General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

At Worst, CAI can only be as restrictive as the factory set up, right?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

Nope. It uses the factory airbox and factory intake snorkel along with a K&N filter panel and no resonators.

Dave
Poor Man's intake can be many things...not just that. It is often confused with the OSCAI too. Or even a home-made ram-air kit...

See:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=102082
Old 10-22-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by Str8ridin

Poor Man's intake can be many things...not just that. It is often confused with the OSCAI too. Or even a home-made ram-air kit...

See:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=102082

The link is absolute perfect...I was thinking about doing what you did (the small scoop under the car) to supply my CAI with more air flow. I was thinking that if the CAI has benefits, that it couldn't hurt to have a scoop like that to flow more into the fender well area.

Can you tell me what you used, so I can do that to mine too?
Old 10-22-2002, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

The link is absolute perfect...I was thinking about doing what you did (the small scoop under the car) to supply my CAI with more air flow. I was thinking that if the CAI has benefits, that it couldn't hurt to have a scoop like that to flow more into the fender well area.

Can you tell me what you used, so I can do that to mine too?
It won't help your CAI, because CAI just plain don't work Just kidding...I know your an avid supporter of CAI's, so I had to...

Anyway, I am going to edit that thread with more descriptives and bump it up in an hour or so because I still get PM's asking what I used. If that doesn't help, feel free to PM me...
Old 10-22-2002, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by Str8ridin

It won't help your CAI, because CAI just plain don't work Just kidding...I know your an avid supporter of CAI's, so I had to...

Anyway, I am going to edit that thread with more descriptives and bump it up in an hour or so because I still get PM's asking what I used. If that doesn't help, feel free to PM me...
Thanks. I will try and scrounge up the parts. Really all I'm going to try is the scoop part to flow more air around inside the fenderwell. I'm not going to be able to "ram" it in the filter since I have the K&N one. So a gutter joint and a screw? How did you cut into the hard plastic cover on the car?
Old 10-22-2002, 08:28 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

If you have an intake that can do all three better than the next, you will find the BEST intake. If one intake does 2 out of 3 good, it's not as "good" as the one that does all 3. See the logic? If all the intakes do 2 out of 3 good, then you have to decide which one does the best at which point of the powerband (low end, middle, or top) to suit your needs.

Yes you are correct. Find which ONE you lik ethe best for YOUR application and be

And jaime the CAI works best for me... so scratch what I said about anything else