General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

VE Auto getting faster and faster and fastest!!! --->

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

I've never had a problem with Dave as he has good points and is intelligent in his debates.

You on the other hand

Originally posted by Craig Mack

It's good to see weve all and made up.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:25 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You on the other hand

God blessit Jeffrey, you give me no credit even though all my points are completely true. The engine is lighter, the suspension is lighter, the engine is more torquey, it has been praised more then any other 6 cylinder...

and it OWNZ the VeeGee.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Old 01-28-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why dig up an old dead horse Maigy? It's been discussed a billion times. Do we want to discuss which is better for boost? An iron block or aluminum block? Who cares if the tree trunk Flinstone rear beam is lighter? I don't care to have or would I rather have it in my 3-gen.
Save the praise for someone who cares. I know more about both engines than most here.

And YOU'RE the one that wanted to tear down the engine for different rods instead of simply putting in a smaller sc pulley. Geez what kind of respect do you think you're gonna get from me w/ that yahoo thinking! hehe

God blessit Jeffrey, you give me no credit even though all my points are completely true. The engine is lighter, the suspension is lighter, the engine is more torquey, it has been praised more then any other 6 cylinder...
and it OWNZ the VeeGee.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:44 PM

Maigy?
C

It's been discussed a billion times. Do we want to discuss which is better for boost? An iron block or aluminum block? Who cares if the tree trunk Flinstone rear beam is lighter? I don't care to have or would I rather have it in my 3-gen.
Save the praise for someone who cares. I know more about both engines than most here.

And YOU'RE the one that wanted to tear down the engine for different rods instead of simply putting in a smaller sc pulley. Geez what kind of respect do you think you're gonna get from me w/ that yahoo thinking! hehe jeffy
Hey! Now you've gotten personal.

Btw, have you read it lately? i30 krab is telling me about Mustang impellers
Old 01-28-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm needing a caw

yeah I caught that. Very interesting and something we here haven't discussed. But it makes sense. Since the compressor side is just like the compressor side of a turbocharger. You should be able to choose(within certian limits) different compressors to custom suit your particular needs(ie.. like more low end power for you). But it's probably not cheap. And something I would probably just wait on until you need a SC rebuild. I also him offering his SC or motor for sale? Hmmm... But take to mind that HE spends the bucks to modify his car!

Btw, have you read it lately? i30 krab is telling me about Mustang impellers
Old 01-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i guess not 2 many 4th geners checked out this thread...clicky

just a couple more things 2 add....when weight is taken into account the 4th gen has a better advantage, but still on top it is owned...also i would tend 2 agree that the vq is more reliable, given who knows how many 3rd gens have failing vtc's (not me...hehe) amoung other stuff...but then again none of these other problems (knock sensor, etc...) have been dyno'd (vtc's failing loses 10 hp or whatever)
Old 01-28-2003, 05:57 PM

Old 01-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Ford Only.

Here we go again, I was hoping not to have to jump in here, cause I am sick of fighting, but here it goes.

When the VQ guys wake up and give the VE some respect, the world will be alot better. There is no way a VQ is going to "easily kill" a VE, it is like killing itself. In an apples to apples race you will not see much difference, depending on driver, then again, I said apples to apples. If you look at the plots power to weight there is not much difference at all and saying the VQ has "LOTS" more low end is foolish, it only makes about 5-7 more hp/tq on the low and they meet even at about 3500rpm and then at about 5000rpm the VE makes almost 15 more hp/tq, that should draw a pretty even race if you ask me.

Bottom line they are both Maximas "MAXIMAS" there isnt much difference, some VQ guys can get ****ed, because an older car is right there with them, but hey, thats life. Also the VE is plenty reliable, I have 260k on my engine and have not seen a VQ with that much, so until then, I have to say the VE is reliable, although there is NO doubt the VQ will last as long either, cause ALL Nissan motors are rock solid. I have much respect for ALL Maxima's regardless of motor, we are all in this together and arguing over "you have, this and this and that and that" is like kids arguing over a toy. This is as bad as my family jumping and beating each other up and pulling knifes out on each other over the super bowl!!! I am starting to look into the domestic world, cause this Maxima world is twisted...

I am retiring...
Old 01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Ford Only.

uhhhh...Mr Craig Mack.

Why dont you post the "real" stuff, not just the first dyno plot you see with the biggest squigly lines.

why didnt you post power to weight? you were the one talking about the weigth issue? after all power to weight is the real deal right?
Old 01-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Ford Only.

and hp to weight

remember, not just the one with the biggest squigly lines...also take into consideration this VE dyno was with a non-functioning power valve actuator, which can effect the hp/tq up to about 5-10. And we still dont know which responds to mods beter.

some respect please? cause I dont see an easy kill for either side.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Ford Only.

and hp to weight

remember, not just the one with the biggest squigly lines...also take into consideration this VE dyno was with a non-functioning power valve actuator, which can effect the hp/tq up to about 5-10. And we still dont know which responds to mods beter.

Old 01-28-2003, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax

Dude I respect you guys. We used to own a 3rd Gen VE. '92 to be exact. But the '95 GXE we replaced it with was significantly quicker. (both autos) But then again, the '95 GXE's come optionless and are light as hell. The only problem is that the VE's get all their power over the VQ above 5500rpm. Below that it's all VQ.

Besides...you don't like Tampa Bay. You are the evil one.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i love has credit is given where credit is due...

congrats aaron...i remember when you were running 16's

just open a can of whoopass on the unsuspecting VQ's
Old 01-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Handsome

Originally posted by dmontzmax
I am starting to look into the domestic world, cause this Maxima world is twisted...

I am retiring...
My take is this. If you are a car enthusiast, have done some work on your car (especially yourself,) keep it clean and free of what people would call 'rice', and have the insight to get a car (even though it may not be as popular as other imports, or real aggresive looking) like a maxima that has a lot to offer, then you get my for it regardless of what year your car is.

I am also looking at the domestic market. Not because of this community I get along with everyone for the most part, but because of the 6th gen max. I would like to have a 2K2 for the engine and body moldings (superblack 6spd, and swap the tails for 2K's or Anniversery editions) and just to have a keep sake for one of the truley great cars that offers more than just comfort and more than just speed.

The domestic market is looking tempting though. Cars like the new Bonneville (this I think pics up where the max left off for me, namely a luxury/sport sedan that incorporates rear wheel drive, a supercharger, subtle but distinct styling, and around 300hp), Dodge SRT-8 (13.4 second sport wagon that is totally different from anything I have seen) Supercharged Mustange Cobra(12 second car under 35,000 with the potential of seeing 11's with tires new pulley and exhaust), and not that I would get one but the Neon SRT-4 is about the best deal on a compact out right now (19,999 and you will be showing s2000, and 350's your tails, and with 9.5:1 compression and a turbo means getting more power will be easier and cheapier than most others.)
Old 01-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Ford Only.

Dude I respect you guys. We used to own a 3rd Gen VE. '92 to be exact. But the '95 GXE we replaced it with was significantly quicker. (both autos) But then again, the '95 GXE's come optionless and are light as hell. The only problem is that the VE's get all their power over the VQ above 5500rpm. Below that it's all VQ.

Besides...you don't like Tampa Bay. You are the evil one.
Thanks
Old 01-28-2003, 09:08 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I'm not going to add any more to this argument, at least in this thread

I just reply when dmontz does just cus it's fun

However,
Overall..
seems like 4th gens are more reliable than 3rd gens.. be in exhaust studs, glass auto transmissions or ticking VTCs.. 3rd gens have some issues. Typically, cars get more reliable with time.. 4th gens don't really have a pattern of any technical problems except for Oxygen sensors on some of the earlier 95/96 models and that's about it..

also
for the future
when i comment on this subject..
i am not bashing or flaming anyone by any means.. just making an argument which is always fun don't take it personally..

remember, i owned a 3rd gen too
and i loved it to death despite all the problems i had with it
Old 01-28-2003, 09:18 PM

Hahaha..
Old 01-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
I'm not going to add any more to this argument, at least in this thread

I just reply when dmontz does just cus it's fun

However,
Overall..
seems like 4th gens are more reliable than 3rd gens.. be in exhaust studs, glass auto transmissions or ticking VTCs.. 3rd gens have some issues. Typically, cars get more reliable with time.. 4th gens don't really have a pattern of any technical problems except for Oxygen sensors on some of the earlier 95/96 models and that's about it..

also
for the future
when i comment on this subject..
i am not bashing or flaming anyone by any means.. just making an argument which is always fun don't take it personally..

remember, i owned a 3rd gen too
and i loved it to death despite all the problems i had with it
Blah, you know whats up deep inside.

You felt better in the 3rd gen, even though you had a lemon.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:14 PM

Guys, couldn't this have been taken care of in a different thread? Can't you just respect Aaron for what he's done. My gosh, he hangs with you VQ 5 speed guys in an 11 year old auto; that says something right there. A lot of the VE's on the board may have problems with their VTC's because the fact is we've got a lot of miles on them. Some of you guys should come hang out with the Raleigh crew, we respect each others cars fully. I'll comment about how smooth someone's 97 5 speed feels, and they'll comment on how much they like the style of my car. Let's just try and get along a little more here, and congratulate Aaron.

Just remember, if we didn't have the VE, the VQ would not be where it is today
Old 01-29-2003, 12:07 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by Chris91SE
i love has credit is given where credit is due...

congrats aaron...i remember when you were running 16's

just open a can of whoopass on the unsuspecting VQ's
Thanks man. Yeah, I remember running 16.70's with an APC cone filter at 2010' elevation. I remember running one 17.0 run in Vegas. You know what else I remember? I remember running 14.80's.

And thanks Les.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:52 PM

im glad i was able to help!
congrats man

now, go faster.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:47 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by Bryan H
im glad i was able to help!
congrats man

now, go faster.
I can make my car faster. But, I just won't be able to beat my track times at over 2000 feet elevation.