General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just Installed Injen CAI

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 09:49 AM
The Definitive AE Master

Just Installed Injen CAI

Just installed Injen CAI
I just put my Injen CAI in on sunday the 13th, here is a clip that 1fstmax took for me when it's revving. I will post a clip on how it sounds like a week later when I get my digicam.

warning: clip is 10.3 mb

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291250521

it is number 38. Click download button underneath the pic, then right click the download button on the pop up screen, save target as... etc
Old 10-15-2002, 11:27 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Just Installed Injen CAI

URL no workie... please fix it. I'd love to see/hear this.

Originally posted by Larrio
Just installed Injen CAI
I just put my Injen CAI in on sunday the 13th, here is a clip that 1fstmax took for me when it's revving. I will post a clip on how it sounds like a week later when I get my digicam.

Click on the link, right click on the download button, save target as... etc.

warning: clip is 10.3 mb

http://www.imagestation.com/video/p...l?id=4247411601
Old 10-15-2002, 11:34 AM

Re: Re: Just Installed Injen CAI

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
URL no workie... please fix it. I'd love to see/hear this.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:34 AM
The Definitive AE Master

fixed the link... try it now
Old 10-15-2002, 12:15 PM

It works! That intake sounds and looks good!!! I had ordered a PR CAI, but just canceled it cause I ordered it a month ago and they havent shipped it yet. Im prolly gonna go with Ingen!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:43 PM

The clip is too big for me to download right now, (I'm at work). I assume when you say revving, you meant you are in neutral revving, right? Injen sounds even better when you're in 2nd gear just punch it @ 2.5K rpm.

Tifosi
Old 10-15-2002, 01:07 PM

It works again. Its hard to tell how it compares with the others from a video, but it looks nice
Old 10-15-2002, 05:01 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally posted by Tifosi
The clip is too big for me to download right now, (I'm at work). I assume when you say revving, you meant you are in neutral revving, right? Injen sounds even better when you're in 2nd gear just punch it @ 2.5K rpm.

Tifosi
yea.. I was revving it in PARK with the ebrake on. But I will post a video of 1st and 2nd in action for people to get an idea of how stock and sleeper it is before 3500 rpms once I get my digicam this wednesday
Old 10-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Here's a video of Injen on a 2K2

Taken from inside on a camera mount in a 2K2 Auto with windows/sunroof closed.

Here it is.

Shaydz
Old 10-15-2002, 09:02 PM
The Definitive AE Master

stop stealing my thunder.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Re: Here's a video of Injen on a 2K2

Originally posted by Shaydz
Jeez, do all 2k2 autos suffer from the same 2nd gear lag? The 2k2 rental I had did the same thing. That's horrible for the tranny to lag like that (lots-o-heat). The intake sounds really good though.

Dave
Old 10-15-2002, 09:27 PM

Re: Re: Here's a video of Injen on a 2K2

Originally posted by Dave B

Jeez, do all 2k2 autos suffer from the same 2nd gear lag? The 2k2 rental I had did the same thing. That's horrible for the tranny to lag like that (lots-o-heat). The intake sounds really good though.

Dave
I was just about to say that, my tranny shifts faster and how did u mount the camera like that??? got pics of the camera mount?
Old 10-15-2002, 09:56 PM

Re: Here's a video of Injen on a 2K2

Here it is.

Shaydz
Nice video.. My intake is louder I think. When I get on it, all I hear is intake roaring and 2nd, 3rd gears chirps. Have not chirped 4th yet
Old 10-16-2002, 06:06 AM

stop stealing my thunder.
Sorry, Larrio (shuffles feet looking at something interesting on the ground) I was just..uh... thought they wanted to hear... I mean ... oops... uh...(whispered) Want me to remove the link?.....

I've got another one. Want me to post it? Hehehehe

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 06:27 AM

from Dave B
I don't know what what going on on that run. It's not usually that bad (in fact it's the first time I've heard it that bad). I'm going to play some tommorow and tape a few runs to see if the cold temps correct it. But yeah, I don't like the lag. At least it winds up now to redline. Before the intake, it only winded out to about 6K.

from CostCoWholesale

I was just about to say that, my tranny shifts faster and how did u mount the camera like that??? got pics of the camera mount?
It was a hell of lot easier than you think. You use the new child seat clip bolts on the rear deck. You remove the clip and mount a standard camera mount extender on top of the spacer (get extender from anywhere they sell cameras - you may have to drill it out for the bolt). I'll take some pics tonight and post them. The cool thing is I can take it off and put it on any 2K2 in about 5 mins.

from Dany

Nice video.. My intake is louder I think. When I get on it, all I hear is intake roaring and 2nd, 3rd gears chirps. Have not chirped 4th yet
YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC? and can break loose on 2nd and 3rd?
That has to be a first. THAT, I'd love to hear a video of.
Have you had a VB mod done or anything?

Again, Larrio, sorry about the ..uh.. thunder ..thing.

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 07:21 AM

YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC? and can break loose on 2nd and 3rd?
That has to be a first. THAT, I'd love to hear a video of.
Have you had a VB mod done or anything?

Ne, I have 6-speed. per my sig.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by Dany

Ne, I have 6-speed. per my sig.
Well, that makes a lot more sense. In that video it sounds like I got a manual with a slipping clutch!

I really like the 6-speed. My buddy, SkyDaver has one and they are FUN to drive. But it doesn't work for me in the traffic I'm in 90% of the time I drive. (Sigh). Plus I'd be spillin grocery bags all the time in my grocery-getter.

Perhaps one day a VB mod and I can spin 2nd and 3rd too! (I crack me up!)

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 AM

is it me or does your injen sound like a franken car?? (shadyz)

can't wait till see the camera mount pics, I want to try it out on the 1/4 dragway this weekend.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
is it more or does your injen sound like a franken car?? (shadyz)

can't wait till see the camera mount pics, I want to try it out on the 1/4 dragway this weekend.
I don't know if it's "more" - just more throatier (if that makes sense). There are folks on the org that have gone from Frankencar to Injen - they'd be the ones to ask.

I'll do a search later for the "extender" I'm talking about so you can see what's involved. It's really so simple that it's embarassing to call it a "mod" to the car.

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 09:29 AM

I don't know if it's "more" - just more throatier (if that makes sense). There are folks on the org that have gone from Frankencar to Injen - they'd be the ones to ask.

I'll do a search later for the "extender" I'm talking about so you can see what's involved. It's really so simple that it's embarassing to call it a "mod" to the car.

Shaydz
sorry I mean "me"
Old 10-16-2002, 09:33 AM

yeah the install and video looks and sounds great. I am happy with mine, unfortunately it's the only engine mod I have done so far. If you want check it out at the link below.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:48 AM

Here's the "extender"

Here's what a simple extender (i.e. flash bracket) looks like

Here's the one I used since I had it hanging around. I just took off the plastic handle stuff and layed it flat.

You drill a hole on the end w/o the camera screw and bolt it to the child sear restrain bolt as I mentioned before (take off the clip).
THen screw your camera on the mount - easy.
It's not really worth it but I might do a writeup.

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

[B]

I don't know what what going on on that run. It's not usually that bad (in fact it's the first time I've heard it that bad). I'm going to play some tommorow and tape a few runs to see if the cold temps correct it. But yeah, I don't like the lag. At least it winds up now to redline. Before the intake, it only winded out to about 6K.
If the tranny is cold, it is definately possible that there is some ECU programming to limit hard shifts until warm up. GM does this on their autos.

The 2K2 SE I rented seemed to do it most everytime I went WOT in 1st and 2nd, BUT the tranny might have cold. I will say this though, the 2K2 auto felt all has strong as my modded 96, prior to the VIM (14.6s@97+mph), until I reached ~70mph. After 70mph is where my car seems to have a bit more legs. With the VIM, it's even stronger. The 2k2 auto is an awesome combo for sure. It seems effortless around town. If Nissan would put a 5 speed auto in there, it would walk a G35.

Dave
Old 10-16-2002, 10:30 AM

If the tranny is cold, it is definately possible that there is some ECU programming to limit hard shifts until warm up. GM does this on their autos.

The 2K2 SE I rented seemed to do it most everytime I went WOT in 1st and 2nd, BUT the tranny might have cold. I will say this though, the 2K2 auto felt all has strong as my modded 96, prior to the VIM (14.6s@97+mph), until I reached ~70mph. After 70mph is where my car seems to have a bit more legs. With the VIM, it's even stronger. The 2k2 auto is an awesome combo for sure. It seems effortless around town. If Nissan would put a 5 speed auto in there, it would walk a G35.

Dave
I always wanted to ask what is that VI people are talking about??

Those are some mad gains. Where do you get it and stuff? I know it is not applicable for my car, but I am just wondering.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:57 AM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally posted by Dany

I always wanted to ask what is that VI people are talking about??

Those are some mad gains. Where do you get it and stuff? I know it is not applicable for my car, but I am just wondering.
VI= variable intake. If you have a brochure of the 5th gen maximas, you will see it in there. My mind seems to have trouble coming up with the words on how it works... maybe someone can help me out?

shadyz: dont' worry about the thunder.. i forgive you. Post up the other vid man!
Old 10-16-2002, 11:02 AM

Another quick 2k2Auto-Injen video

Here it is - real short run to 90. Notice the angle is a little over to the right (moved the mount to the far right bolt).

Shaydz
Old 10-16-2002, 11:28 AM

yea.. I was revving it in PARK with the ebrake on. But I will post a video of 1st and 2nd in action for people to get an idea of how stock and sleeper it is before 3500 rpms once I get my digicam this wednesday
Word is: It pulls hard in reverse.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:37 AM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo

Word is: It pulls hard in reverse.
stop whoring up the post with rumors mr. nismo
we will race in REVERSE this saturday..
Old 10-16-2002, 11:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BBaker025
It works! That intake sounds and looks good!!! I had ordered a PR CAI, but just canceled it cause I ordered it a month ago and they havent shipped it yet. Im prolly gonna go with Ingen!
But where will the cold air come from? Behind the radiator?

someone really didn't think when they designed that thing.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:04 PM

Deezo

Take a look at my site (page 3) I posted a write up about the Injen intake (vs PR intakes), and I also posted this on one of the threads here on the org. If you have opinions, issues, or another point of view then email me.

Larrio
when does you MCC meet? I'm from LA and working in the bay, and I go home very often.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Joeycurl
Deezo

If you have opinions, issues, or another point of view then email me.
Why????

I have the hybrid. Less piping and bends for air to contend with.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by Joeycurl
Deezo

Take a look at my site (page 3) I posted a write up about the Injen intake (vs PR intakes), and I also posted this on one of the threads here on the org. If you have opinions, issues, or another point of view then email me.

Larrio
when does you MCC meet? I'm from LA and working in the bay, and I go home very often.
Check the West Coast Forum under Regional Maximas Group, then click United States and there ya go!
Old 10-17-2002, 12:40 PM

Dave
Dave, you were absolutely correct. I took the video as soon as I left the house and went out my neighborhood.
Late yesterday I drove around about 10 mins then opened it - no lag. Anice smooth (quick) shift that I'm used to. I'll do another video soon (but after it's warmed up).

Shaydz