General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

GT-R badge

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 06:29 AM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by DA-MAX

why not?? you might as well since GTR has nothing to do with Maximas either...
You think I care if it has anything to do with a Maxima. As long as it is within the same company what do I care. I dont own no old piece of **** car and am happy with what I got and what I put on it. As long as you dnt see me putting vtech stickers on a nissan then why bother b!tching about badges.

Old 12-13-2002, 06:42 AM
I'm so hood

As long as you dnt see me putting vtech stickers on a nissan then why bother b!tching about badges.
But what if you thought a VTEC badge looked good on your maxima?

So it's as long as you stay within the same company, it's ok....I see...I should ease up on that 16yr old kid with the 92 hatchback civic with NSX Type-R VTEC badges on it then
(I would say I'm kidding, because I am, but there's probably IS that kid out there, so...)

hehe...justification is a beautiful mechanism...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:47 AM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by RSA_MAX

Okay, Your respone doesn't make much sense. You have a good response defending your badge, but please answer us, why do you have a gtr badge on a nissan maxima? it doesn't make sense to me or 99% of others on the board. Please, just explain why you would put something promoting one thing on a car which doesn't consist of that thing. I don't know I guess I'll always be confused over the gtr badge concept. If someone could explain it to me in a way that made sense, but it will never happen, why? because maximas aren't skylines! would you put a Type S badge on your max too? Or would you put a vtech badge on a camry? well, some might, as some max owners put the gtr badge on, just give me a reason...
Why do I have a GTR badge is like asking why do you buy performance parts, body kits, sound systems, and other accesories. The anwser is simple its what the person wants. See some people are just ignorant they think just because you put a GTR badge that you would be dumb enough to put a Type S badge on. Come on buddy maybe you would think that but not me. So are you assuming that because I or anyone else that puts a GTR badge on that we would put any other car badge on? Maybe in your little town but I think people have enough common sense to know what can and cannot be put on a car. I would give you a reason but seeing how people seem to twist things around and jump on another members back for a choice that was his/her own dosent seem to be something to argue about. I wonder why is it that people on the org can say all this but when at a meet cannot say it to the person in their face....... All in all its the closest thing to a Skyline that I can afford and it is a Nissan non the less. If I could afford it I would buy it and so would many other people im sure. Sorry for not giving you the reason you are looking for. In your eyes its a Maxima in my eyes it is the closest thing to a Skyline.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:11 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

To each his own. If you want it, put it on. If you like how it looks, that is cool.

But you are not fooling anyone who knows anything about cars by badging it up. 2 examples:

Accord LX @ a light this week. Still had LX badges,. It was the late-80's-early 90's body style. Badging? SiR, Type-R. As said above, fartcan exhaust (and even maxspeeds) do not make an accord a Type-R or SiR. I browsed honda forums a while back, and they had actually compiled a list of mods (including a J-spec engine swap) to "allow" you to badge your car a Type-R or SiR. Basically, you had to make it similar to the REAL version. If not, you were horribly ridiculed (hmmm, we would NEVER do that here... ) As there IS no GT-R version of our Max, I suppose there is no real standard. But as a matter of course, this forum has not looked approvingly upon those badges- at least not since APC started distributing them in the US and every ricer or ricer wannabe could get them at pepboys...

Second example:
I used to be really into jeeps. Not for offroading, but to build them as street sleepers. I had 3 XJs (Cherokees), 1 of which ran 7.1 0-60 and 14.9 in the 1/4 @91. There were guys who ran in the 12s in ZJs (93-98 Grand Cherokees). One day this guy pops on the forum with "R/T" badging on his cherokee. Now we all know that Dodge makes R/T vehicles, and we all know that Chrysler makes Dodge and Jeep, but to cross-brand was really frowned upon. Some guys would change there "Limited" badging to read "Unlimited" (the name of the site was www.jeepsunlimited.com), but even that was looked at as ricey...even though most of out jeeps could outrun and outhandle any R/T version of Dodge vehicles.

The morale of the story? If your car is worthy of respect, it will earn it without false badging and false advertising.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ThisMax2NV
In your eyes its a Maxima in my eyes it is the closest thing to a Skyline.
Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *takes deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That's like saying:
In some people's eyes, a Honda Civic is a little economical car. In some other people's eyes, it's the closest thing to an NSX.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: GT-R badge

Originally posted by djPlayboy

theres a guy around here with a V6 mustang with a GT-R emblem on it and he thinks hes fast he TRIES to race every one
Oh my god, there's a black one around here, too. Those ****ing morons, I seriously think they walked into pepboys, saw the GT-R badge and thought it was made for them. "Hondas got R badges, it's about time they made one for use 'Stang guys!"
Old 12-13-2002, 08:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: GT-R badge

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

not sure but I did see a V6 mustang with that same exact badge at the mall

So did I!!!! It was at the Greenwood Park Mall in Indianapolis. Rediculous!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:16 AM

i thout it looked cool at first (replacing the hamburger on the grille), but its just plain dumb - dont do it
Old 12-13-2002, 08:28 AM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by blizz20oma

But what if you thought a VTEC badge looked good on your maxima?

So it's as long as you stay within the same company, it's ok....I see...I should ease up on that 16yr old kid with the 92 hatchback civic with NSX Type-R VTEC badges on it then
(I would say I'm kidding, because I am, but there's probably IS that kid out there, so...)

hehe...justification is a beautiful mechanism...
Hay if thats what he thinks then so be it.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:30 AM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by phenryiv1
To each his own. If you want it, put it on. If you like how it looks, that is cool.

But you are not fooling anyone who knows anything about cars by badging it up. 2 examples:

Accord LX @ a light this week. Still had LX badges,. It was the late-80's-early 90's body style. Badging? SiR, Type-R. As said above, fartcan exhaust (and even maxspeeds) do not make an accord a Type-R or SiR. I browsed honda forums a while back, and they had actually compiled a list of mods (including a J-spec engine swap) to "allow" you to badge your car a Type-R or SiR. Basically, you had to make it similar to the REAL version. If not, you were horribly ridiculed (hmmm, we would NEVER do that here... ) As there IS no GT-R version of our Max, I suppose there is no real standard. But as a matter of course, this forum has not looked approvingly upon those badges- at least not since APC started distributing them in the US and every ricer or ricer wannabe could get them at pepboys...

Second example:
I used to be really into jeeps. Not for offroading, but to build them as street sleepers. I had 3 XJs (Cherokees), 1 of which ran 7.1 0-60 and 14.9 in the 1/4 @91. There were guys who ran in the 12s in ZJs (93-98 Grand Cherokees). One day this guy pops on the forum with "R/T" badging on his cherokee. Now we all know that Dodge makes R/T vehicles, and we all know that Chrysler makes Dodge and Jeep, but to cross-brand was really frowned upon. Some guys would change there "Limited" badging to read "Unlimited" (the name of the site was www.jeepsunlimited.com), but even that was looked at as ricey...even though most of out jeeps could outrun and outhandle any R/T version of Dodge vehicles.

The morale of the story? If your car is worthy of respect, it will earn it without false badging and false advertising.
I never said that I was trying to fool anyone. I said I put it on becasue it matches the 20th Anniversay Edition badging I have.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:39 AM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by clee130

Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *takes deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That's like saying:
In some people's eyes, a Honda Civic is a little economical car. In some other people's eyes, it's the closest thing to an NSX.
Hay not everyone can get what they want if they could Im pretty sure that they would. If I could get a real Skyline I would, but I cannot afford it. If you can afford it then go get it as for me sorry, laugh all you want just shows how much bad critizism and no positive responses comes from it. Oh well single minded people tend to defend things they often wish they had. Ok this is going no where I just keep getting ganged up on so Ill leave it as it is.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:57 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

do it!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ThisMax2NV
Hay not everyone can get what they want if they could Im pretty sure that they would. If I could get a real Skyline I would, but I cannot afford it. If you can afford it then go get it as for me sorry, laugh all you want just shows how much bad critizism and no positive responses comes from it. Oh well single minded people tend to defend things they often wish they had. Ok this is going no where I just keep getting ganged up on so Ill leave it as it is.
Wanting a Skyline is one thing. Sure. I would love to have one. Doesn't mean I'm going to put a GT-R badge on a Maxima just because I want a Skyline.

Putting a GT-R badge on a Maxima is akin to putting a SiR badge on a Civic DX - your Maxima ain't no Skyline, it ain't no GT-R ... hell, it ain't even RWD!

Just to quote phenryiv1: "If your car is worthy of respect, it will earn it without false badging and false advertising."
Old 12-13-2002, 10:36 AM

this is GHEY
Old 12-13-2002, 01:26 PM

Though I woudn't put any badges on my Max, ThisMax2NV you don't need to defend your decision to put a GTR badge on your Max. We didn't pay for your Max or the badge so it's immaterial. (Admittedly, when I was younger I had an 'Accord Type R' badge on my Accord but I removed it before long.) Anyhow, it's your choice and you didn't commit a felony in the process: So, no harm, no foul.

To the rest: funny thing about this "United States" and this "freedom" concept, huh?. Maybe if we were in 1970s Soviet Union, we could have ThisMax2NV put into a Gulag.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by F23A4
To the rest: funny thing about this "United States" and this "freedom" concept, huh?. Maybe if we were in 1970s Soviet Union, we could have ThisMax2NV put into a Gulag.
Hey, I never said he couldn't do it. He asked for opinions. He got 'em. That's the second part to the "freedom" concept, freedom of speech. I can call everyone with a GT-R emblem a dumbass all day long.