Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Negative Feedback for umnitza

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Doggah Bite...

*** BUYERS BEWARE***

These are the shadiest people around to deal with. I have been going back and forth with them, jumping through their hoops after they sent me the wrong parts, and this is what I get in my last response email;

"The bulb's printing is incorrect. They are 50W bulbs. We do not order anything but 50W bulbs."

THE VERY FIRST POST IN THE THREAD BELOW TALKS ABOUT 35W KITS!!!!!!!
http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...ot-analog.html

Both of the 9007 bulbs I got from them have "35w 12vdc" printed on back of them, and these people are telling methat they are printed wrong. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY HAVE NOT TOLD ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND NOT GIVEN ME THE RUNAROUND? Because they are making up excuses as we go along - that's why. THEY screwed up, THEY gave and sent me the wrong parts, and THEY should be the ones to fix it...

These people are unbelievable, and I am disputing the charge with my creditcard and getting my money back. Not only are the bulbs of the same kelvin different colors, but they gave me the wrong parts as well...
Originally Posted by umnitza
sure, let's see the output on the wall via email and we'll go from there
I have been sending emials and getting no response - both kits I got were supposed to be 55w kits, and the bulbs for te headlights have a very clear label on the back of the which reads, "35w/12vdc".

Communication is starting to SUCK after sale...

Last edited by phenryiv1; 04-07-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: merged
Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Please take it easy...
Did you hit CONTACT US on the site? Spam filters are very strong these days and your messages may be getting deleted by the spam filter.
Please hit Contact us and send us your purchase receipt, name, and a photo of the parts you have so we can better assist you.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Doggah Bite...

Please take it easy...
Did you hit CONTACT US on the site? Spam filters are very strong these days and your messages may be getting deleted by the spam filter.
Please hit Contact us and send us your purchase receipt, name, and a photo of the parts you have so we can better assist you.
Bull**** - I have been going back and forth in email with you people since I bought both of my kits. I am replying back to the same emails you have been sending me - spam filters do not randomly trash emails, either all of mine or none of mine would come through.

All of the information is contained in my reply emails - why do you need a purchase receipt when I just bought these a week or so ago, and from this VERY FORUM? There is no need for me to waste my time swapping bulbs and taking pictures of output when I PAYED for 55w kits, and you SENT me 35w bulbs...

If it ever gets that far, I suppose I will be expected to take all this **** back off my car, send i what is wrong, wait a week or so for you all to make up your minds on what to do, and hopefully get the correct items back eventually - all while you people have my money and I don't have the lights I paid for.

*** BUYERS BEWARE***

Last edited by DanNY; 04-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MadMaxSE-L

These people are unbelievable, and I am disputing the charge with my creditcard and getting my money back. Not only are the bulbs of the same kelvin different colors, but they gave me the wrong parts as well...
You get as much as you give. When you call into our offices and swear at my employees, scream and yell, stamp your feet, and basically act like a spoiled child it makes it hard for us to explain to you yet again what was explained earlier.

The likely situation of why your colors are different on the bulbs is that you have 2 different housings. We've asked you to send back the bulbs to verify that there hasn't been a color shift after install. If you do not do this, we cannot continue to help you.

Again, all our bulbs are 50W bulbs. That's it. That's all. If it wasn't it wouldn't be in writing on our email to you nor as an admission on the site (various sites at that). Our recent vendor screwed up and put stickers on our bulbs that were 35W, though they are not, they are 50W per spec.

Tim has offered to talk to you again under 2 conditions, you act professionally, and you work with us logically without emotion. If you cannot do this, we cannot help you.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Also, to further clarify, the only differences in the kit and prices are the ballasts, all the 35W people get better quality 50W bulbs but the ballasts remain 35W.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Doggah Bite...

Also, to further clarify, the only differences in the kit and prices are the ballasts, all the 35W people get better quality 50W bulbs but the ballasts remain 35W.
Then why do my bulbs say 35w on them when I paid for a 55w kit Your email stated that you don't even SELL 35w bulbs, and yet somehow I managed to get 2 of them from you...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

You get as much as you give. When you call into our offices and swear at my employees, scream and yell, stamp your feet, and basically act like a spoiled child it makes it hard for us to explain to you yet again what was explained earlier.

The likely situation of why your colors are different on the bulbs is that you have 2 different housings. We've asked you to send back the bulbs to verify that there hasn't been a color shift after install. If you do not do this, we cannot continue to help you.

Again, all our bulbs are 50W bulbs. That's it. That's all. If it wasn't it wouldn't be in writing on our email to you nor as an admission on the site (various sites at that). Our recent vendor screwed up and put stickers on our bulbs that were 35W, though they are not, they are 50W per spec.

Tim has offered to talk to you again under 2 conditions, you act professionally, and you work with us logically without emotion. If you cannot do this, we cannot help you.
Originally Posted by MadMaxSE-L
Then why do my bulbs say 35w on them when I paid for a 55w kit Your email stated that you don't even SELL 35w bulbs, and yet somehow I managed to get 2 of them from you...
Read above.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Read above.
Okay, I am now moderating this situation.

Umnitza-
What is your suggested recourse or remedy? I know how I feel that it should be resolved, but I want to hear your proposition first.

MadMax- let Umnitza reply.

I call the shots in this one. Any direct bickering will be dealt with harshly.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
The Whistle go WOOOOO

wow... Thanks for the heads up. I am very interested to see how this ends up. I was actually planning on buying bulbs from these guys. The outcome of this will strongly influence my decision. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM

Out of curiousity, is there a way to test the bulb to see which one it is 35W or 55W. Like a meter or something?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Summary:

Umnitza sent mis-labelled parts to a buyer and wants the parts back before he sends a replacement. Umnitza or their suppliers made a mistake. Don't put the responsibility on the buyer. Send him the right parts- parts that can be confirmed to be right- and pay to have the wrong ones shipped back. It is the cost of doing business. If he has to pass the cost back onto the supplier, that is not the buyer's fault, and the buyer should not be left holding the bag.

Now, if the buyer gets new (properly-labelled) bulbs and the problem persists, then it is either bad install or a bad ballast. Deal with that possibuility on its own. But my solution removes one factor from the equation.

Last edited by phenryiv1; 04-08-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Cleanup
Old 04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Madmax...i initially wanted to delete the posts but i rather give the members your unbiased feedback by moving your posts here on a new thread instead of deleting it. so your orig complaint is here in this thread.

I believe we have worked out an agreement yesterday between you and the vendor. Please respond back to my PM so we can get everything rolling for you.

For the others...please do not add to this thread unless you are interested in buying or already purchased a product.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM

i'd never discredit a long standing org member (and am not doing so now). I comment here as a past buyer-umnitza did a great job in communicating via email/forums and on the phone. Product quality, shipping and overall experience are top quality. hope this gets resolved and maxmax gets his lights because their stuff is great. GL MaxMax!!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM

I have purchased from Umnitza for my retro, and there was a complication - they sent 6000k bulbs and I wanted 4300k. He paid to have them shipped back to him and sent out the correct parts.

It did take a while, but I did eventually get the correct parts.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Doggah Bite...

I can understand getting the wrong parts - when you do alot of business, sometimes screw ups get made - getting the wrong parts didn't even upset me in the slightest. But man-up, take responsibility and fix the problem without putting the buyer through any hassle - its not that difficult. Trying to run me through all kinds of BS to avoid responsibility is what upset me.

However this turns out, my opinion of Umnitza will not change - the only reason this got anywhere is because the mods got involved, and that is CRAP business ethic. I am not bashing the entire company - they make/sell a quality product and have lightning fast shipping; but when it comes to fixing a problem that THEY are responsible for, well; you all know where I stand...

I never called your offices in the first place - where did that come from??? ALL of our correspondence has been through email. I never acted like a spoiled child - I have acted like an upset customer...

You also never asked me to send back the bulbs either - until a day or so when the mods got involved - you kept trying to get me to swap bulbs around in my car, take pictures, send stuff back AT MY EXPENSE! Why would I spend another dime of my money to get something I have already paid for once?

And finally, if it was your vendor that screwed up, then ultimately it is still YOUR responsibility as a company to fix the problem. YOU sent out the wrong product, so YOU are the one who should fix it.

Last edited by MadMaxSE-L; 04-08-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 PM

not the first time i hear bad things.... go on bimmer fourms
Old 04-09-2009, 07:10 PM

i bought from em and it came in time and worked perfect........ 8000K 9005 kit
Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM
The Whistle go WOOOOO

update?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
The Whistle go WOOOOO

Edit.....

Deleted

Last edited by Weeble1; 04-16-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM

i just ordered a set of h3 3k fogs 35w analog because i was happy with the price and the quality in the previous ones i had bought. I hope that they didn't change the quality from since i bought them.

I was one of the first people to jump on the $50 sets. I actually bought 3 sets of hid's from him. $100 slim digital ballast (its on my motorcycle), set of 5k h7 (on my cefiro's) and a set of h1's (but my brother hasnt installed them yet). I had asked if the digital ballasts were water-proof and they were. Both the motorcycle and the ones in my car have been working for over 5-6 months now. However, i am using a harness $15 from umnitza for the $50 set. The digital wasn't needed as it has a much lower start-up wattage and overall will not burn the wiring harness since its a digital ballast. Maybe thats why mine still works, because i have the wiring harness on the analog.

I was afraid that they would have blown and were bad quality at first, but the price was so cheap i couldn't justify spending another $100-$200 on hid's when these are almost as cheap as regular bulbs.

However, at this point, since you are really unhappy with the product and service, maybe ask umnitza if you can just simply get a refund and just don't deal with him again?? Somehow you keep on getting either the wrong ones or the ones that are faulty. You might be better off just buying from somewhere else??