Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

"jiffy Lube Incompetence"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 07:58 AM

"jiffy Lube Incompetence"

Hey guys for any of you with a busy schedule and use jiffy lube read the following article, although it may be of no surprise ! What peices of PIG SH%T!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...jiffy_lube.htm
Old 03-02-2002, 01:23 PM
FJC

Re: "jiffy Lube Incompetence"

Originally posted by Steve Marsh
Hey guys for any of you with a busy schedule and use jiffy lube read the following article, although it may be of no surprise ! What peices of PIG SH%T!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...jiffy_lube.htm
I used to manage one of the ones listed. Ask Away!!!!!! I'll answer anything....

Old 03-02-2002, 01:27 PM
FJC

If fittings were greased, they were blown anyway...

They were only done if there was one or two cars in the bay. Or if the manager was around checking.

They added "Quality Assurance" checks in 1992 by managers which checked most of the work. It actually worked. The managers were responsible for the check and the employee held responsible if something wasn't done.

Everyone would go light up some trees after anyway....
Old 03-02-2002, 01:44 PM

I only go to Jiffy Lube for my oil/tranny fluids. Im in and out in 20min with no problem

Ant
Old 03-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

I'm moving this to the appropriate forum...
Old 03-02-2002, 06:20 PM

Excellent link, that one is going on my website
Old 03-02-2002, 08:03 PM
supertool

Originally posted by iwannabmw
Excellent link, that one is going on my website
From my experience, you are safer not changing your oil than changing it at jiffy lube. Last time I got their signature service, they were nice enough to check my tire pressure. After driving out, I noticed that the car was leaning to the right. Well, lo and behold, I check the tire pressure, and the left tires were overinflated to 50 psi, while right ones were underinflated to 30psi. From now on, I go to the same mechanic in Sunnyvale to change my oil.
http://www.advanced-automotive.com/
My friend recommended him. He charges same as jiffy lube, and doesn't rush things. Bottom line, if you are one of 10 customers he sees a day, you get different treatment then if you are one of 10 customers jiffy lube sees an hour.

Old 03-03-2002, 08:31 AM

'ole jiffy lube decided to throw in a extra quart of oil into my car... lovely...
Old 03-03-2002, 08:51 AM

Jiffy breaks (vehicles too) their records all of the time, the most mass lubed vehicles in one hour, even if 4 out of 5 qts gets poured onto the crankcase rather than inside it ! I have a friend who's wife took her car to jiffy, they did everything right except for one major boo boo. They broke the oil pan plug off in the pan! Talk about being P$ssed Oh and valvoline is another one! Do it yourself And to the individual who stated that they use to manage one of these shops, i am in no way attacking you and or your managerial abilities. I am speaking about the company in general, because it seems to be very wide spread. Usually a problem this big means top executive poor implementation issues!

Best Regards
Old 04-12-2002, 04:50 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally posted by Steve Marsh
Jiffy breaks (vehicles too) their records all of the time, the most mass lubed vehicles in one hour, even if 4 out of 5 qts gets poured onto the crankcase rather than inside it ! I have a friend who's wife took her car to jiffy, they did everything right except for one major boo boo. They broke the oil pan plug off in the pan! Talk about being P$ssed Oh and valvoline is another one! Do it yourself And to the individual who stated that they use to manage one of these shops, i am in no way attacking you and or your managerial abilities. I am speaking about the company in general, because it seems to be very wide spread. Usually a problem this big means top executive poor implementation issues!

Best Regards
I usually go to my dealer (Bill Cook Nissan - Farmington Hills, MI) and they do a great job on an oil change for about $22 w/ coupon
Old 04-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Wht98SE

I usually go to my dealer (Bill Cook Nissan - Farmington Hills, MI) and they do a great job on an oil change for about $22 w/ coupon
Sometimes the dealers offer coupons on their website... might be good for some folks to check out their dealers through http://www.nissandriven.com/
Old 04-24-2002, 05:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I never go to a "quick" lube place anymore.
The last time I went, I caught the tech's riffling through my car and playing with my emergency lights....that was enough, I told the manager and off I went, never to return. My family has taken our business somewhere else, and we have 5 cars.....
Old 04-29-2002, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by Wht98SE

I had a terrible experience when I bought my car from Bill Cook - my transaction was actually handled by the used car sales manager and I even had a ****ty experience with their service guy, plus they weren't even concerned when I told them my door got dented mmost likely while it was under their care.

I refuse to buy parts or do anything or recommend anyone I know to Bill Cook. Glad you had good experience though.
Old 04-29-2002, 08:30 PM

I took my car to a J-L and they told me that I needed a new air filter and said they changed it as a part of my Sig Service. I asked the manager if I could have the filter he said yes and smiles and brings me a dirty panel filter.
http://www.max-performance.net/image...48_23_full.jpg
I have a cold air intake with a K&N filter at the bottom.

I then asked him to take back his clean one and show me how to put the dirty one back on my car.

He went and popped the hood and looked down and closed the hood again and told me he didn't appreciate my snide rude behavior and told me to leave immediately. I did get my money back from the cashier and left with a smile on my face knowing that he felt straight stupid.

this happend a few months ago.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You will like this one

JL forgot to put oil in my Mom's Camry! Why are there so many stupid people in the world?
Old 06-25-2002, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by pocketrocket

I had a terrible experience when I bought my car from Bill Cook - my transaction was actually handled by the used car sales manager and I even had a ****ty experience with their service guy, plus they weren't even concerned when I told them my door got dented mmost likely while it was under their care.

I refuse to buy parts or do anything or recommend anyone I know to Bill Cook. Glad you had good experience though.
Pocketrocket, sorry to hear about your bad experience w/ Bill Cook, strangely they do a gr-8 job on my SE and haven't had problems w/ thier service dep't & they're the only ones who I can trust w/ my SE (besides fellow .org members of course )
Old 06-25-2002, 06:36 PM

add Uncle Ed's 10-min. oil change to the list too

Originally posted by 2DMax
I never go to a "quick" lube place anymore.
The last time I went, I caught the tech's riffling through my car and playing with my emergency lights....that was enough, I told the manager and off I went, never to return. My family has taken our business somewhere else, and we have 5 cars.....
The other day when I went to Uncle Ed's 10 min. oil change (just to try it out) they forgot to wipe off any excess oil by the filter which gave me the impression that I was leaking oil when it was actually runoff by them not wiping off the excess oil.

No more going to Uncle Ed's, Jiffy Lube or any other 10 min. oil changes for me, I'll stick w/ the dealer becuz I know they'll do it right and for a good price ($22)
Old 06-25-2002, 09:22 PM

I NEVER go to Jiffy Lube
Old 07-05-2002, 01:38 PM

I just go for my oil and trans change, I never had a problem. But I also have close freinds who work there so maybe that's why?