General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

RVM UDP ... Oil Leak!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

I have already done the same
Thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Problem with UR UDP

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Could UR have a patent on its design?

Someone should send that RVM email about them copying UR's pulley to UR.
now that would be really sweet because i called them from my work phone which is recored and i have them saying they purch. the UR UDP and copy it and compare.

I just called them again to bother them and RVM Rep told me sell my UDP to someone else who doesn't know about this problem, and buy the new one from then again which will have a sleeves on them.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:46 PM

I just sent the following e-mail to RVM . . .

Dear RVM Racing:

I regret to inform you that I and others have asked that your UDP Group Deal in the Group Deals Forum at Maxima.org be locked and that your firm be added to the "Bad Sellers" list. It is clear from my conversations with Unorthodox Racing that you have been untruthful in stating that UR manufactured an unsleeved pulley for the Nissan Maxima. It is equally apparent that you have no intention of standing behind your UDP even though you freely admit that the oil seal will abrade the bare aluminum of the pulley and in documented instances, cause the engine to leak oil. (I am also aware of other problems with your UDP concerning the timing ring attached to the pulley.)

If you can prove that you are in possession of an unsleeved Unorthodox Racing pulley for a Nissan Maxima and you resolve the timing issues with your pulley, I will retract my request that your thread be locked and request that your name be removed from the "Bad Sellers" list.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:54 PM

Re: I just sent the following e-mail to RVM . . .

Originally posted by y2kse
Dear RVM Racing:

I regret to inform you that I and others have asked that your UDP Group Deal in the Group Deals Forum at Maxima.org be locked and that your firm be added to the "Bad Sellers" list. It is clear from my conversations with Unorthodox Racing that you have been untruthful in stating that UR manufactured an unsleeved pulley for the Nissan Maxima. It is equally apparent that you have no intention of standing behind your UDP even though you freely admit that the oil seal will abrade the bare aluminum of the pulley and in documented instances, cause the engine to leak oil. (I am also aware of other problems with your UDP concerning the timing ring attached to the pulley.)

If you can prove that you are in possession of an unsleeved Unorthodox Racing pulley for a Nissan Maxima and you resolve the timing issues with your pulley, I will retract my request that your thread be locked and request that your name be removed from the "Bad Sellers" list.
y2kse you are way to nice. I have spoken with then too many times now and it's like talking to a wall. nothing is going to change for them. They just S U C K .
Old 04-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with UR UDP

Originally posted by ][ 35

I just called them again to bother them and RVM Rep told me sell my UDP to someone else who doesn't know about this problem, and buy the new one from then again which will have a sleeves on them.
That's just WROOOOOONG!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:38 PM

FYI: UR Pulley at UDP

Guys,

I stated that I gave the folks at UR my pulley, but I don't know what they are going to do about it. They stated that the pulley would soon be featured on their web, but I don't want to know what they want to do with it.

As far as sending damaged RVM UDP to UR, I don't have a clue whether you guys could get discounted price or not. However, I do know that they have my pulley (and it's brand new, never installed!).
Old 04-24-2003, 03:15 PM

Re: FYI: UR Pulley at UDP

Originally posted by ardika
Guys,

I stated that I gave the folks at UR my pulley, but I don't know what they are going to do about it. They stated that the pulley would soon be featured on their web, but I don't want to know what they want to do with it.

As far as sending damaged RVM UDP to UR, I don't have a clue whether you guys could get discounted price or not. However, I do know that they have my pulley (and it's brand new, never installed!).
may be i can send them my messed up pulley which shows deep dent due to oil seal and get some discount out of it
Old 04-24-2003, 04:18 PM

Re: Re: FYI: UR Pulley at UDP

Perhaps you could...since the pulley that I gave them was brand new. Probably THAT particular pulley would be famous, with pictures of it on the UR website shortly.

BUT, they don't have the picture of damaged crank pulley....

Try them!

Originally posted by ][ 35

may be i can send them my messed up pulley which shows deep dent due to oil seal and get some discount out of it
Old 04-24-2003, 04:24 PM

Picture of the Oil Seal?

Anyone have one? New or used? I'd like to see it.

I can't see how the oil seal wears the pulley, yet doesn't wear, then begins to leak.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:33 PM

Hey guys what so you think I should do :
1) If i can get my money refunded(anyone else get their money rufunded or is it a lost cause?)and get the definitive pulley since its cheaper then the unorthodox.

OR

2)just install this one and use it until it starts to leak then complain and get new one from definitive.

I'm just spending so much money on mods right now that i don't want to spend any more then i have too. Damn this sucks
Old 04-24-2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by 96max5sp
1) If i can get my money refunded(anyone else get their money rufunded or is it a lost cause?)and get the definitive pulley since its cheaper then the unorthodox.

OR

2)just install this one and use it until it starts to leak then complain and get new one from definitive.

I'm just spending so much money on mods right now that i don't want to spend any more then i have too. Damn this sucks
Do NOT install the RVM pulley. If necessary, write it off as a cheap lesson in purchasing inferior mods for your Maxima. That's what I'm prepared to do.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by y2kse

Do NOT install the RVM pulley. If necessary, write it off as a cheap lesson in purchasing inferior mods for your Maxima. That's what I'm prepared to do.
I feel for you Bruce(and guys), I'm kicking myself over all the hassle I've put into modding my SMC STS, when I should/could have just bought the damn Stillen one.

Oh well, as you've said, cheap lesson learned!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by 96max5sp

OR

it's a lost cause with RVM
Old 04-24-2003, 08:43 PM

can someone post definitives site....i might just order a new one to be sure even though i have no problems yet... any clue as to what belts they use?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:04 PM

i recently e-mailed UR about their pulley and they said that they did have sleeves on all their pulleys.. but they also said...

"Every one of those parts that leaves this facility includes a sleeve. It is certainly possible that soemthing may have gotten out without one but we include the check in the instructions to make sure the owners check the pulley before they start installation to make sure it is there.

Thanks for your interest,
UR "

so it could be possible that RVM did get a bad one from UR to copy from.. but it does not put RVM off the hook..
Old 04-24-2003, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by 99maxi
i recently e-mailed UR about their pulley and they said that they did have sleeves on all their pulleys.. but they also said...

"Every one of those parts that leaves this facility includes a sleeve. It is certainly possible that soemthing may have gotten out without one but we include the check in the instructions to make sure the owners check the pulley before they start installation to make sure it is there.

Thanks for your interest,
UR "

so it could be possible that RVM did get a bad one from UR to copy from.. but it does not put RVM off the hook..
Is RVM paying you to say this? j/k yes it could of happen, but what is the chance. Plus if RVM did make an error they should admit to it by now and try to help the customer out which they have no intend for now or ever from what they are saying.

i'm not upset over the bad UDP by RVM, but i'm very upset over how they are approaching this matter.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Pele ain't got nothing on me

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE
can someone post definitives site....i might just order a new one to be sure even though i have no problems yet... any clue as to what belts they use?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=201445
Old 04-25-2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by 99maxi

Precisely. RVM can read English as well as we can. And even if they happened to receive an unsleeved UR pulley by mistake, two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Bandwagon Lover

Has anyone with the sleeved RVM had any issues? Mine has not been installed yet, but does have the copper ring ( '02 ).

Just curious.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM

has anybody gotten a refund from rvm?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by 99maximagxe
has anybody gotten a refund from rvm?
refund? hahaha good luck. i even told them that i would pay extra for them to put the steel sleeve on but the refused it because they said it isn't worth it that they will just make new udp with sleeves on it. RVM don't even stand behind the product they make.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:25 PM

so has anyone else had any problems? im just wondering cause mine is still going strong.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:21 AM

RVM Trader Rating

For those who are disgusted with RVMs unwillingness to correct the problems with their UDPs, here's your chance to get even.

Follow my example and give RVM a negative trader rating. Here's where you go to do that:

http://forums.maxima.org/member.php...fo&userid=12786

Look in the "Member statistics" section under "Trader Rating"

RVM Racing
Old 05-07-2003, 11:40 AM

Holy ****!!! 15 pages!! Longest running post I've ever seen yet!!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Maxman2000
If my guess is correct, Maxman2000, 15 pages is just the beginning.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Maxman2000
I only see 8