General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who wants to help catch a thief?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
dko
duck and cover

Originally posted by lophix

local pd will ask the amount of the sale if you are not in that state and if they deem it too small an amount, they'll tell you they can't help you.
i had to do this because a customer of ours managed to get something delivered using someone else's credit card. I called his local PD, spoke with an officer and had them go over to his house. the merchandise was in my hands 2 days later. the total purchase ammount was $300.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:24 PM

just wondering, if this person has done so much wrong, why are you hiding his name? i wanna know who it is
Old 10-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by clee130
I will only offer this bit of information. It is an individual person we are dealing with. It's is not Bob and Bob's company.

Bob said, "I have an Acme widget to sell." Org member said, "I'll buy your Acme widget, here is $1000." Bob never sends the part.
I'm going to clarify and expand on this example before I go to the gym.

Bob did not sell just widgets. He sold something else to somebody else. Bob did not sell his own brand of products. It is not a company we are dealing with.

Again, Bob is an individual that sold individual different things to different people.

Hope that answers some questions.

I will address the other issues when I get back from the gym.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:29 PM
lcf

Take him to small claims court. It's rather simple. You go to court and fill out the appropriate forms. This is where you write how much "BOB" stole from you. Next, and this is where it could get tricky, "BOB" has to have the papers served to him. If you know his home/work address this shouldn't be very difficult. But in many cases, theives try not to give out their home/work information and stay in hiding for quite some time. Also keep in mind the papers must be served by an officer of the court. You have to hire one. (They're called constables). Usually you only pay for the miles they have to drive. It's not going to be an absurd amount of money. Don't worry. After the papers are served... it's smooth sailing. He has to appear in court on the date of the summons and if he doesn't he'll get toasted by the Judge. I don't know how it works since you fella's have multiple cases against him. I'd suggest someone take a drive down to the courthouse and speak with one of the prosecuting attorneys or a magistrate and ask them for advice.

The prepaid legal plans I sell don't cover suing people. Coverage is only if YOU are sued. However, they will write "BOB" a letter strongly encouraging him to fork over the money. If it does go to court... I could manage to get you .org boys a 25% discount from the firms normal hourly rate.

Good luck.
Chris
Old 10-10-2002, 05:30 PM

hey i have an idea...dunno if it's worth it, but if we are going to be responsible on the .org, we might as well partake in it. I figured that when most of this fraud crap happens, people usually cant get a hold of the fraudster. So i suggest we turn in our names, home addresses, office addresses (or in my case, school address) and phone numbers to moderators on the .org BEFORE you can put stuff up for sale. They can request more information like a copy of a dl. Personally, i would do that and expect everyone else who intends taking part in sales and purchases of stuff on the org to do the same. After all, when you know that the moderators have your dl number, you will think twice about ripping someone off. This will be sent as pms and will be kept highly confidential by the moderators of the org. That way if anything goes down, people are easily within reach, and can contact the moderators who, after confirming that there has been a so called "rip-off" they can release full information to the victim. But this will be after a set amount of time like no contact within 3weeks after the end of the transaction.
Also, mobilizing people in the same area as the fraudster to go hunting for him will help too.
Of course, this is just an idea.

oh and by the way, i would advice everyone NOT to use usps money orders; Chances that they will refund them to you in the event of a fraud are close to nil. Thats from experience.
Sounds like a good idea but that might be work the moderators don't want to undertake. It would be easy for someone to create a fake id or doctor something up on the pc (especially with all the great photoshoppers we have here )Next thing you know, we'll be doing background checks
Old 10-10-2002, 05:35 PM

How long has it been exactly?? Cause i remember when i was selling clear corners and they got backordered, people didnt recieve them until a good 4-8 weeks after.........but i didnt have any intention of stealing anyones money......maybe "bob" might be facing something similar???
Old 10-10-2002, 05:42 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
How long has it been exactly?? Cause i remember when i was selling clear corners and they got backordered, people didnt recieve them until a good 4-8 weeks after.........but i didnt have any intention of stealing anyones money......maybe "bob" might be facing something similar???

no that is not the case...

you are legit.. he is not
Old 10-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I think members from east coast know who it is. *hint hint*
Old 10-10-2002, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by lcf
Take him to small claims court. It's rather simple. You go to court and fill out the appropriate forms. This is where you write how much "BOB" stole from you. Next, and this is where it could get tricky, "BOB" has to have the papers served to him. If you know his home/work address this shouldn't be very difficult. But in many cases, theives try not to give out their home/work information and stay in hiding for quite some time. Also keep in mind the papers must be served by an officer of the court. You have to hire one. (They're called constables). Usually you only pay for the miles they have to drive. It's not going to be an absurd amount of money. Don't worry. After the papers are served... it's smooth sailing. He has to appear in court on the date of the summons and if he doesn't he'll get toasted by the Judge. I don't know how it works since you fella's have multiple cases against him. I'd suggest someone take a drive down to the courthouse and speak with one of the prosecuting attorneys or a magistrate and ask them for advice.

The prepaid legal plans I sell don't cover suing people. Coverage is only if YOU are sued. However, they will write "BOB" a letter strongly encouraging him to fork over the money. If it does go to court... I could manage to get you .org boys a 25% discount from the firms normal hourly rate.

Good luck.
Chris
How does this work if the seller is out of state. I'm trying to get my money back from a botched up auction as well. The USPS did jack $hit for it (just sent a warning letter to him and then told me they can't do anything). The FBI (internet fraud division I guess) has done jack as well. The money owed to me is $455.00. This has been an ongoing battle for me since June. I need major help with this. Also, I have an address but what happens if it's a box or something? Can the officer still send the claim?
Since it seems like you do legal stuff I'm asking for you help. Please PM or e-mail me. I wanna get my money back.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:48 PM

I think members from east coast know who it is.
Who is it? I dont see a problem in posting the guy's .org name. If he ripped a bunch off people off I think the rest of us should know his name in case he comes back or something.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Administrator

clee is at the gym.. stop posting
Old 10-10-2002, 08:09 PM
RBa

Originally posted by SprintMax
clee is at the gym.. stop posting
Hey are we talking about yoitsok, AKA ChimpDJ, AKA A33se, AKA yoitsnotok, AKA HisMonkeyness? He ripped me off too!.. I played him in handball for 18in tires and won.. This happened about 3 months ago and he still hasn't given me my tires..

WTF!!! I know where he lives!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:24 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by RBa

Hey are we talking about yoitsok, AKA ChimpDJ, AKA A33se, AKA yoitsnotok, AKA HisMonkeyness? He ripped me off too!.. I played him in handball for 18in tires and won.. This happened about 3 months ago and he still hasn't given me my tires..

yea! thats the focker!!!

i gave him over 3 Grand to make me a custom turbo! its been 1 week so far and nothing!! NOTHING AT ALL! WTF.. dude says it has to be "custom fabricated" yeah.. okay there, fabricated my a$$!!!

last time i wanted to go to the PA meet, i live in fockin NY.. i went with him to get tires early that morning and then head to PA for the meet... i had to wait OVER 4 hours just to get tires! not only that, but him and the salesman made me end up getting brand new rims with those tires.. WTF all i wanted were better tires!!!

i also purchased an HID kit from him, only one side would turn on so i asked him to fix it.. he made me wait a whole month just to change the relay, and he made me buy him dinner too!!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
Demonic MAX

The same guy who sold me that intake?
I feel real lucky I didn't get scammed, to think I was gonna get the same turbo system like you two were. At least he didn't try to sell me on that turbo system, I knew he was up to no good when he asked for cash up front. You guys trust him too much, and you two shelled out the cash to him, and it has been a while.
I didn't know he did all this scamming before I was introduced to him, had I known, I would have beat his *** down with my Louisville Slugger. Now that I know, I think I'll take my intake off, and throw it through the window of his car.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Mike H.

How does this work if the seller is out of state. I'm trying to get my money back from a botched up auction as well. The USPS did jack $hit for it (just sent a warning letter to him and then told me they can't do anything). The FBI (internet fraud division I guess) has done jack as well. The money owed to me is $455.00. This has been an ongoing battle for me since June. I need major help with this. Also, I have an address but what happens if it's a box or something? Can the officer still send the claim?
Since it seems like you do legal stuff I'm asking for you help. Please PM or e-mail me. I wanna get my money back.
unfortunately, if you cant go there in person or get someone from the org or elsewhere to make an appearance on your behalf, then you're pretty much out.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by Demonic MAX
The same guy who sold me that intake?....Now that I know, I think I'll take my intake off, and throw it through the window of his car.
You guys are nothin but trouble.

Brian
Old 10-10-2002, 10:15 PM

ok to those people that paid credit card.. i think their CC company will protect them and reimburse the money lost to a hostile merchant..i got reimbursed after not coming to an agreement with the merchant and got to keep the goods too!
Also what Bob is doing is mail fraud, using the USPS to steal or scam from people.. contacting the USPS would be an option, as long as you know where Bob is.
Contacting the FBI and getting some feedback from them would be an option too. since state lines have been crossed, it is in their jurisdiction...however, the FBI might be a little busy searching for snipers, terrorists, and illegal immigrants in airports. but still worth the call..

taking bob by the hair and squeezing his pinky finger in a vise until his finger nail pops off like a bottle cap, AND getting your moneys back sounds like much more viable solution to me
Old 10-10-2002, 10:16 PM

Ok ... let me say this yet again: I am not going to confirm or deny about the identity of Bob. Or any information about Bob other than the fact that he is an individual and not part of a company. So you can quit asking, "Is it so-and-so?" because I'm not going to say yes or no.

Why don't I post his name? Because there are many people who scammed Org members. I am trying to not say that one person's case is more important than another's. I realize that I had to choose a battle and I decided to choose this one. I am trying not to play favorites and say, "Sorry, your case doesn't deserve my attention at this point." In fact, I'm trying to help out yet another member of the forum that has gotten scammed recently also. But I'm only one person and I can only do so much.

The purpose of this thread, despite the possibly misleading title, was to get information on how I could possibly procede in getting people's money back. I said I was gathering information and that's where I am at now. Gathering information. I haven't hired Johnnie Cochran yet, I haven't filed any paperwork yet, I haven't gone down to the courthouse yet ... hell, I haven't even received the emails from the people that had their money stolen yet!

Thanks to everyone who provided good advice. I have several friends who are lawyers and am going to ask for their advice this weekend.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Demonic MAX

Ok ... let me say this yet again: I am not going to confirm or deny about the identity of Bob. Or any information about Bob other than the fact that he is an individual and not part of a company. So you can quit asking, "Is it so-and-so?" because I'm not going to say yes or no.

Why don't I post his name? Because there are many people who scammed Org members. I am trying to not say that one person's case is more important than another's. I realize that I had to choose a battle and I decided to choose this one. I am trying not to play favorites and say, "Sorry, your case doesn't deserve my attention at this point." In fact, I'm trying to help out yet another member of the forum that has gotten scammed recently also. But I'm only one person and I can only do so much.

The purpose of this thread, despite the possibly misleading title, was to get information on how I could possibly procede in getting people's money back. I said I was gathering information and that's where I am at now. Gathering information. I haven't hired Johnnie Cochran yet, I haven't filed any paperwork yet, I haven't gone down to the courthouse yet ... hell, I haven't even received the emails from the people that had their money stolen yet!

Thanks to everyone who provided good advice. I have several friends who are lawyers and am going to ask for their advice this weekend.
Hey if it is yoitsok, AKA ChimpDJ, AKA A33se, AKA yoitsnotok, AKA HisMonkeyness, I know where he lives so if someone wants to parttake in a minibeat, I'm down.

Old 10-10-2002, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by BOZOnPJs
ok to those people that paid credit card.. i think their CC company will protect them and reimburse the money lost to a hostile merchant..i got reimbursed after not coming to an agreement with the merchant and got to keep the goods too!
Also what Bob is doing is mail fraud, using the USPS to steal or scam from people.. contacting the USPS would be an option, as long as you know where Bob is.
Contacting the FBI and getting some feedback from them would be an option too. since state lines have been crossed, it is in their jurisdiction...however, the FBI might be a little busy searching for snipers, terrorists, and illegal immigrants in airports. but still worth the call..

taking bob by the hair and squeezing his pinky finger in a vise until his finger nail pops off like a bottle cap, AND getting your moneys back sounds like much more viable solution to me
Let me tell you, USPS does jack!!! All they do is send a warning letter for the seller to contact the buyer and if nothing happens you're $hit ouf of luck. I just went through it. And yeah, with the FBI, they are too busy doing more important things (I hope that they catch that sniper bastard!!!)
Old 10-10-2002, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by ToYLeT902

yea! thats the focker!!!

i gave him over 3 Grand to make me a custom turbo! its been 1 week so far and nothing!! NOTHING AT ALL! WTF.. dude says it has to be "custom fabricated" yeah.. okay there, fabricated my a$$!!!

last time i wanted to go to the PA meet, i live in fockin NY.. i went with him to get tires early that morning and then head to PA for the meet... i had to wait OVER 4 hours just to get tires! not only that, but him and the salesman made me end up getting brand new rims with those tires.. WTF all i wanted were better tires!!!

i also purchased an HID kit from him, only one side would turn on so i asked him to fix it.. he made me wait a whole month just to change the relay, and he made me buy him dinner too!!
I hope your not serious.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
You have got to be kidding right, you and RBa and Yo are all chums from around the way.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:54 PM
GoldenGlory

Originally posted by RBa

hey can i join in too ...the bastard told me he was goin to install my coilovers well over 6 months ago....

my car is still laying on 4 bricks... with my stock suspension out

wtf !

Old 10-11-2002, 12:14 AM

Is it "Bob the builder"?
Old 10-11-2002, 12:37 AM

In response to what ToYLeT902 said, sorry to say but i think you're a dumba$$ to give out so much money, and after NOT getting what you wanted, spent MORE to get what you didnt need. Sheesh. Could you be my friend? I'd only help myself out to your bottomless pocket of cash.

Clee, It all depends on the situation that the people have found themselves, and if they are at all willing to go the full distance to get their money, by spending even more than it's worth. An option you have is to gather as many willing victims, let them contribute about $100 each, and if you can get enough victims to raise enough cash to pay a lawyer who will go through the process for them all. This will involve filing as many as 3 claims per victim (you can conjure up as many as the lawyer sees fit). The ifcc, fbi or local police will not do anything at all unless you have a lawyer get involved and be willing to go the distance.
As far as mail fraud goes, the USPS is a joke. Postal Inspectors are in charge of fraud cases, but they usually dont do anything about it, unless there have been numerous complaints. It does help though to get paperwork that proves that thepostal inspectors have been notified and are aware and also agree that it is mail fraud. Then and then only do you have a full stack of evidence to win the case, get the money back and possibly jail the person.

well, that was a mouthful.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:26 AM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

Let's just shoot the bastard
Old 10-11-2002, 03:27 AM
JET Speed Lab

In response to what ToYLeT902 said, sorry to say but i think you're a dumba$$ to give out so much money, and after NOT getting what you wanted, spent MORE to get what you didnt need. Sheesh. Could you be my friend? I'd only help myself out to your bottomless pocket of cash.
my lawyer would like to speak to your lawyer. this is all he has to say right now....
Old 10-11-2002, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by RBa

Hey are we talking about yoitsok, AKA ChimpDJ, AKA A33se, AKA yoitsnotok, AKA HisMonkeyness? He ripped me off too!..

uhm

you and toylet are joking right?
yeah....you guys must be joking.........
Old 10-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Demonic MAX

Originally posted by acMAX

uhm

you and toylet are joking right?
yeah....you guys must be joking.........

Old 10-11-2002, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by RBa

Thanks for letting us know who "Bob" is!
Old 10-11-2002, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo

Thanks for letting us know who "Bob" is!

Last time I checked, I started this thread and I haven't said who Bob is.

I didn't deny or confirm Bob's identity so what anybody else said might or might not be true. I'm certainly not saying whether is or isn't.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:23 AM
JET Speed Lab

Last time I checked, I started this thread and I haven't said who Bob is.

I didn't deny or confirm Bob's identity so what anybody else said might or might not be true. I'm certainly not saying whether is or isn't.
just say it.. u kno everybody knows who YOU have beef with.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:27 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

shelling out $3k in cash or whatever w/o a written contract is stupid. that's just your bad when it comes down to money. ALways ALWAYS cover yourself prior to any sale.

btw. in some states, email is considered legal proof.

as far as the identity of "bob".. calvin, really tho. maybe soon enough you will let us know who he really is so we dont have to get "jacked" by him.

sort of a buyer beware. i mean. if its really a problem then yes. i can understand the backorder issue, but if its not a supply issue and he just jacked a whole bunch of money (i.e. think roadbeast) yea we as a community should have the right to know.

just. like how they have sex offenders posted living in your community, we should have the punks that rip people off known and a warning out for their devious actions.

my $0.02
Old 10-11-2002, 12:38 PM
Demonic MAX

I may have taken this too far, but I have talked to Toylet and Rba about my late night activity. We were supposed to meet yoitsok on Franny Lew after work, but he never showed. I have been emailed by another member who has been scammed. I snapped. I went to my home, and took off the custom intake yoitsok made for my 2001, I reinstalled my stock box. I drove by his house, and saw his Maxima and Pathfinder in the driveway. I threw the piping into the Maximas windshield shattering it. I took my bat and destroyed his headlamps on his Maxima, but by accident I swung too hard and dented his Pathfinder's fender. I dropped the bat, as lights went on, and I drove off. I could hear him screaming as loud as he could. I parked around his block and called Toylet. Rba and Toylet met me up at Dunkin Donuts nearby, and I told them what happened. I was contacted today by the 111th Precinct this morning. I have been formally charged w/ vandalizing yoitsok's car, and I am being sued. I would like Clee to contact me, so I can get some information about what he has done to support my case against him. I didn't think I could behave like this, but I appologize to everyone, including yoitsok, who is most likely reading this.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:46 PM
i SeE what you did therE

I may have taken this too far, but I have talked to Toylet and Rba about my late night activity. We were supposed to meet yoitsok on Franny Lew after work, but he never showed. I have been emailed by another member who has been scammed. I snapped. I went to my home, and took off the custom intake yoitsok made for my 2001, I reinstalled my stock box. I drove by his house, and saw his Maxima and Pathfinder in the driveway. I threw the piping into the Maximas windshield shattering it. I took my bat and destroyed his headlamps on his Maxima, but by accident I swung too hard and dented his Pathfinder's fender. I dropped the bat, as lights went on, and I drove off. I could hear him screaming as loud as he could. I parked around his block and called Toylet. Rba and Toylet met me up at Dunkin Donuts nearby, and I told them what happened. I was contacted today by the 111th Precinct this morning. I have been formally charged w/ vandalizing yoitsok's car, and I am being sued. I would like Clee to contact me, so I can get some information about what he has done to support my case against him. I didn't think I could behave like this, but I appologize to everyone, including yoitsok, who is most likely reading this.
once again we do not know who bob is(well, actually i do).. so stop telling us you sob stories.. post them in a new thread..
Old 10-11-2002, 12:53 PM

i've been scammed too, by the same guy as nealoc, it wasn't too much money, but it's the principle of being a honest person. So if someone wants to roll where everyone is pretty sure he is, i'm down......
Old 10-11-2002, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by acMAX

I guess this means no Mini-Beat huh....

oh well.....as long as he gets whats coming to him....
Trick-or-Treat, smell my feat, you're in line for a mini-beat!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:57 PM
BugNout

You mean his V6 altima wasn't in the driveway (oh sorry forgot he wrecked it after one day and gave it back) or his Q45?

Better watch out! He may show up at your house with a Battalion of Marines (or whatever) like he did at Stillen Headquarters in California?

Old 10-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Demonic MAX

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

once again we do not know who bob is(well, actually i do).. so stop telling us you sob stories.. post them in a new thread..
Who else could it be, you know how many emails I recieved telling me to ream him a new one? Even Rba and Toylet know what's going on, but since they see him every weekend, they trust him. What they mentioned is true, but meant no harm to yoitsok. He will give back toylet back his money, and is gonna get RBa's tires.
He doesn't know what to do about Prodeje79, cause he is having it out with him via emails. Chinaonnitrous has been contacted, and the wheels are sitting in his room, waiting to be shipped. He paid for my HKS exhaust from Cbass who was selling it in the ForSale Forum. He dropped charges, but I have to pay for new headlamps and a windshield. The fender dent wasn't too bad.
At least he can be a man about what he has done wrong. He made an agreement with the webmaster to not come back to maxima.org, so he is not trying to re, re, re, register on to respond. Granted it took a while, but he is NO LONGER SELLING ANYTHING. He works for a great company now. He recently subleased a nice 1000sq ft place here in LIC, and he does alot of machine work on weekends. Redmaxpa, he told me that he sold you his STILLEN RSB, and you forked the money over way in advance of you picking it up in NY, when you and Tilleys picked up the VQ30DET. He mentioned to me about DanNY, Confused, and alot of others who had trouble free transactions. He has shipped items out of state during his UR UDP GD, and he was late on a few items, but he got it done. I did some searches at RBa's house the othernight about Roadbeast(RoastBeef, haha Rba.) That guy makes yoitsok look like a petty thief. I understand that he even reregistered under another name, and was under ALL your noses, yet no one took action. I've already done enough typing, enough actions on my behalf, and honestly he ISN'T AS BAD AS OTHERS on HERE. Clee, he doesn't understand, why you stabbed him in the back, after he took the time to dismantle your car after Feb 15 2002 incident on Deer Park Ave. He took care of everything, and even boxed it up neatly for you, even repainting your clear/red tails, and salvaging what he could. He even found other items, and disposed of it. I heard you were close to Rba and Toylet as well. I did watch several videos from Rbas house that you made. I don't even understand, why this post, so deliberate in its intentions. You might as well say his name, HOGAN. You might as well give his ADDRESS, and post it at this point. We all know its him, there is hardly an doubt given the variables stated in the first post and the rest of the posts. MR NISMO, he states the following verbatim, I never dealt didly sh*t with you, so what's up with the sh*t talk, you dumb f*ck.
SWEETSOUNDS2001, to you verbatim, Edit my f*cken name out of that f*cken retarded post, in ForSale, I tried to do you a favor, and sh*t f*cken happens, if you still want those f*cken Tokico sh*t shocks, please f*cken email me, you deek, by the way, who buys f*cken 2K2 wheels at 2,200 to close an auction, you are a f*cken scam artist yourself, I bet all your f*cken auctions are f*cken rigged, you are a real thief.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:27 PM
i SeE what you did therE

you do your homework.. i will give you that.

yes i have had transactions with hogan. nothing bad. he was always busniess like every time..

i did fork over money early.. cause he was going to ship.. it was going to cost more than he thought and i was coming up there so i told him to hold it till i get there.

sorry for everyones misfortune..

Quick Reply: Who wants to help catch a thief?