General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Please read

Hey all how are you? I'm ok this is my first time posting here and I've read and seen a lot of pages real nice cars you guys have . Listen this post is rather rare and I'm sure many of you will laugh or think something stupid after reading it. But I swear I really mean it and am just trying to retrieve some help. Let me start off by saying that I'm 17 years old turning 18 Jan. 10 and I get my license real soon. My parents also live with me (ofcourse lol) and they got good jobs with average salaries but you see they can't really afford a car right now. We had an old car a 1989 Corolla DX but then the transmission got busted and we couldn't afford to get it fixed. I'm just asking you all how you guys financed your cars what it costs you to maintain them etc. I never owned a car never driven many except for my moms Corolla so don't know much bout' the real facts. I research alot on the net and all and prices are kinda high even invoice prices. Hopefully my mom and I will pursue our Maxima purchase this Feb. or March if financial matters permit do you guys have any suggestions. This is really the first time we're formally buying a car and all so I don't want to make it a bad experience. I'm sorry for also making this such a long post but just trying to get some opinions. Cars are something I love so much I remember growing up playing with matchbox cars, going out always naming every car telling my mom or dad about the engine displacement, BHP, etc, etc and unfortunately I'm not one of the lucky ones who can afford a car. But hopefully things will be better in Feb. or March so what do you guys say about the approaches of purchasing one? Thanks a lot!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

No need to post this in more than one forum.