General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Damn pshycho teenagers (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000, 02:35 AM

Okay, so I get out of subway with my friend heading back to work and I'm sitting at this light (3 lanes I'm on left) the middle is open, the third lane is this 96ish honda accord. I realize I need to get over to the middle lane and I see this guy inchin, and inchin. Light turns green and I see him step on it and he has a hood on me..until my car revs up (auto) and there I go flying by him and apparently cutting him off as I change lanes. So I guess these guys are being stupid as I see him breaking behind me 4 cars back with his tires screaching..
I proceed my way back to work the long way cause I didn't want them to follow me.. but that's what happens. I'm like a football field ahead of them and I'm like okay cool, until I see a car with blue headlights coming quickly... I step on it again not allowing him to cut me off and he gets right behind me. Here's how the rest goes, I'm going the speed limit and I notice him swerving behind me as if he's gonna pass me which he does and as he's doing so, I slam on my brake cause I didn't know if they wanted to throw something or what (just being paranoid I guess) so I let him pass.. He decides to keep going.. THEN he slows down to like 15 in a 35 (no cars besides us) hoping we get caught up at the light which I just keep going the usual. I pass him and he gets beind me again... My friend is like dude, let's go back to work and I'm like hell no.. I'm not having this guy follow me, let alone it be my work and so he sees where I park so he can trash my car... I'll be late. After some more crazy driving. I turn on a red, punch it, hop on the freeway back to work(backroad) only to find out again, that they SOMEHOW got in back of me... more chasing..... lost them at a light, went back to work.. WHAT FREAKS....I'm gonna start carrying a Tazer in my car or something...
Old 12-19-2000, 03:17 AM

so why didn't you just let them race you again??? why do you think all teenagers are out to kill or throw junk at you... why not role up your window??
Old 12-19-2000, 04:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmm...confrontations like this can be scary but IMO, you probably shouldn't have accelerated from the light if you knew you had to get off soon. If the Honda was bolting from the light, he would have been out of your way by the time your exit came up.

Not trying to point any blame, just offering a suggestion on how to avoid **** like this in the future. It takes two to Tango.

Jim
Old 12-19-2000, 06:13 AM

well

it all depends on the area your in..
around me most teenagers (like myself) just wanna race.. so if they see someone rev back it makes their day cuz they know they got a race..

they most likely will not do anything like throw stuff at you.. now if they are ridin around in a tinted out GS400 with 20" rims i would be careful...

Ant
Old 12-19-2000, 10:34 AM

Re: well

I kinda resent the comment about pshycho teens.
Cause not all of them are like that.
if you didn't want any confrontations you should have just slowed down and let them go their way.
If you keep messing with them... then you are just sinking to that level of immaturity.
just my opinion.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:36 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I keep my 9mm in the glovebox just for these special occasions =) I would have slow down or stop. Find out what they want, a race or something more physical.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:49 AM

Okay, let me bring out a few kew clues here...

During the ordeal where they were following me.. it wasn't a normal, "I want to race again" They drove in the suicide lane to pass cars just to get behind me. He drove in the shoulder just to get in front of me... Normal people don't do this. One thing I did leave out. We did get caught up at a light where they rolled SLOWLY past me and one of the idiotic passagners with his hat sideways has his face up to the glass saying "WTF"...I was like whatever, I let him go across the intersection and I just took a right turn.
I'm a non confrontational person. I'm street smart in the fact that I know if someone wanted to race again cause they had plenty of times to do so... they just wanted to start trouble IMO...