General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm having issues with the RadarTest writeup-->

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 07:29 AM
JimW

The tell you in the detector test that rear antennas are not important, and that any detector can pick up radar coming from the rear.
Then, in the next breath, they show you how the new Stalker moving radar works, and that it now has "same-lane" capability. That implies to me that you need to know first-hand if Officer Bob Speed (for you C/D readers) is sneaking his way up through traffic behind you, banging away with his moving radar.
In my opinion, you need the most sensitivity in any detector you buy. YOu also need a detector that isn't set off by other detectors (which radartest didn't post any data for, I wonder if they tested for that)
Talking detectors and text messages are not important to me, I need to understand at a glance where the threat is coming from, and be able to audibly hear what band I'm dealing with.
I'll stick with my V1, until I can see some more conclusive results that can show otherwise. I'm happy with my purchase and it's performance.

Old 12-12-2000, 08:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

me 2...

I have the Bel 980 & I'm happy with my purchase & it's performance ...

Originally posted by JimW
The tell you in the detector test that rear antennas are not important, and that any detector can pick up radar coming from the rear.
Then, in the next breath, they show you how the new Stalker moving radar works, and that it now has "same-lane" capability. That implies to me that you need to know first-hand if Officer Bob Speed (for you C/D readers) is sneaking his way up through traffic behind you, banging away with his moving radar.
In my opinion, you need the most sensitivity in any detector you buy. YOu also need a detector that isn't set off by other detectors (which radartest didn't post any data for, I wonder if they tested for that)
Talking detectors and text messages are not important to me, I need to understand at a glance where the threat is coming from, and be able to audibly hear what band I'm dealing with.
I'll stick with my V1, until I can see some more conclusive results that can show otherwise. I'm happy with my purchase and it's performance.