General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

maxima vs. civic SI video

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Ford Only.

I saw a Vortech SI with 10psi with mad bolt ons dyno at 246hp at the wheels. 118hp that is the BS Vortech feeds people and the civic owners believe it. Just like a Y pipe gives you 18hp right?
Old 12-13-2002, 10:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

show me a dyno sheet on a blower that gives 118 crank hp

show me a dyno sheet on a this civic si putting 300 hp

and lastly, gimme a break.. if your friend is running a 300hp civic si, how come it's not all over honda tuning and all the other mags.. you don't see too many of those strutting around.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well I've been following this post and I figure I'll put in my .02. I didn't come here to be flamed so keep it to a minimum.

I personally do not care for Hondas nor Maximas. I am more of an American Car buff. I do however appreciate individual's taste in cars and the performance mods they do. I personally had a 99 GAGT that was Supercharged..etc etc etc. I know of MaximaR34 as do I know of the other 2 cars mentioned (Civic and M3).

I agree that if someone likes civics doesn't mean you should, but certain cars do deserve a bit of respect. The formentioned Civic SI that MaximaR34 is speaking of is extremely fast. I too witnessed this race and the Civic did indeed (As much as I hate to admit it) keep up head to head until the higher speeds of 5th in which the M3 prevailed. As for the driver of the M3, as much as I don't like this little rich boy, I do have to give him credit for doing a good job because he CAN drive. BTW this "Civic" also took a Vette(97ish I wanna say) on the highway.

My whole point here is don't take everything for face value, not all cars should be generalized as rice or slow because of there make and model. My GA was pushing around 260-270hp (Which isn't all that much in the scheme of things)which has no problem taking most of the cars it goes against. I don't like Civics at all but I do give credit where credit is do and this Civic is one to be reckoned with.

Sprintmax if this civic will race you let me know. I'll bring the camera

Otherwise don't flame people because the like another car other than the fabled MAXIMA. Just having a 6cyl vs 4cyl doesn't make you faster.

JD-out
Old 12-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Administrator

what you got? i am thinking my cousin's GS 400 might not be quick enough for chase car.. well i dunno.. we will see when i hear back from the other parties

Originally posted by xxxx jd xxxx
Well I've been following this post and I figure I'll put in my .02. I didn't come here to be flamed so keep it to a minimum.

I personally do not care for Hondas nor Maximas. I am more of an American Car buff. I do however appreciate individual's taste in cars and the performance mods they do. I personally had a 99 GAGT that was Supercharged..etc etc etc. I know of MaximaR34 as do I know of the other 2 cars mentioned (Civic and M3).

I agree that if someone likes civics doesn't mean you should, but certain cars do deserve a bit of respect. The formentioned Civic SI that MaximaR34 is speaking of is extremely fast. I too witnessed this race and the Civic did indeed (As much as I hate to admit it) keep up head to head until the higher speeds of 5th in which the M3 prevailed. As for the driver of the M3, as much as I don't like this little rich boy, I do have to give him credit for doing a good job because he CAN drive. BTW this "Civic" also took a Vette(97ish I wanna say) on the highway.

My whole point here is don't take everything for face value, not all cars should be generalized as rice or slow because of there make and model. My GA was pushing around 260-270hp (Which isn't all that much in the scheme of things)which has no problem taking most of the cars it goes against. I don't like Civics at all but I do give credit where credit is do and this Civic is one to be reckoned with.

Sprintmax if this civic will race you let me know. I'll bring the camera

Otherwise don't flame people because the like another car other than the fabled MAXIMA. Just having a 6cyl vs 4cyl doesn't make you faster.

JD-out
Old 12-13-2002, 10:34 AM

heheh
Old 12-13-2002, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by SprintMax
what you got? i am thinking my cousin's GS 400 might not be quick enough for chase car.. well i dunno.. we will see when i hear back from the other parties

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 now. Shouldn't have a prob keeping up. If not we can always enroll my buddies S/C and Nitrous GA.

Let me know,

JD
Old 12-13-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by maximar34
Actually it has 160 approximate from factory. The charger from vortech ads 118 approximately.Other mods included are apex-i cat back vortech fuel rail system,blow off, fuel pressure regulator, secondary fuel pump, and dc sports header. It is a friend of mine and yes I do like the car. I did state in any other case do not like hondas. If you were to add up the mods, he is close to the 300hp range in a 4banger that weighs nothing. The owner of the M3 has always had other M3's so he knows how to drive them.
I'm sorry bud, but I agree totally with sadler and dmontz and have to roll up the BS flag on this. A S/C will NOT add 118 HP on a 4 cyl. I know of a honda civic running a H22 engine with a T3 turbo kit running some 18 pounds of boost and dyno'd at 250 to the ground.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

and lastly, gimme a break.. if your friend is running a 300hp civic si, how come it's not all over honda tuning and all the other mags.. you don't see too many of those strutting around.
maybe not. my friend had a SI with a turbo boosting 20 PSI...until he blew the motor. no clue what it dyno'd at, but he never made got a magazine spread.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

I'm sorry bud, but I agree totally with sadler and dmontz and have to roll up the BS flag on this. A S/C will NOT add 118 HP on a 4 cyl. I know of a honda civic running a H22 engine with a T3 turbo kit running some 18 pounds of boost and dyno'd at 250 to the ground.
turbo'd frankenstein motors don't put down 300 without a TON of work..

and this is on a stock si engine.. not a jspec h22 or civic type r or anything?
Old 12-13-2002, 11:11 AM
I'm needing a caw

I thought Greddy had a IC's turbo kit for the Preludes that was rated at about 275hp? This is on a stock motor. Pretty good.

Originally posted by thebigsadler

turbo'd frankenstein motors don't put down 300 without a TON of work..

and this is on a stock si engine.. not a jspec h22 or civic type r or anything?
Old 12-13-2002, 11:27 AM

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 now. Shouldn't have a prob keeping up. If not we can always enroll my buddies S/C and Nitrous GA.

Let me know,

JD
you'd better take the GA
Old 12-13-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by quansung 2
you'd better take the GA
whats a GA?
Old 12-13-2002, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Let me know,

JD
if the GS won't keep up.. i am sure that LS won't ither
Old 12-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by quansung 2
you'd better take the GA
Funny you say that especially since you have no idea what kind of mods the LS has done to it, but then again this is a Maxima board so no need waste your board space talking about it.

GA = Grand Am GT

JD
Old 12-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Ford Only.

GA = Grand Am GT

JD
Grand Am...

Lincoln LS aka My grandma and grandpa's car Go back to your non-traction domestic boards, before Sprite puts a beating on you...
Old 12-13-2002, 11:59 AM
Administrator

now now.. before we bash on other cars.. we must all remember we are driving mom's and old people's cars too...

we must show the same respect we desire.. i thought about it.. and i said to myself.. who the hell would mod a Lincoln LS.. but then again.. who the hell would mod a maxima

Originally posted by dmontzmax

Grand Am...

Lincoln LS aka My grandma and grandpa's car Go back to your non-traction domestic boards, before Sprite puts a beating on you...
Old 12-13-2002, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
now now.. before we bash on other cars.. we must all remember we are driving mom's and old people's cars too...

we must show the same respect we desire.. i thought about it.. and i said to myself.. who the hell would mod a Lincoln LS.. but then again.. who the hell would mod a maxima

people mod maxima's...??? wtf?????

maxima's
Old 12-13-2002, 12:43 PM

Funny you say that especially since you have no idea what kind of mods the LS has done to it, but then again this is a Maxima board so no need waste your board space talking about it.

GA = Grand Am GT

JD
i raced a modded 02 LS (v8) some old guy. said he had intake and "custom" duals. on the highway.... lets just say i beat him by about 4 cars to 120 and i am no where near as fast as sprinty
Old 12-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok guys, first off I didn't come to this site to start a "my car is better than yours" thread. Nor did I ever say that my car was faster than anyone elses. I will say I never thought I'd see myself driving an LS but for what the car is powerwise its impressive, plus it is nice to have a RWD V8 Sedan. At 260ish ft lbs of torque stock the car moves. A few mods and it does very well.

Did I say I could take Sprint, nope. Did I say the Grand Am could take him, no. Hell if this race is gonna take place after April when I buy a ZO6, we'll use that as the chase car. I highly doubt there will be any "keeping up" issues with that car.

But like I said, to each there own. I came here to back up something that was said about that civic, and to throw in some opinions. I'm not bashing any of your cars, I would expect the same level of respect.

MaximaR34 - We'll race sometime on ford drive to see how things end up between decently modded Maxima vs the LS then report back to the board.

Sprintmax - I'll get MaximaR34 to get ahold of the Civic guy and see if he'll go head to head with you. Depending on when this happens either the 400, LS or the ZO6 will be the chase car.

-JD