General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Someone tried to break in....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 02:48 PM

Someone tried to break in....

I'm sooooo ticked off right now Someone tried to break in my car last nite. This afternoon, I go towards my car and I see my rear passenger glass all shatered, not yet in pieces. Looks like they tried to put a screwdriver into the window and tried to unlock the door, cause the glass is shifted a little bit to the right. Good thing I got the Viper 800 installed last week. The car was parked on my driveway too, the nerve of these people!!! If I see them in action, hell is gonna break loose. Sorry guys, just needed to vent out....
Old 10-02-2002, 03:11 PM

Re: Someone tried to break in....

Originally posted by JerzMax
I'm sooooo ticked off right now Someone tried to break in my car last nite. This afternoon, I go towards my car and I see my rear passenger glass all shatered, not yet in pieces. Looks like they tried to put a screwdriver into the window and tried to unlock the door, cause the glass is shifted a little bit to the right. Good thing I got the Viper 800 installed last week. The car was parked on my driveway too, the nerve of these people!!! If I see them in action, hell is gonna break loose. Sorry guys, just needed to vent out....
sorry to hear about that man. Hopefully they dont mess with your car again.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:13 PM

the alarm didnt go off?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Nismo
the alarm didnt go off?
I'm not sure cause it was late at nite and I was fast asleep. When they cracked the window, it probably made a small noise, not enough to set the alarm off.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:10 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

I'm not sure cause it was late at nite and I was fast asleep. When they cracked the window, it probably made a small noise, not enough to set the alarm off.

set the sensitivity as high as it can go.. and only turn your alarm on when you can actually hear it..like at your house..not when your inside a mall
Old 10-03-2002, 11:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think they used a window punch..thats the tool you use on the corner of the window..and the whole thing spiderwebs. The impact from that probably wont set off the shock sensor.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by bags533

set the sensitivity as high as it can go.. and only turn your alarm on when you can actually hear it..like at your house..not when your inside a mall
Thats a good idea but even at the mall or where ever, cars get breaken into so you can never be so sure. I'll bump up the sesitivity level a bit higher but not to a point where slamming the door or car passing by sets it off.

I don't think the alarm went off, so my question is, what scared them away since they didn't get into my car. When they cracked the window that scared em off??
Old 10-03-2002, 12:30 PM

When you unlocked your car right after the incident, did you notice if it beeped more than usual? That's how you know if the alarm went off or not.

For example (I have the Viper 550), when I unlock my car normally, it beeps twice. If my alarm were to go off, the next time I go to unlock it, it might beep four times, or five times. The number of times that it beeps is the code.

For example, four beeps might mean the shock sensor. If you have your manual for the alarm and you know how many times it beeped, than look in it for the code and you'll know exactly what set the alarm off.

Hope this helps,
-Nick
Old 10-03-2002, 12:33 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Thats a good idea but even at the mall or where ever, cars get breaken into so you can never be so sure. I'll bump up the sesitivity level a bit higher but not to a point where slamming the door or car passing by sets it off.

I don't think the alarm went off, so my question is, what scared them away since they didn't get into my car. When they cracked the window that scared em off??
you should have a waring chirp..like 4 chirps of the alarm "arm/disarm" sound

and yeah that is why I said only turn it on when you can hear it... even if you have an alarm that won't stop the smash and grab kids when your car is somewhere like the mall..where nobody cares about a car alarm

and yes the alarm that goes off when the wind blows to hard is a little annoying.. but mine is like that... and I normally turn it on when I can hear it

but come to think of it.. I do not think they would try again if they were scared off by your alarm..or they might try and catch your ride when your out and can't hear the alarm
Old 10-03-2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Nick97SE
When you unlocked your car right after the incident, did you notice if it beeped more than usual? That's how you know if the alarm went off or not.

For example (I have the Viper 550), when I unlock my car normally, it beeps twice. If my alarm were to go off, the next time I go to unlock it, it might beep four times, or five times. The number of times that it beeps is the code.

For example, four beeps might mean the shock sensor. If you have your manual for the alarm and you know how many times it beeped, than look in it for the code and you'll know exactly what set the alarm off.

Hope this helps,
-Nick
I didn't notice how many times it beeped, I think I unarmed it silently. Then again, I don't remember, I was just in shock when I saw my window, I couldn't believe it. I tapped the window and I did get the warning message, "Protected by Viper, please stand back," so I'm pretty sure now that the warning message went off which scared them away...
Old 10-03-2002, 05:31 PM

Man that's messed up!!!!It's bad enough they tried to take your car but right in front of your home. Man what nerve so people have. Thank God they didn't get your car.