Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

"Umnitza" Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM

"Umnitza" Feedback

Two words: "Absolutely horrible".

I've had nothing but bad attitudes and a unhelpful attitudes out of this organization. Being one of the more popular HID/Lighting companies out there, I expected so much more from them. PLEASE do yourself the favor and do NOT order anything from them. All I experience is broken promises and excuses from these guys. A very poorly run company.

First, I order 2 HID kits. One was sent to me as a 6k, when I ordered a 3k. I emailed them and was expected to send it back, I requested to have the return shipping refunded to me since it was not my fault they neglected to pay the proper attention to my order. Their response was something along the lines of "shipping is only going to be $5, but we can refund it". Over a month after I shipped it back, still no refund for shipping and no new HID bulbs. After countless emails and complaints, all I receive is attitudes and promises like it will be shipped out on X day.

After I finally receive the right kit, it does not work properly. I do A/V and security installs on vehicles all of the time. Albeit, being only the second set of HID's I installed, I know I plugged everything in correctly. No power. I got 12v into the ballast, but not out. I even had one of the Master installers at my job look it over. No dice. I let Umnitza know, and their cocky attitude was that there is no way in hell their product is defective. Every manufacturer has defective products. Even Martin Logan speakers which have every component individually hand made and individually tested, have defects every once in a while. I shipped them back, and did not hear back again. I called yesterday and was promised a call back within an hour. NO call back. I called today, one of the guys told me my kit would be tested and I would be taken care of today. I call back, and one of the other guys there (Matt, I believe) tells me my kit was just put into inventory; it won't be tested until tomorrow. Either there is a major communication issue there, or I am being constantly lied to. I suspect the latter. He asks me what I expect to receive back, I say the whole kit. He repeats the question again, sounding argumentative. I tell him the contents of HIS company's product: 2 bulbs with harnesses and 2 ballasts, 55w. He tells me that they'll be tested tomorrow. I highly doubt that will happen.

Umnitza PLEASE prove me wrong.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Turbo'd Saab

My Disappointing experience with Umnitza:

I have ordered this 55w kit a week before they dropped their price to this now $50. I can manage that, I paid $85 for their kit. I have since replaced one ballast since I've had the kit for less then a month at the time. I first did not get a response to any emails at all, for 3 days. Only when I posted in their for sale thread did I get a response. I then had to ship it back to them for another $10, it got there on a Saturday, so they worked on it Monday. They did not ship it back out till that Friday of that week. I finally received it, hoping I would never have to deal with them again. SO guess what happens to me tonight on the way home? The other ballast goes out. This kit is now about 2-3 months old. Not too mention these bulbs are only 35watts, they are just having you overdrive 35watt bulbs.

I will be posting this on other sections of the forum.

As an FYI to anyone else, I ordered another kit for my Fogs off ebay on the Monday they finally received my package...I got it the next day, in a very nice box (compared to your cheap crushable envelope flat rate Umnitza sends it in), and the kit only cost $45 and still have to have any problems with it. They also have sent me emails to make sure I was happy making sure it still worked and Reminding me I had a 1 year Warranty on it in case something did.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
My Disappointing experience with Umnitza:

I have ordered this 55w kit a week before they dropped their price to this now $50. I can manage that, I paid $85 for their kit. I have since replaced one ballast since I've had the kit for less then a month at the time. I first did not get a response to any emails at all, for 3 days. Only when I posted in their for sale thread did I get a response. I then had to ship it back to them for another $10, it got there on a Saturday, so they worked on it Monday. They did not ship it back out till that Friday of that week. I finally received it, hoping I would never have to deal with them again. SO guess what happens to me tonight on the way home? The other ballast goes out. This kit is now about 2-3 months old. Not too mention these bulbs are only 35watts, they are just having you overdrive 35watt bulbs.

I will be posting this on other sections of the forum.

As an FYI to anyone else, I ordered another kit for my Fogs off ebay on the Monday they finally received my package...I got it the next day, in a very nice box (compared to your cheap crushable envelope flat rate Umnitza sends it in), and the kit only cost $45 and still have to have any problems with it. They also have sent me emails to make sure I was happy making sure it still worked and Reminding me I had a 1 year Warranty on it in case something did.
OT, but who was the seller? I want to pick up another set of HIDs for my fogs, considering the company I ordered the ones I have now from refuse to give me any information so I can use my "two year warranty" to repair a ruined ballast.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Toolie

heres my kit from umnitza. It's the second kit by the way, I paid for shipping for the first return, was told to ship this one back as well. at my cost. Well screw that my 100 dollar kit is getting too damn expensive. I just bought an operatic kit.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 AM

good thing i opted for a different GD when my bro was asking for a kit for his 09 Si.. the kit he received was EXCELLENT. no problems whatsoever. i believe it was the HIDExtra.com kit!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
2003 Nisan Maxima

Add me to the disgruntled customer list.

My experience was just about the same. I ordered Umnitza's V2 Angel eyes, which are suppose to be the brightest and best angel eyes on the market. After having Metal Maxima help with my install, we sealed the headlights back up and tested them on the car. Sad thing was, we should have tested them before we put them in the headlights.

After about a month of emailing, nagging, inquiring about how they were going to fix this issue, they finally mailed me a new set of angel eye rings for each headlight. Why it took a month? My only guess is because they probably have so many complaints and returns from people. I kept my cool over the situation because I did not want to add fuel to the fire. From my past experiences, it does not do any good to yell or curse.

I got the rings in last week and tested them right away. Once the old lights are taken out, Umnitza has asked me to ship the old ones back, of course at my cost.

I for one, am very disappointed with the way things were handled. I see a lot of other members have been having the same issues. As far as running a business, I feel they are very very unprofessional. The way they handled certain issues like this is unacceptable. For starters, if they send something out and its their error, shouldn't they be the ones to cover the shipping? I know when I make mistakes on the org, which happens because everyone is human, I always cover the shipping costs esp. if it was an error on my end. I def. will not be doing any future business with Umnitza.

Last edited by Teaner; 03-15-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think you should post something on the GD forums. People are having issues there and if you contribute, it would make the admins think about making this company a sponsor/seller for the .org.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 PM

I know not to buy any replacements for my projectors from them now.
+1 guys
Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew
I think you should post something on the GD forums. People are having issues there and if you contribute, it would make the admins think about making this company a sponsor/seller for the .org.

I already posted a link to this thread in their "55w" thread on the GD forums.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 AM

they're full of ****
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 AM

I was just considering buying a kit from them good thing I checked here first.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

We do our best to take care of a lot of customers. We certainly don't have excuses for mistakes, we make mistakes but we do strive to fix all of them.

Morteza - we have been busy at SEMA and preparation for next week's SF International Auto Show. Your lights were tested this morning and are already in the box for shipment. Apologize for the delay, but it's handled now.

Knightz - you are in Canada and refuse to return a kit that is "not to spec" based on what you have posted before. unless you return it, we cannot help you.

Teaner - we screwed up sending you mismatched rings, should have tested them, but we did get you the right rings without a deposit, please return the other rings and we'll credit you for the cost of the return.

Dmitry - instead of filing a claim, if we made a mistake, we will replace the bulbs for you at our cost of shipping. We will remedy any situation due to our mistake of sending you the wrong color bulbs.

As a general reminder, we encourage you to use our web site to hit the contact us form. We no longer use the GMAIL account for anything except internal outgoing mail to customers.

Also, please understand we have a lot of guys working here doing their best to send out products and resolve support issues. Please be patient with them and you will always get the best service.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
We do our best to take care of a lot of customers. We certainly don't have excuses for mistakes, we make mistakes but we do strive to fix all of them.

Morteza - we have been busy at SEMA and preparation for next week's SF International Auto Show. Your lights were tested this morning and are already in the box for shipment. Apologize for the delay, but it's handled now.

Knightz - you are in Canada and refuse to return a kit that is "not to spec" based on what you have posted before. unless you return it, we cannot help you.

Teaner - we screwed up sending you mismatched rings, should have tested them, but we did get you the right rings without a deposit, please return the other rings and we'll credit you for the cost of the return.

Dmitry - instead of filing a claim, if we made a mistake, we will replace the bulbs for you at our cost of shipping. We will remedy any situation due to our mistake of sending you the wrong color bulbs.

As a general reminder, we encourage you to use our web site to hit the contact us form. We no longer use the GMAIL account for anything except internal outgoing mail to customers.

Also, please understand we have a lot of guys working here doing their best to send out products and resolve support issues. Please be patient with them and you will always get the best service.

Hmmm...odd, I was told my kit was in a box yesterday and was going to be shipped out then?....Whats the tracking number? Interesting, how can it be in two places at once?

And I have yet to receive my refund of $8 for my return shipping for the first time my order was screwed up. I have emails proving your "reps" claimed over and over I would receive this refund over a month ago. I AM STILL WAITING...

Paypal is notoriousroc1 [at] aol [dot] com
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

Umnitza rep.,
I have been extremely patient with you guys. Therefore, I feel that is why "your error" has been successfully taken care of. The old rings will be shipped back to you shortly. However, hypothetically thinking lets just say one out of your ten customers get what they orginally ordered, that still doesn't justify your lack of professionalism. You have many unsatisfied customers, on this site alone!! Good luck to you and your company.

I will also hold you to that credit for the cost of return shipping.

Last edited by Teaner; 11-19-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 PM

My experience with Umnitza has been disastrous. I have been very patient over the months and am fed with their customer service. In the beginning of June i ordered 4300k size 9006 for my 07 and within the next day their product came in but they sent me H2 4300k. I immediately contacted them about the issue and agreed to exchange the bulbs for me. The bulbs were shipped back the next day at my expense and i waited two weeks before i contacted them about whether or not my correct bulbs have been shipped. They told me that they need to find the package containing the wrong bulbs before shipping out the correct bulbs. Gave them another two weeks and still no bulbs. I called them explaining the importance of a customer receiving their correct paid product and also about how patient i have been(Mid July). They finally found my bulbs but again sent me the wrong bulbs after specifying in the subject of every email sent stating that i want 4300k for 9006. This time they sent me 6000k but in the right size. Being only 30 minutes away from Umnitza headquarters,the same sale rep i think his name is Greg, promised to drive down to my city and personally deliver it on a sunday claiming his kid has piano lesson in the city i live in. I waited till the day and received no call from him all day but the following morning he gave me call apologizing offering to meet me that day. I was fed up with their customer service and decided to give the set to my cousin. I installed the set on her car and noticed that one side flickered and would then shut off. I back-tracked every step and everything was fine except the ballast wouldnt power on. I again immediately contacted Umnitza about the problem and demanded a refund but was refused. Since early September when i demanded a refund til now I have been away from home trying to finish school and havnt had time to deal with this problem.
I am sorry about how long this post became but i would like everyone to know how long i have been patient for 3 months for some damn bulbs. To those who are interested in buying a set from Umnitza i hope this post assist you in deciding. To those who want a real high quality HID kit with lifetime warranty Please PM me and ill connect you with the company.
This wednesday im gonna personally go to Umnitza HQ in Concord California to express my experience.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ryaliu
My experience with Umnitza has been disastrous. I have been very patient over the months and am fed with their customer service. In the beginning of June i ordered 4300k size 9006 for my 07 and within the next day their product came in but they sent me H2 4300k. I immediately contacted them about the issue and agreed to exchange the bulbs for me. The bulbs were shipped back the next day at my expense and i waited two weeks before i contacted them about whether or not my correct bulbs have been shipped. They told me that they need to find the package containing the wrong bulbs before shipping out the correct bulbs. Gave them another two weeks and still no bulbs. I called them explaining the importance of a customer receiving their correct paid product and also about how patient i have been(Mid July). They finally found my bulbs but again sent me the wrong bulbs after specifying in the subject of every email sent stating that i want 4300k for 9006. This time they sent me 6000k but in the right size. Being only 30 minutes away from Umnitza headquarters,the same sale rep i think his name is Greg, promised to drive down to my city and personally deliver it on a sunday claiming his kid has piano lesson in the city i live in. I waited till the day and received no call from him all day but the following morning he gave me call apologizing offering to meet me that day. I was fed up with their customer service and decided to give the set to my cousin. I installed the set on her car and noticed that one side flickered and would then shut off. I back-tracked every step and everything was fine except the ballast wouldnt power on. I again immediately contacted Umnitza about the problem and demanded a refund but was refused. Since early September when i demanded a refund til now I have been away from home trying to finish school and havnt had time to deal with this problem.
I am sorry about how long this post became but i would like everyone to know how long i have been patient for 3 months for some damn bulbs. To those who are interested in buying a set from Umnitza i hope this post assist you in deciding. To those who want a real high quality HID kit with lifetime warranty Please PM me and ill connect you with the company.
This wednesday im gonna personally go to Umnitza HQ in Concord California to express my experience.
Quite interesting account. Completely and utterly inaccurate, but interesting nonetheless.
1) we have no one named Greg
2) our owner offered to deliver the bulbs to you personally, you declined at the time - 2 times
3) our owner also offered it again next weekend, you declined.

You're welcome to come to our offices any time, except Wednesday, we will be closed in preparation for a trade show. If you wish, come tomorrow. The owner will be more than happy to assist you.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 AM

hey does anyone have uminitza rma address so i can get my exchange for these ballasts that don't work. I'm still hoping to get this resolved.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Check here man:

AND GOOD LUCK, you need it!!! lol

http://www.umnitza.com/-i-2.html?osC...a008a944ffcbfe
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Quite interesting account. Completely and utterly inaccurate, but interesting nonetheless.
1) we have no one named Greg
2) our owner offered to deliver the bulbs to you personally, you declined at the time - 2 times
3) our owner also offered it again next weekend, you declined.

You're welcome to come to our offices any time, except Wednesday, we will be closed in preparation for a trade show. If you wish, come tomorrow. The owner will be more than happy to assist you.
I did say i think his name is Greg. I declined the personal deliveries because he failed to deliver it to me on the planned date. It dont matter how accurate my story is the bottom line is Umnitza sells crap and lacks customer service. Dont deny it because theres a significant amount of people on this org who are experiencing this same problem.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM

I'd like to update everyone on my situation. I received the proper, and working, kit this past week and installed them with no issues. Thank you Umnitza. But, I have yet to receive my return shipping refund of $8 from nearly two months ago...
Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM

After all of the difficulties that I have had, umnitza has been very helpful to determine my problems. They have done so in a very professional and respectful manner which i give kudos towards. Overall yes there are difficulties, but they will help you and make sure you get their product in working order. I recommend.

Last edited by tibal; 01-15-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Wow and to think I had been recommending this company to people. Glad I got my lights at 3bspec.

Funny how Umnitza comes in here and argues with the upset customers, reinforcing people's claims that they are argumentative (among other things).
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM

I finally got thru to them and they tell me my items are not under warranty anymore and that i must pay for shipping both there and back for my ballasts to be worked on. so i'm just going to save up and get the operatic kit instead
Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM

Still waiting on my refund of $8 from damn near November...I should be charging them interest
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Toolie

I should not have to pay for shipping three times!!!! It costs about 20 bucks to ship it back to you. I paid for shipping, got a defrctive product, shipped it back at my expense and again got a defective product, and now you want me to pay for shipping a third time??!!!. **** that!! You say you test stuff before you send it back, but obviously you don't!!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

EDIT: Umnitza has finally contacted me. I hope to see some updated results!!!

Last edited by Teaner; 03-17-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I'm surprised that Umnitza wasnt as helpful as I recall. I bought my first set of HID's from them back in 03 and it was a fantastic experience. I guess times change...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I ordered a set of HIDs from them, and what turned out to be the wrong ones for my car. (my bad) Unused, Never Installed BRAND NEW returned to them by me, paid for shipping and insurance on the package. Get an email back from them telling my there will be a %20 restocking fee (that part I am ok with) but then they are taking an extra $10 non refundable shipping fee? Excuse me, I just sent you the item back, which I paid over $10 to ship the item to you. So instead of receiving a full refund I am down to a $60 payback from which I ended up paying $85 for the orginal item plus $12 for shipping back the returned item, a $10 nonrefundable shipping fee and a %20 restocking fee. WOW really. Where do they do that at. I should have checked the vendor experience before using them.

(EDIT)

However with all that said, I did recieve the item that I did order in a timely manner and without default. Any questions I had or concerns I voiced (no matter if I agreed or disagreed) they were happy enough to engage in an intelligent conversation to get the problem resolved. From business man to business man I can respect that

It was explained on the backend that the Shipping cost on the orginal order is built into the item. So instead of the item being actually $85 it was $75. Just be cautious in what you order and make sure its the correct item. Thats my experience.

Last edited by Pizatt; 04-27-2010 at 09:49 AM.