General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

dealer won't do alignment for transverse link recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 08:04 AM

dealer won't do alignment for transverse link recall

I had this recall done and the dealer said that it is not necessary to do a alignment. They claim they drove it and it is fine. The Steering wheel is alittle off when going straight, but the car seems to travel straight. But when I have the steering wheel straight, it seems to go to the right. It isn't that sinificant, but i am debating if I should go back and have them do an alignment. Anyone else with this situation.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:24 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

My question

Whether Nissan will pay for or not, how can you disassemble a piece of suspension and not have the alignment checked?
Old 12-13-2002, 08:34 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Re: My question

Originally posted by Colonel
Whether Nissan will pay for or not, how can you disassemble a piece of suspension and not have the alignment checked?
Bastards! I had NTB tell me yesterday that if i slammed my ride, my alignment warranty would be invalid. Silly companies. They'll do anything to get you to come back and put more money down.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:38 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Re: My question

Originally posted by slimer

Bastards! I had NTB tell me yesterday that if i slammed my ride, my alignment warranty would be invalid. Silly companies. They'll do anything to get you to come back and put more money down.

Don't tell them you've lowered your car. I doubt the same tech will be working on your car when you bring it in. Even if it was, I doubt he would remeber doing your car before and notice the difference.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: dealer won't do alignment for transverse link recall

Originally posted by jsohn
I had this recall done and the dealer said that it is not necessary to do a alignment. They claim they drove it and it is fine. The Steering wheel is alittle off when going straight, but the car seems to travel straight. But when I have the steering wheel straight, it seems to go to the right. It isn't that sinificant, but i am debating if I should go back and have them do an alignment. Anyone else with this situation.

That is B.S. When I had that recall done, I made sure that they did an alignment on the front end. I know it was done because I watched the tech do it.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:00 PM

What recall is this? What year max's?

SuDZ
Old 12-13-2002, 01:05 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Re: Re: Re: My question

Originally posted by mzmtg

Don't tell them you've lowered your car. I doubt the same tech will be working on your car when you bring it in. Even if it was, I doubt he would remeber doing your car before and notice the difference.
too late
Old 12-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SuDZ
What recall is this? What year max's?

SuDZ
transverse links on a 2K2
Old 12-13-2002, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by kronnman

transverse links on a 2K2
Thanks.

SuDZ
Old 12-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

It should not matter wheather the car is lowered or not. It's just a simple toe adjustment which any alignment rack can do as long as the car can indeed be put up on the rack. (to low and your not going up there!)

There is no reason why Nissan can't or will not do this for you. I'd make a phone call to your Nissan rep. and have them contact your dealer and get this service done properly.

The fact that your steering wheel is now off center indicates your alignment is off. I'd persue this big time, your entitled to have your car serviced correctly. The alignment was set prior to their work, now they are responsible for setting it back up correctly once their work is complete.