do not RELY on the company to know this.

You ordered H4, you ordered the wrong bulb for your lights, your bulb you need is 9004 for a 4th gen...research first.

Old 04-29-2001, 02:54 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

Well *snip and snip*. Oh my bad, no insults for your virgin ears... Let me explain something to you. As we both said and others will agree. It is not IMPP to have a DAM list of all cars and what they take for bulbs. When you call up, you ask, yeah I would like to get some bulbs for my Maxima, most of the time they ask, what # bulb, oh yeah, 9004, h3. Okay we will get those out to you. Every place I order stuff always asks this. It is your problem and your fault you did not have a good relation with him. The company has done some AWESOME group deals, (for example over 120+ orders for SMC short shifters a long time ago), and many many other items. Oh well, too bad you don't need to do business with him anymore, personally he won't be hurt without your business, he gets plenty other business to survive, and is one of the main companies on the net for performance parts on alot of club websites... Spare the insults? Really, I didn't see any insults in my message. Seems to me you insulted William's business....

When I am assured by the supplier, before the sale, that the product I'm about to purchase is a match I take them at their word. You are correct, research first, which is why I asked William if he had a match. I hope you do enough business with Import Parts Plus to keep them in business. People like me who depend on a supplier to understand his products will not be repeat customers. Since then I went to a different import parts dealer and asked if they had bulbs to mount in my SE. They referenced the part on their chart and shipped the exact bulbs I needed. You may have some good experience with IMPP; that's great. I didn't and I want to let others know that you can't count on them to take any steps to rectify. BTW spare the insults will you please, the new bulbs are installed and work great. Your attitude is exactly the same that is demonstrated by IMPP.

Also, if you're a good friend of IMPP and do business with them regularly how is it they don't know what PIAA bulbs to ship Maxima owners?

Old 04-29-2001, 05:41 PM
Cloud

Re: Re: Re: Re: The response from ImportPartsPlus.com

Russ; the fact remains that I didn't specify parts when seeking to get bulbs from Import Parts Plus, I asked them what I should have. What THEY specified was wrong and they won't correct it. I'm glad you've good experiences with them; I didn't. I've had good results from many suppliers in the eight+ years I've owned 5spd MAX-SEs. Among them:

Cattman - SS Y-pipe

MaxRev Motorsports - Curtis at MaxRev went the extra mile to design, fabricate and install custom Wilwood Brakes on my 99; ditto for his custom Cold Air Intake

Stillen - Front and Rear Strut tower braces / HD Clutch / sway bar / SS catback package / HP Ignition / Eibachs & Tokicos + work done at their shop was quick and good

Discount Tire - researched for me and assured me that 245x45xZR18s would fit without problem which they do. Also, when they were installing my new Dunlops onto the 18x8.5 Fitipaldi rims none of them passed the road force test. Discount Tire didn't miss a beat, they ordered up a set of Michelin Pilot Sports and didn't charge me for the higher cost of the Michelins. While I'm at it the Michelins stick like glue and wear great.

Yeah I've had good experiences Russ. Still, this is the first time I've had a dealer recommend a part and then refuse to make good on their mistake. Stillen shipped me the wrong part on two occasions. The way I found out it was wrong was when I took it out of the box. No problem, they took it back and got me the right part.

According to your account Import Parts Plus has enjoyed great success. I'm sure it WAS for a reason. They screwed up this time and apparently are counting on all their other customers for their future success. That's probably why they feel they can afford to refuse responsibility for their error. After your impassioned defense of Import Parts Plus I'm sure you'll get a good deal when you upgrade something besides your corner lenses.

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
Well *snip and snip*. Oh my bad, no insults for your virgin ears... Let me explain something to you. As we both said and others will agree. It is not IMPP to have a DAM list of all cars and what they take for bulbs. When you call up, you ask, yeah I would like to get some bulbs for my Maxima, most of the time they ask, what # bulb, oh yeah, 9004, h3. Okay we will get those out to you. Every place I order stuff always asks this. It is your problem and your fault you did not have a good relation with him. The company has done some AWESOME group deals, (for example over 120+ orders for SMC short shifters a long time ago), and many many other items. Oh well, too bad you don't need to do business with him anymore, personally he won't be hurt without your business, he gets plenty other business to survive, and is one of the main companies on the net for performance parts on alot of club websites... Spare the insults? Really, I didn't see any insults in my message. Seems to me you insulted William's business....

Old 04-30-2001, 07:47 AM

kinda funny how people are yellin at 'cloud'
simple facts are that 1) the guy told him it would work..and 2) that it in fact does NOT work
very simply i dont see how you can shift the blame from the person who had supplied inaccurate information, to the guy that got screwed

i guess anytime that someone gives you incorrect information at a store or anything and you can't get a refund you'd have to blame yourself.. since it seems youre a car enthusiast i guess you think its 'common knowledge' to know exactly what # bulb your car has, but not everyone is a big shot like you that's why... he... _-->ASKED<--_..
take a field that you're not that into (for example say computers), and you go to CompUsa and ask 'hey will XXXXXX work with my computer?' and the guy assures you yes.. you go home..and find out it wont work, you go to return it, but get turned away since you opened it...yea im sure youre gonna blame yourself

sorry for the long post... irresponsible people **** me off
very ironic how people are defending the screwER not the screwEE, even more funny is how 'Russ2KSE' talks like he's even remotely justified in givin 'cloud' ****