General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

whos car is this.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 06:30 PM
Disco Biscuit

Only reason he can afford them

Is cause he sells them. OK, so I take back the getto comment. Instead I'll say the car looks like crap IMO up close. I see it just about every day running around town. But, I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't like the car, so I'll just keep my mouth shut. Sorry my opinions differ from everyone elses......

[Edited by Whitemax on 12-10-2000 at 08:37 PM]
Old 12-10-2000, 06:45 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ghettoness..

my car is ghetto...

extent of my ghettoness:
ive got metal jaggies covered in electrical tape..
http://i11.yimg.com/11/f204b009/h/a489632b/37.jpg

my shift **** is chrome and doesnt match my interior..
http://i11.yimg.com/11/f204b009/h/cd9666a5/36.jpg

my wing has imperfections from when it was painted..
http://i11.yimg.com/11/f204b009/h/32af3163/35.jpg

now that's ghetto for ya
Old 12-10-2000, 07:49 PM

Ok, since I was the one who first called this car ghetto, let me clarify. I called his car ghetto because of the lack of quality in the work, not because of the 20"s. I don't like the chrome 20"s, but that's not the reason I called it ghetto. Like I said before, it's ghetto because of the crappy paintwork, bad fitment of parts, and general lack of attention to detail. The car only looks good from a distance. I30 Cefiro has 20"s and I think his car looks awesome. But his car is clean and well done, this guys car is not. If you had seen it in person, you would understand what I mean. I'm not trying to stereotype a car because of the way it looks, I apologize if I offended anyone here. I go to school near the ghetto (downtown Atlanta) and I know you don't see cars like that in the ghetto. So maybe ghetto is the wrong term, let's just say the car is really badly done.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:50 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Shadow
Ok, since I was the one who first called this car ghetto, let me clarify. I called his car ghetto because of the lack of quality in the work, not because of the 20"s. I don't like the chrome 20"s, but that's not the reason I called it ghetto. Like I said before, it's ghetto because of the crappy paintwork, bad fitment of parts, and general lack of attention to detail. The car only looks good from a distance. I30 Cefiro has 20"s and I think his car looks awesome. But his car is clean and well done, this guys car is not. If you had seen it in person, you would understand what I mean. I'm not trying to stereotype a car because of the way it looks, I apologize if I offended anyone here. I go to school near the ghetto (downtown Atlanta) and I know you don't see cars like that in the ghetto. So maybe ghetto is the wrong term, let's just say the car is really badly done.
i totally agree with you on that. ill even admit it, my car is ghetto.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:28 PM

[i]18's, 19's, 20's are harsher than 17's... hahaha... have any of you who made such comment ever owned 18's and sold them to get 17's? so how would you know? you guys don't know anything, you just mouth off from what society tells you and what you feel is the norm and you hide in your little groups and you are the most uneducated few I have ever seen...
[\i]
ok first off, the ghetto(run down housing projects) is like right down the street from me; people get shot there all the time and there is tons of gang activity.i guess that makes it a ghetto huh? second, if you think that everyone in the ghetto drives ****boxes you are the idiot. i went to highschool with all those kids from the 'ghetto' and some of them had some awsome cars. they may have got them cuz they were dealin but they had them. im talking benz's n ****. and finally, if you upsize your wheels from factory 15" or 16" to 20's(like my post originally said) the ride is going to definitly be harsher! people in here need to chill out and not take posts so personal.

Originally posted by doug
personally i think that car looks very clean and it looks nice...

its funny how we associate funny little acronyms with certain things, chrome, tint = ghetto, spoiler, stickers = rice, v8, domestic = redneck..

ghetto? most of you calling ghetto, have you ever been to a ghetto? do you even know what ghetto is? I don't appreciate some of the attitudes of some of you here... you think this and you think that, I am not going to get into it..

like the fine comment I got the other day about me being black and how I should be driving a Navigator with chrome 20's through the hood.. so am I ghetto? cuz I am black? so then chrome 20's? does that mean ghetto too? so does that mean that because I am black I am ghetto? and does that mean that chrome 20's mean ghetto?

most of you who make comments have never been off the farm and you don't know what ghetto is, in my opinion, ghetto, rice, all those little acronyms... they are all the same, we just use our prejudices to put them in different categories..

18's, 19's, 20's are harsher than 17's... hahaha... have any of you who made such comment ever owned 18's and sold them to get 17's? so how would you know? you guys don't know anything, you just mouth off from what society tells you and what you feel is the norm and you hide in your little groups and you are the most uneducated few I have ever seen...

Learn what ghetto means before you start saying the car looks ghetto, that car is clean, looks better than half of the maxima's on this board.. if you don't like it.. email me.. i am ready for chat.. dmtech@prodigy.net
Old 12-10-2000, 08:31 PM

oh, and for how i am so uneducated....hahaha. well, im a junior in computer engineering, i work at an electrical company that pays $17 an hour. also i already have jobs lined up that i will start off at over $70k. not bad for a little dumbass.
Originally posted by thebull
[I]18's, 19's, 20's are harsher than 17's... hahaha... have any of you who made such comment ever owned 18's and sold them to get 17's? so how would you know? you guys don't know anything, you just mouth off from what society tells you and what you feel is the norm and you hide in your little groups and you are the most uneducated few I have ever seen...
[\i]
ok first off, the ghetto(run down housing projects) is like right down the street from me; people get shot there all the time and there is tons of gang activity.i guess that makes it a ghetto huh? second, if you think that everyone in the ghetto drives ****boxes you are the idiot. i went to highschool with all those kids from the 'ghetto' and some of them had some awsome cars. they may have got them cuz they were dealin but they had them. im talking benz's n ****. and finally, if you upsize your wheels from factory 15" or 16" to 20's(like my post originally said) the ride is going to definitly be harsher! people in here need to chill out and not take posts so personal.

its funny how we associate funny little acronyms with certain things, chrome, tint = ghetto, spoiler, stickers = rice, v8, domestic = redneck..

ghetto? most of you calling ghetto, have you ever been to a ghetto? do you even know what ghetto is? I don't appreciate some of the attitudes of some of you here... you think this and you think that, I am not going to get into it..

like the fine comment I got the other day about me being black and how I should be driving a Navigator with chrome 20's through the hood.. so am I ghetto? cuz I am black? so then chrome 20's? does that mean ghetto too? so does that mean that because I am black I am ghetto? and does that mean that chrome 20's mean ghetto?

most of you who make comments have never been off the farm and you don't know what ghetto is, in my opinion, ghetto, rice, all those little acronyms... they are all the same, we just use our prejudices to put them in different categories..

18's, 19's, 20's are harsher than 17's... hahaha... have any of you who made such comment ever owned 18's and sold them to get 17's? so how would you know? you guys don't know anything, you just mouth off from what society tells you and what you feel is the norm and you hide in your little groups and you are the most uneducated few I have ever seen...

Learn what ghetto means before you start saying the car looks ghetto, that car is clean, looks better than half of the maxima's on this board.. if you don't like it.. email me.. i am ready for chat.. dmtech@prodigy.net
Old 12-10-2000, 09:04 PM
Banned

i just wanted to know whos car it is....

what have i done
Old 12-11-2000, 04:55 AM

Ah there can only be one Eben "X" in Maxima.org..LOL!#;>)

Old 12-11-2000, 04:58 AM

Yea, it does look cool in the pic but the description-->>

of the car from someone in real life(who saw it) paints an entirely different picture..

Originally posted by SPARK
I also think the car looks good from the picture. Maybe he does need a paint job, maybe he's not planning for a paint job at this time or that's his next step. 20 inch rims are not ghetto if you knew the kind of people living in the ghetto. A lot of people cant afford 20" Chrome Rims. BIG UP TO WHOEVER OWNS THAT MAXIMA.
Old 12-11-2000, 05:57 AM
vapors smx

I remember this picture came out last year. I remember that he also stated that he was sponsored by stillen. I also remember saying that there was no way stillen would sponsor that , and guess what, I was flamed. To each his own I guess, however, to modify your car for looks, and claim some erroneous times makes me laugh. That just compounds the problem I see with the import scene. I remember, a basic 97 prelude with body kit, claiming to me he was about to break into the 12's. I cant even stand watching the Speedvision Ultimate Import Tour, nor going to import car shows. There may be only 4-5 cars at each show that I have been at that I have admired. Otherwise, we get the same things, mismatched body kit, no performance mods, trying to make your car look like that Evo Mitsu you saw last night on speedvision. Sorry to rant. Flame me if you want.

Old 02-25-2001, 12:42 PM
Custommaxima.com

I'm with you metallic97gxe

your right, it bothers me how if someone here has a different opinion about another persons max that they gotta go wild flaming them. Everyone has their own taste and style. We should stick together as maxima owners and support others different tastes. I seen lots of maximas i didn't like but i don't talk bad about it. Being nice goes alot farther in life.