General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

choices, choices, choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 07:08 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by densetsu

yeah, the guy's name is yoshi and his importer is some guy named kevin. that guy really knows his stuff. too bad the government has to hold the car, otherwise i wouldn't legalize it and take my chances without insurance. maybe i can smuggle one in...
Yeah! especially here in alabama where you could run around with "tag applied for" plates (or no plate at all) for fifty years and no one would care....Hey stopit man your giving me bad ideas...

Old 09-21-2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Maxima06071
http://www.j-garage.com/sale/usedcar...110903gtr.html Look at this hot piece of *** ONLY $35,00(plus shipping) for a 2000 Skyline GTR, F.U Motorex...well after it get legalised through you.

you have to get it legalized through motorex. the benifit is that you dont get screwed by them in costs. 35k +25k(legalization for a r34) = 60k. about 10-20k less than they sell theirs for.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:18 PM

not so easy

Hey..about a year back I researched this stuff. I really wanted to import a 99 STi or older. The pricing wasn't that bad also. I looked both in the UK and Japan. I even ordered stuff from the U.S. Customs. I even wrote a letter to Subaru of America to help me out. I got a reply letter about 5-6 weeks later. They said they cannot help me at all. It's not easy at all..you are going to have to put a LOT of time and money into it if you want it done at all.

This is what you have to do to legally import a car. IT COST LOTS OF MONEY BY THE WAY. Not only for the car, but you have to get a car model of the type you want to import. CRASH IT over and over again for the testing procedure. You also have to pay a certain percentage of the car's value. There's more steps involved. There's some guy in the U.S. who owns a 22B in England and he has been trying to get the car here for quite some time without luck. I mean if importing cars were that easy, we would all be riding around in EVO 6's, STi's, GTR's, JDM Supras...

if you want more info, put your taxes to work and click this link! All the brochures are free so enjoy. U.S. Customs Importing A Car

This is what you do:
Click "Order a Publication"
Fill out your name and address
Go down to "Importing or Exporting a Car" and order 1 of those
Go down to "U.S. Import Requirements" and order one of those

It usually comes in 1-2 weeks. I hope this helped
Old 09-21-2002, 07:21 PM

you have to get it legalized through motorex. the benifit is that you dont get screwed by them in costs. 35k +25k(legalization for a r34) = 60k. about 10-20k less than they sell theirs for.
Nope, there are more costs than that. You have to pay a certain percentage to the U.S. Government. I think it's 15% or so and there are always other costs such as shipping and customs tax. Just order the free brochure in the link I put up before.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
Nope, there are more costs than that. You have to pay a certain percentage to the U.S. Government. I think it's 15% or so and there are always other costs such as shipping and customs tax. Just order the free brochure in the link I put up before.
These are the things that make me less proud to live in America.
Why do they make it so difficult?

Old 09-21-2002, 08:18 PM

i'll tell you why

These are the things that make me less proud to live in America.
Why do they make it so difficult?
It's the damn EPA! They had to pass some stupid emissions act 2-3 decades ago. Why!? I will tell you why, they want us to breathe fresh air. The nerve of those tree huggers....

Old 09-21-2002, 08:22 PM

yeah, i know theres more stuff, i researched it too. i just didn't feel like typing it all...
Old 09-21-2002, 08:36 PM

yeah, i know theres more stuff, i researched it too. i just didn't feel like typing it all...
It's okay..I have nothing better to do on a Saturday Night anyway
Old 09-21-2002, 08:41 PM

It's okay..I have nothing better to do on a Saturday Night anyway
i feel you. no one wanted to chill with me today so i am stuck at home waiting for people to get on aim...
Old 09-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Maxima06071

Re: i'll tell you why

It's the damn EPA! They had to pass some stupid emissions act 2-3 decades ago. Why!? I will tell you why, they want us to breathe fresh air. The nerve of those tree huggers....

Yeah damnit all, I can drive with a gas mask on with no problem.....but wait a second, why isn't the Civic Type R sold in the united states it uses the same engine as the RSX? Huh huh. I mean Europe and Asia Have emissions testing to. In fact It's a lot damn harder to get your license in Europe and Asia then it is in the US, They have you come to an inspection center every three(two if you buy a used car)years to have it inspected to make sure every thing is inperfect working order....and we think we have it hard over here. There really is NO good reason why we can't all be driving around in Evos and Silvias and Skylines and EVERY GOOD CAR ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET!F.U Automotive industry, Japan, EPA, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Subaru.

Old 09-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Maxima06071

You know what I just noticed?
Thae last 2 pages have nothing to do withe initial topic.......funny, no?

Old 09-21-2002, 08:50 PM

You know what I just noticed?
Thae last 2 pages have nothing to do withe initial topic.......funny, no?
yeah the lucky spoiled kid must be p!ssed.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Maxima06071

Yeah, I wounder what he ends up getting?

Old 09-22-2002, 04:18 AM

you can get a r32 gts-t for like 30k, the price of a new maxima or z. after that mod it like hell and you can make it just like a gtr minus the 4wd. if i were you i would definatly do that, i know what im going to do when i get my dad's s4: sell that b!tch and my z and buy a r32

I hear you bro!!!! yeah I my have to check that out....
Old 09-22-2002, 09:40 AM

hey gle the sti is coming to the us ligit by subaru and the evo7 is coming as well. so now you have two new otions.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by maximum3rdgen
hey gle the sti is coming to the us ligit by subaru and the evo7 is coming as well. so now you have two new otions.
Actually, it's the Evo 8..and this was a year back and I really wanted a car with the steering wheel on the right side. It would've been really cool.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:46 PM

If i was the spoiled kid, then i would wait for the G35 sedan to come out with the 6 speed next year!!!! I was told it will be around Febraury!!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator

BS meter peggin' to the extreme. Yeah I hope I'm detecting some sarcasm.
no i am serious.. too many little kids with High powered sports cars.. i think a person shouldn't drive a high powered sports car until they have at least 6 years of driving experience under their belt..

i see the stories in Atlanta posted alot
Old 09-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by SprintMax

no i am serious.. too many little kids with High powered sports cars.. i think a person shouldn't drive a high powered sports car until they have at least 6 years of driving experience under their belt..

i see the stories in Atlanta posted alot
I don't know man Maxima still have a lot of power unless you get a 4th Gen hehe....I'm thinkin' a Buick Roadmaster would be a good car for this bloke. Naww I personally believe that teens should have a car the handles really really ridicously good and has just enough power to get it around. Oh and should be really sturdy.

Old 09-22-2002, 12:56 PM

i think a person shouldn't drive a high powered sports car until they have at least 6 years of driving experience under their belt..
only ticket i ever got was in a minivan. only accident was in the s4 (not even my fault). nothing ever in the Z.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:58 PM

I don't know man Maxima still have a lot of power unless you get a 4th Gen hehe....I'm thinkin' a Buick Roadmaster would be a good car for this bloke. Naww I personally believe that teens should have a car the handles really really ridicously good and has just enough power to get it around. Oh and should be really sturdy.
your profile says you were born in 1986, that means you like just got your liscence. who are you to say he should get a roadmaster. stop hating and be happy for the guy.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:00 PM

your profile says you were born in 1986, that means you like just got your liscence. who are you to say he should get a roadmaster. stop hating and be happy for the guy.
hahaha....1986! That's a joke.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:02 PM

hahaha....1986! That's a joke.
im not trying to talk ****. i was born in 1985. i just dont like stereotypes.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Administrator

i am talkign about single turbo supra's.. upgraded turbo VR4 .. single turbo rx7's, cobras... f body's.. vettes.. high powered //M's and AMG's..

and the Z has the potential to get up there with the mods it will have.. so i am saying.. geta 2k2 maxima.. the most he will probably get it to is 13 seconds.. still not that bad..
Old 09-22-2002, 01:07 PM

im not trying to talk ****. i was born in 1985. i just dont like stereotypes.
lol..i was kidding around too! I was also born in 1985. I turn 17 on October 3rd. Get my license on the 11th.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Maxima06071

hey you big poopy head...

Old 09-22-2002, 01:10 PM

i am talkign about single turbo supra's.. upgraded turbo VR4 .. single turbo rx7's, cobras... f body's.. vettes.. high powered //M's and AMG's..

and the Z has the potential to get up there with the mods it will have.. so i am saying.. geta 2k2 maxima.. the most he will probably get it to is 13 seconds.. still not that bad..
i agree. the maxima is more practical but, as someone mentioned earlier, i think you should enjoy sports cars at a younger age, before you are forced to get bigger cars, that is, if you are responsible enough to handle them.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:12 PM

lol..i was kidding around too! I was also born in 1985. I turn 17 on October 3rd. Get my license on the 11th.
get your liscence senior year!! that sucks yo.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:15 PM

get your liscence senior year!! that sucks yo.
The worst part about it is that I still have restrictions on it. I dont get my fully unrestricted license until I am 18. That's Freshman year of college! I can't legally have more than 1 other person in the car with me with my "graduated license" (the 17 license) DAMN NJ! Want to know when this thing actually began? For people born on January 1,1985 and after.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:20 PM

to bring this thread back on track, if your mom is willing to spend around 30k for a car i would definetly get something other than a maxima or a z.

some food for thought:
-BMW M-coupe (or roadster if you like that crap) ~30k used
-Honda S2000 ~30k with extremely low miles
-like people said, evo 8 or sti both ~30k new
-Audi S4 ~30k used
-Porche Boxter ~30k used
-Cheverolet Camaro SS ~30k used
-Ford Mustang Cobra ~30k used

i've driven every car listed except the cobra, evo 8, and sti, the last two for obvious reasons. I'm not saying you should get any of these but if you are getting like 30k to blow why waste it on a nissan that is so common? have a little fun
Old 09-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Administrator

i agree. the maxima is more practical but, as someone mentioned earlier, i think you should enjoy sports cars at a younger age, before you are forced to get bigger cars, that is, if you are responsible enough to handle them.
it always seems that way doesn't it..
Old 09-22-2002, 01:29 PM

i would go with something more along the lines of a wrx (sti) or regular or an evo. the allwheel drive will be great. if u want to go used an S4 is a good car, but i would take a new 350Z over an s2000 or used s4
Old 09-22-2002, 01:57 PM

Stop Suggesting Other Cars! I will tell you what "HE" Wants. "HE" Wants a G35 Coupe.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Maxima06071

Stop Suggesting Other Cars! I will tell you what "HE" Wants. "HE" Wants a G35 Coupe.
hahaha...No Way man "HE" want's an EVO 8!

Old 09-22-2002, 03:16 PM

hahaha...No Way man "HE" want's an EVO 8!
"HE" would only want an EVO 8 if they change this front grill.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:13 PM

Thats right, G35 coupe, $36k loaded, that is my next car I think in 2 years.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

naw man i'm not p!ssed.....actually i was intrigued by it all. Someone made a comment about me not learning a lesson if everything is handed to me. Well i do know the value of it all. Hey i worked very damn hard to earn it all. You know school helping out even in my job. I do not take everything for granted. well anyways....you guys brought up some more interesthing coices like the wrx,evo,cobra,g35.....damn this was supposed to be a simple graduation present!!!! i got to think it over some more....thanks guys for your support.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by redrum85

naw man i'm not p!ssed.....actually i was intrigued by it all. Someone made a comment about me not learning a lesson if everything is handed to me. Well i do know the value of it all. Hey i worked very damn hard to earn it all. You know school helping out even in my job. I do not take everything for granted. well anyways....you guys brought up some more interesthing coices like the wrx,evo,cobra,g35.....damn this was supposed to be a simple graduation present!!!! i got to think it over some more....thanks guys for your support.
wrx sti By the way...I was only kidding around.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Maxima06071

"HE" would only want an EVO 8 if they change this front grill.
NOOOO That can't be the front EWWWWW I'm going into a frothing seizure......maybe he should get a G35...only if the EVO end up looking like that though....and he doesn't feel like changing the stock with a Blitz of Bomex front.Oh And I agree with GLE02 WRX STi all the way!

only if the Evo8 ends up looking ugly, other wise Evolution 8 brotha'