Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Experiences with Warpspeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:47 AM

Experiences with Warpspeed

Looking for opinions on Warpspeed. I just ordered a y-pipe and cat last week, they took my credit card number, told me it would ship on Friday, 6/1/07 and that I would get a tracking number sent to me via email. I haven't received any tracking number, so I called them this week and asked for a status. The same lady answered and said that Dallas got something in his eye and is a little behind schedule. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to feel that I'm getting the run around. Any opinions???
Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 AM

get on there

Keep callin them u payed so hell they should be givin u answers thanx for the heads up was thinkin bout ordering from there..... keep us updated
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 AM

i havent had first hand experience myself, but they do seem pretty reliable and this isn't the first time dallas has become behind, i would advise calling again and just getting more details so you're more confident, good luck!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
VK56 Inside

They are pretty reliable, but at the same time they have their moments.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

lol I literally just got off the phone with the lady at Warpspeed when I saw this thread...

I wanted to order the $590 complete 2 1/2" system with the y-pipe and full cat, but some guy in the background said they didn't have enough piping to complete it and then the chick said it would be about 2 or 3 weeks to even order it.

So that should shed some light in on your order, hopefully yours was the last one before they ran out of the piping...otherwise it'll be awhile before you get your stuff.

I still want to get their complete system so I'm just gonna play the waiting game and give them a call back in a couple weeks to see if they have it yet.

Good luck
Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
<3's the all motor section

Originally Posted by jobell
Looking for opinions on Warpspeed. I just ordered a y-pipe and cat last week, they took my credit card number, told me it would ship on Friday, 6/1/07 and that I would get a tracking number sent to me via email. I haven't received any tracking number, so I called them this week and asked for a status. The same lady answered and said that Dallas got something in his eye and is a little behind schedule. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to feel that I'm getting the run around. Any opinions???

thats like 6 days ago...i would relax a bit. it will go out i hope.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:56 AM

When I ordered my Y-pipe from them over two years ago, I had no problems at all. They shipped it right away and it came to my doorstep in one piece. It seems they have been dropping the ball a bit lately.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 AM

Well, I think I spoke a little too soon. No sooner I posted my question, I went home from work, checked my email and there was a message from Warpspeed with my FedEx tracking number. I should be getting it next Tuesday.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dubbya
They are pretty reliable, but at the same time they have their moments.
Ive never had a problem with them, but I know sometimes stuff happens. Keep in mind that WSP's labor is pretty much done all by Dallas himself, so if he's injured from getting something in his eye, everything is gonna get delayed.

-I got a ypipe from them 2 yrs ago, perfect
-Test pipe this last x-mas, got it the same week
-Q' Clone catback in spring break, shipping was delayed about 3 days after they told they'd ship. But I knew it was because Dallas was working on a jig to start up SFC production again at the same time that I ordered the catback, so I wasnt surprised/ bothered by it.
- Just today I ordered my set of stage 1 SFCs . Lets see how it goes.

Overall I love working with them, and their products. You just have to understand that the labor is pretty much done by one guy, so delays not to be surprising.

Pretty much narrows down to....
Would you want to get it fast but a 1/2 a$$ job? or a job done right that you had to wait some extra time?

EDIT- I just got the trackin # for the SFCs, so so far Ive got nothing but good things to say about them
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

keep us updated on the sfcs... what did they cost with shipping?

and i got my y-pipe and cat in about a week, no complaints.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Dallas told me he was gonna set stage1 at $175 plus shipping ($35 to ship from their neck of the woods to Miami). But if you were a returning customer like myself he'd knock off $25 from the price, so I paid $150+$35ship= $185 shipped.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM

Ok, I just got my car back after having the Warpspeed Y-pipe and hi-flow cat installed. O..... MY...... GOD!!!!!!! It's like a new car!!!! More power on the top end and now it's fun to drive again!! I think the old pre-cats and the old main cat may have gotten clogged. Now that I only have one cat, there's less restriction. If you're gonna do it, get it thru Warpspeed.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by jobell
Ok, I just got my car back after having the Warpspeed Y-pipe and hi-flow cat installed. O..... MY...... GOD!!!!!!! It's like a new car!!!! More power on the top end and now it's fun to drive again!! I think the old pre-cats and the old main cat may have gotten clogged. Now that I only have one cat, there's less restriction. If you're gonna do it, get it thru Warpspeed.
what type of muffler do you have?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 AM

I still have the stock exhaust system behind the new cat. Trying to keep costs down. By the way, I was reading some articles in this forum about cars failing emission tests with after market cats. I hope I didn't open a can of worms by replacing my y-pipe and cat. I'm in SE PA. Anybody in the area have a problem with emissions running an after market y-pipe and cat???
Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Cheesing away...

When I bought my y pipe from them a few years ago I had no problems. I ordered it on Friday and I'm pretty sure they sent it out the next monday.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:29 PM

same here

I ordered a Y-pipe from them a couple years ago. The lady on the phone was very nice, gave me the Maxima.org discount, and I received it a few days later. Fit perfectly and installed with no issues.

Their pipe supplier probably dropped the ball or had some shipping trouble, anything could've happened. Can't really blame Warpspeed.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:57 PM

I had a pipe on order at the same time. I was told that the machine shop forgot to cut the gasket groove in the flanges, that delayed it a few weeks. Once they shipped it was here in a day.

Jobell-did you have any problems with the rear O2 sensor hole? On mine I had to remove the axle carrier bearing bracket to install the sensor.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
retired moderator

because there aren't 40 other threads on this topic already
Old 07-22-2007, 01:25 AM

And the point to your reply is? A pertinent reply or keeping sarcastic comments to one's self would be nice. At least that is what one would hope to expect from a "senior" member of the org.