General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NOS installation ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 07:46 PM

NOS installation ideas

I was considering putting my car on the bottle. I also still want it to be a classy car so I was considering where to mount switches and where to mount gauges I would need. I'd like a arming switch and bottle opener switch. YEs planning on a window switch. I'd hate to bounce off the rev limiter on the juice. I'm thinking about something relative to a 60 shot. I know some guy who's selling his kit off a honda. I imagine a dry kit is a dry kit so I didn't ask which kit it was yet. I'm really starting to have conviction about racing on the street(even about speeding), so I plan on racing at the track. I assume tracks let you run the juice there. Give me some of your best/cleanest/low profile switch mounting ideas and gauge ideas. If I need any other switches, let me know. I know that there's some sort of a throttle switch out there that won't allow the no2 to flow till the throttle is at full. I want to be safe and want it to look nice too.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:32 PM

Re: NOS installation ideas

Not really sure of a clean place to mount the gauges and switches, mine are mounted in really conspicuous positions to let everyone know they're there. But the full throttle switch is a part of the nitrous kit, not an option.

Try mounting your gauges below your radio like 1MAX2NV or theblue did, cleanest place I can think of.

Originally posted by SamMan23
I was considering putting my car on the bottle. I also still want it to be a classy car so I was considering where to mount switches and where to mount gauges I would need. I'd like a arming switch and bottle opener switch. YEs planning on a window switch. I'd hate to bounce off the rev limiter on the juice. I'm thinking about something relative to a 60 shot. I know some guy who's selling his kit off a honda. I imagine a dry kit is a dry kit so I didn't ask which kit it was yet. I'm really starting to have conviction about racing on the street(even about speeding), so I plan on racing at the track. I assume tracks let you run the juice there. Give me some of your best/cleanest/low profile switch mounting ideas and gauge ideas. If I need any other switches, let me know. I know that there's some sort of a throttle switch out there that won't allow the no2 to flow till the throttle is at full. I want to be safe and want it to look nice too.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:12 AM

my gauges i just left on the guage pods.

now my switches required a little more work. i am taking pics later on today of my set up.

i got some plastic and made some plates and mounted the switches into the cup holders on the center console. when the cup holder is close you see nothing. with a flip of the cover i have my arming switch and heater switch with covers. and i also have my bottle opener switch in one convient place. including 2 indicator lights.
all in all i am really surprised how well it came out. e-mail me for pics. on sat or something.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:34 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

also a real sleeper way is to put the nos pressure/a/f gauge inside the cup holder, 4th gen wise. it takes a bit of custom work but nothing impossible. get some radio shack toggle swicthes for the purge and arming swicthes and mount them around the shift gate. very low key.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:07 AM

thats my on/off switch. the red one. The way I mounted my switch, it looks pretty stock to me. I have another availabe slot to the LEFT of the steering wheel, and thats where I plan to mount the bottle heater switch. I still havent decided where to put my gauges. I'd like to put em in the cup holders too.. have to ask Jeff (Redmaxpa007) to get some more info on that.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My old complete sleeper setup:

I also mounted the MSD Window Switch in my Fuse box, nobody could see it and I could get to it in the car at any time to change the RPM limits...

Erik
Old 08-30-2002, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by nismo2020
also a real sleeper way is to put the nos pressure/a/f gauge inside the cup holder, 4th gen wise. it takes a bit of custom work but nothing impossible. get some radio shack toggle swicthes for the purge and arming swicthes and mount them around the shift gate. very low key.
i accually thought about puting a gauge down there but then i tought it would require me to look dow to see the gauge.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by jdmmax

i accually thought about puting a gauge down there but then i tought it would require me to look dow to see the gauge.
Well it does, but you don't need to stare at the gauge or anything...a quick glance will do fine. I learned the position of the needle so I knew what range it should be in without looking at specific #'s on the gauge.

Erik
Old 08-30-2002, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by tifosiv122
My old complete sleeper setup:

I also mounted the MSD Window Switch in my Fuse box, nobody could see it and I could get to it in the car at any time to change the RPM limits...

Erik
Is it a pain to reach over there when you want to hit the button for the Nitrous?

SuDZ
Old 08-30-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

Is it a pain to reach over there when you want to hit the button for the Nitrous?

SuDZ
No, because nitrous is activated with a WOT switch, not like in the movie F&F.

Erik
Old 08-30-2002, 07:38 PM

another place would be to put the switches in the ashtray.

Flip it open to access the switches.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:38 PM

All these are great ideas. Sudz, how'd you make that panel to mount your sleeper setup. What switches and gauges are those? JDM, I'll email you soon for those pics. I had the same idea, but I had no idea how I could make it look nice. I was also thinking I might be able to put some gauges right under my radio in the open din. I'd have to learn how to fabricate a piece to fit in it and hold the gauges.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by tifosiv122

No, because nitrous is activated with a WOT switch, not like in the movie F&F.

Erik
it's either a WOT switch, or a manual trigger button, 'LIKE' the F&F...you can have it anyway you want...
Old 08-31-2002, 05:03 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by SamMan23
All these are great ideas. Sudz, how'd you make that panel to mount your sleeper setup. What switches and gauges are those? JDM, I'll email you soon for those pics. I had the same idea, but I had no idea how I could make it look nice. I was also thinking I might be able to put some gauges right under my radio in the open din. I'd have to learn how to fabricate a piece to fit in it and hold the gauges.
check with a car stereo installation shop. they should be able to fabricate for you.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:16 AM

I hate taking my car to any shop. I did all my own stereo installation and mechanic work. I almost feel defeated if I ever have to take my car to somebody else. I may have to if nobody tells me what to make the stuff out of, but I'll definitely try before I give up. I know it's a strange pet peeve. Maybe there are some others who feel that way.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by irvine78

it's either a WOT switch, or a manual trigger button, 'LIKE' the F&F...you can have it anyway you want...
I meant to say "mine" was activated like that...I know it could be done the other way, but who would want to? Unless you can't (2k2-3)

Erik
Old 09-03-2002, 11:18 AM

hey sanman need your e-mail addy

e-mail it to me i accidently eraced it.