Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Tire Kingdom Good experience.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:36 AM

Tire Kingdom Good experience.

I get my slignments done there, and I just had them put my brakes, lines and new wheels/tires on my car.
Im pretty happy with the work they did, plus they guy that worked on my car is a 240 owner. He would let me walk in the shop to check over the work he was doing and how the brake lines I got fit perfect.

Overall good experience.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 AM
wants an I35

the two of them around me are ****ing morons. ive learned my lesson now after three major mistakes

i go to tiresplus for my tire balancing/alignment needs.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Much depends on the local shop and the management. I had a very bad experience with an NTB (affiliated with Tire Kingdom) in San Antonio. I spent nearly $900 on a set of high-end tires and an alignment. When they couldn't get the alignment and balance right (after 3 visits to the shop), I asked for an exhange or refund under their advertised "30-day ride guarantee". The manager became combative, refused to exchange the tires, and told me that I had a problem with the car. I reported the situation to Tire Kingdom's HQ, they were sympathetic, but offered no help. In fact, nobody at the HQ could even explain the "30-day ride guaranty". I ended up going around them and working with the tire manufacturer...they gave me full credit toward another another set of tires (any brand i wanted), from another retailer.

I ended up purchasing a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S from Discount Tire and have had no balancing issues, whatsoever. Concerning the alignment, I took the car to the dealer and learned that the alignment was off...so either the tech at NTB didn't know what he was doing, or he aligned it to the wrong spec. Bottom line is that the car now rides and tracks perfectly...I would never do business with any NTB or their affiliates (Tire Kingdom) again.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 AM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by ROCKART
the two of them around me are ****ing morons. ive learned my lesson now after three major mistakes

i go to tiresplus for my tire balancing/alignment needs.
yea i had similar problems, both with alignment and balancing

first with alignment. i paid 35 dollars for it.

the guy puts my car up on the lift tracks and proceeds to lock the steering wheel with his holder that sits on the drivers seat - except he didnt put the wheel straight when he did it. i pointed it out to him while he was in the middle of everything, but he said dont worry about it. i said "wont that make the wheel be off center when im trying to drive straight". he said it wouldnt matter.
so i drive the car and guess what, when im going straight the wheel is cocked a good 10 degrees.
i brought it back to have it redone and made sure the wheel was even before he started.

then
initially, when i popped 2 of my 15inch sumitomos at the same time, i brought it in for a patch. first they tried to charge me 45 dollars per patch - i laughed at the cashier. so i talked one of the techs down to 20 a piece (which is still high) and he agreed. he patches the tires, i drive out of the parking lot 50 feet and one of them goes flat. i brought it back and had it redone.

then, when they did that patch, they removed the wheel weights for some reason. so i watched the guy rebalance them before he put them back on. a couple of days later im driving on the highway and the steering wheel is shaking. i brought it back AGAIN, two days after the patching incident, and told them they didnt balance them correctly. they guy argued with me, trying to tell me i had a flat spot on my tire. i said "just put them on the machine and well see"
low and behold, the moron didnt balance them correctly. he did it again and i drove away. he STILL didnt balance it ****ing correctly, but it was better. i wasnt about to go back.

never again. in fact, i go out of my way to make sure they dont get business from anyone i know.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ROCKART

never again. in fact, i go out of my way to make sure they dont get business from anyone i know.
Same here...they're absolutely terrible
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 AM
wants an I35

by the way, the worst one of them, the one im talking about up top, is on Linton Blvd and Dixie Highway in Delray Beach.

the equally ****ty one is in boca, near the towne center mall.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 PM

tire kingdom? that implies there is a tire "king"