Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

mydepots.com hid kit review

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 PM

mydepots.com hid kit review

Hey Guys/Gals,

Summary at the end.

Just want to tell of my experience with mydepots.com/vvme.com. I ordered a 9004 bi-xenon hid plug and play kit (for my wife's car) from them after hearing good things from local maxima owners and reading online reviews. I received the kit very quick, I'd say about 4 days after I ordered it. That was great!

Install was easy and straightforward, with only one snag. The bulb holder, that fits in the housing, was a little too snug to fit the locking cap on. So, I sanded the back side and it fit well. Easy enough fix.

It worked great for about 1 week. Then, one side would flicker (for 10 secs.) upon start up and then fail to ignite. After changing ballast location (switching driver and passenger side ballasts) I concluded it was the ballast. Also, I had an extra ballast and it ignited the first time. So, after one week of use, the ballast was bad.

I contacted mydepots.com and told of the problem. Their warranty is you pay to ship your part, and they'll send you a replacement upon testing the unit. They said send them the defective ballast, or send them $15 for replacement. Fair enough, though I just bought it. I sent them the defective ballast, (cost me $12 for international shipping) and they didn't contact me with any information.

Two weeks go by, no response. I email them and they tell me the ballast is still good and I'll have the send them $15 so they can send me a new one. I was not going to do that, I knew it was bad. I told them again how I tested it and that I will not be sending money to them. The fair thing to do was send me a new unit.

They said they'd test it again...two days later I had to contact them again. They said they'll have to tell the testing department and get back to me.

The next day I received a DHL tracking number for the ballast. No email was sent to me saying what they found. I sent them an email and they confirmed a new ballast was being sent to me.

Received it within 4 days. Still need to test it.

To sum it up (out of 5 stars):
Product: 3, ballast went bad in a week, maybe just my luck
Communication: 2, but they do respond, they aren't proactive, only reply when you contact them, hard to understand
Shipping: 5, very quick, around 4 days
Price: 5, cheap, but you get what you pay for, I paid $73.81
Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by youmeill
I understand your distress.But I want to say is that the transport fee of $ 12 is normal.No one company to do so, you should understand each other.
Dude , why do you keep bumping old threads with pointless information