General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MAJOR Turbo problems with Hal's kit. VERY LONG post.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
i don't think 6000 is cheap
he didnt pay Hal 6000 he paid Hal under 4
Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SprintMax
where is my pill?
pill? what kinda pill is this? Sounds like drugs to mE...can i have a pill too?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

pill? what kinda pill is this? Sounds like drugs to mE...can i have a pill too?
mind your business MAF boy
Old 05-05-2003, 08:05 PM

mind your business MAF boy
Old 05-05-2003, 08:07 PM

where is my pill?
the blue pill or the rpm pill ?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by sx7r

the blue pill or the rpm pill ?
you know which one

Old 05-05-2003, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30

hmmm still think you were...

theres alot of misquotes in this one too people trying to say Hal doesnt answer any of his calls and emails... thats some good old fashion bull**** right there

what's with the lemmings?

Old 05-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Is that your fav smilie?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by amixam98

Is that your fav smilie?
no

give me yoru body kit
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM

you know which one

5k good?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by sx7r

5k good?
yes please
Old 05-05-2003, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by amixam98

Is that your fav smilie?
Squintmax
Old 05-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

whats for him to say? he's been trying to help Dixit since day one... Dixit expects an SRT turbo kit from a cheapo price...

every single kit from Nigel or Hal has run into problems... it just seems Nigels customers are more understanding and capable of taking care of things on their own

I'm sure Hal will post when he gets off work
Old 05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

what's with the lemmings?

That game was/is sweet!

That's all I have to say...goodnight
Old 05-05-2003, 09:01 PM

carnal_c30: You seem to be so defensive when you got ZERO clue of the problems I got. Not even looking at it from a customer point of view. Thanks for telling me the time it took me to write this post that I couldve cut the line down and got on with it. So that is it? The line is the only issue? Read again smokey before you start talking. First off Explain to me this, how is it MY FREAGIN responsibility to cut the line? Explain that one to me then continue to keep talking. And then to WRAP it around the freagin motor mount? That is just plain stupid/cutting corners.

Oh and I want an SRT kit when I paid only 4k? Um did you check my spreadsheet on how much it has cost me on this turbo kit? Lets see, plane ticket, gas, FIXING his mistakes, Dyno tuning and finding more issues, buying new parts for the kit to pinpoint problems, loss of money from parts that HE cut up of MINE that I couldve sold.... I think Im WAY past 6k. Wait do you even know the shop owner of SRT like I do? I know for a fact I can get a turbo kit from them for 6k on an IS300 that is FAR better than this kit will every be.

Im a PURELY detail oriented person, anyone can tell that from my car and all the money Ive put into it. Ive put over 20k into this car including the turbo. Dont tell me about comparing turbo kits, money is money.

Who here believes its my responsibility to fix the issues on the car that was delivered wrong to begin with? Sand the welds? yea right, is that before or after the pipe falls apart with a shotty weld like that. Whats the point of putting a 3" exhaust and then a 2.5" inlet muffler? I give a rat a$$ if he pulled it off his car, why did MY 3" inlet muffler not get in on time? But then again if his was a 2.5" it would be the same crap over again.

For those of you that was to side with Hal, I got no issues about it. Just be there at the court hearing when yall try to explain to the judge why my car overheated and blew the head gasket along with the rest of the engine because it only had one fan that CLEARLY is not cutting it. I think I know what my responsibilities are and I think for a FACT with my lawyer telling me that is HAL is the one who desided to take the two fans out and replace it with one, he is reponsible for ANYTHING DIRECTLY related to that fan (AKA OVERHEATING issues).

You want to get nasty, I will do the same, Ive been more than reasonable and patient with him in getting it fixed. I have no issue in taking this to court and letting a judge decide who is to blame. I cant even drive the car in traffic. I cant even take people in my car because the exhaust rattles so bad they keep asking me if shiet is about to fall off the car. Im about this close to selling my car, cutting my loses short, and suing for what was owed to me. Then buy a GS300 and put 15k down on a REAL turbo kit. Not a muffler shop turbo kit. I was told by him from DAY one all the way to when I arrived that a pro would be doing it in a pro shop, now when I get there it ends up in a muffler shop? Explain to me how this is going to make me feel good that Im leaving the car there for a week and the car is going to get done right? Before yall start to get ancy, THINK long and hard from my point of view.

At this point I could care less what Hal wants to say about this. All I know is I got to fix my problems and make the car driveable like an everyday car and be able to sit in traffic for 5mins. And if the car overheats or blows a headgasket, I will get it fixed and send Hal the bill. Like I said, I own 2hotels, also owned 9homes in baltimore, I know how the courts work and what Im going to win my suit based on. Ive been to more than 65 cases against my tenants, contractors, and 3rd parties to get my money owed to me. Thats all Im going to say on that.

If yall want DETAIL pictures, let me know, I have NO issues in taking all the errors in this kit and sending them to you or hosting them myself. Im sure the judge needs proof.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2003, 09:16 PM

Ok now you're just being hostile and unreasonable.

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
carnal_c30: You seem to be so defensive when you got ZERO clue of the problems I got. Not even looking at it from a customer point of view. Thanks for telling me the time it took me to write this post that I couldve cut the line down and got on with it. So that is it? The line is the only issue? Read again smokey before you start talking. First off Explain to me this, how is it MY FREAGIN responsibility to cut the line? Explain that one to me then continue to keep talking. And then to WRAP it around the freagin motor mount? That is just plain stupid/cutting corners.
It is YOUR FRIGGIN responsibility to keep your own car running after the install of the turbo kit. It's not his FRIGGIN fault that you don't know enough about cars, or hope the magic turbo fairies will fix it at night.

Oh and I want an SRT kit when I paid only 4k? Um did you check my spreadsheet on how much it has cost me on this turbo kit? Lets see, plane ticket, gas, FIXING his mistakes, Dyno tuning and finding more issues, buying new parts for the kit to pinpoint problems, loss of money from parts that HE cut up of MINE that I couldve sold.... I think Im WAY past 6k. Wait do you even know the shop owner of SRT like I do? I know for a fact I can get a turbo kit from them for 6k on an IS300 that is FAR better than this kit will every be.
Gee, then you should BUY a kit from them. Plane ticket, gas, it was understood that those would be soley your expenses from the beginning.

Im a PURELY detail oriented person, anyone can tell that from my car and all the money Ive put into it. Ive put over 20k into this car including the turbo. Dont tell me about comparing turbo kits, money is money.
Then you ought to be detail oriented enough to deal with your turbo and it's problems.

Who here believes its my responsibility to fix the issues on the car that was delivered wrong to begin with? Sand the welds? yea right, is that before or after the pipe falls apart with a shotty weld like that. Whats the point of putting a 3" exhaust and then a 2.5" inlet muffler? I give a rat a$$ if he pulled it off his car, why did MY 3" inlet muffler not get in on time? But then again if his was a 2.5" it would be the same crap over again.
I don't give a rat's *** that your muffler is not the way you like it. Why didn't it get in on time? Gee, you're a businessman Dixit, does everything always come in on time? Or do you sometimes have to try to make things right with the customer due to unforseen circumstances. Maybe his vendor was lagging? Waah waah, someone pulled a muffler off his own car for me and it's not the way I like it. Grow up.

For those of you that was to side with Hal, I got no issues about it. Just be there at the court hearing when yall try to explain to the judge why my car overheated and blew the head gasket along with the rest of the engine because it only had one fan that CLEARLY is not cutting it. I think I know what my responsibilities are and I think for a FACT with my lawyer telling me that is HAL is the one who desided to take the two fans out and replace it with one, he is reponsible for ANYTHING DIRECTLY related to that fan (AKA OVERHEATING issues).
The judge is going to look at you and say. "So let me get this straight, you bought a turbo kit, for your four door family sedan, which isn't even legal according to state smog laws, had it put on 3 states away, and now you want to sue this 20 yr old kid because you're engine doesn't run the way it did when you bought the car?"

You want to get nasty, I will do the same, Ive been more than reasonable and patient with him in getting it fixed. I have no issue in taking this to court and letting a judge decide who is to blame. I cant even drive the car in traffic. I cant even take people in my car because the exhaust rattles so bad they keep asking me if shiet is about to fall off the car. Im about this close to selling my car, cutting my loses short, and suing for what was owed to me. Then buy a GS300 and put 15k down on a REAL turbo kit. Not a muffler shop turbo kit. I was told by him from DAY one all the way to when I arrived that a pro would be doing it in a pro shop, now when I get there it ends up in a muffler shop? Explain to me how this is going to make me feel good that Im leaving the car there for a week and the car is going to get done right? Before yall start to get ancy, THINK long and hard from my point of view.
You have not. What would you have him do? Fly over and fix it himself? You have the resources at your disposal to get your problems fixed. You just expect him to fix them for you. Are you telling me that Hal is the only one who can get you a new radiator fan? Or are you content to let your car overheat rather than drive down to pep-boys or kragen and buy a new one?

At this point I could care less what Hal wants to say about this. All I know is I got to fix my problems and make the car driveable like an everyday car and be able to sit in traffic for 5mins. And if the car overheats or blows a headgasket, I will get it fixed and send Hal the bill. Like I said, I own 2hotels, also owned 9homes in baltimore, I know how the courts work and what Im going to win my suit based on. Ive been to more than 65 cases against my tenants, contractors, and 3rd parties to get my money owed to me. Thats all Im going to say on that.
Dude, like everyone's been saying, it's a TURBO. It's not supposed to be as reliable as a stock N/A car. Why don't you just sell it and either buy nigel's kit or go back to being N/A.

Wow, you've sued a lot of people who can't pay rent.
You sound like a real sweetheart Dixit.

If yall want DETAIL pictures, let me know, I have NO issues in taking all the errors in this kit and sending them to you or hosting them myself. Im sure the judge needs proof.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2003, 09:21 PM

Hello???? Do you know Kevin very well? Do you know the situation very well? judging from all your posts, you know very little about what Kevin had to do to his car. Sure Kev had to put a LOT of time into his kit and some money but unless I am mistaken he did not put a lot more money into it other than to put some very nice gauges, boost controller. Kevin, if I am wrong here, please let me know! Carnal, You are making it sound like he had to redo the whole kit!

AND why is it that every time someone comments on Hal's stuff someone has to chime in and and say Nigel's kit this and that? c'mon! My customers have been very understanding on the most part, I agree, but there are always those who are not. It's all in how you handle them .... treat them right and with respect! Even though I know one or two of my customers hate me, I still try to treat them with as much respect as I can!

Oh and what is this "gentleman's agreement" anyway? Please enlighten me as I am sure I do not know!

GOODNIGHT!

I think you should go to SRT next time you want your turbo- 35 grand I'm sure you'll be happy

jesus... complaining about welds... and the oil line... in the time it took you to write all this you coulda cut the hose and sanded down the welds- the other things like the radiator hose I can understand

now the way I see it is its a custom kit, you cant deny that Hal hasnt helped you since day one none of his customers can... sure its not like the magic turbo fairy fixes everything overnite but for under 4 grand you cant really expect that

I dont know of anyone with a turbo who hasnt had problems and these issues are totally common even with more established kits
alot of those issues like the intercooler... how many cars do you see with a custom turbo setup and the intercooler bolted down?? its generally seen as unecessary my old 240 didnt have the IC bolted down... it had pegs I'm sure just like yours does
and mine was done by one of the biggest and most reputable shops out here in the west (read import tuner ehehe)

fact is... your car is a custom turbocharged automatic your car is fast but for spending under 4 grand with Hal you cant expect SRTs 35 grand turbokits... and everyone wants a setup like Kevins... Nigel didnt DO Kevins setup for him, Kevin chose Nigels setup and did his own thing and spend huge amounts of money to make his kit as complete as it is now... I wont even ask how much Kevin paid...
Old 05-05-2003, 09:26 PM
rilla dope

I wouldn't dog on Dixit, he's earned the right to b1tch and complain here, and certainly has our ears after hearing this story. I see no evidence of any deceit on his part and although there are 2 sides to every story, I don't the second side will get much attention. Not that I'd turbo anyway, but it still sucks
Old 05-05-2003, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Hello???? Do you know Kevin very well? Do you know the situation very well? judging from all your posts, you know very little about what Kevin had to do to his car. Sure Kev had to put a LOT of time into his kit and some money but unless I am mistaken he did not put a lot more money into it other than to put some very nice gauges, boost controller. Kevin, if I am wrong here, please let me know! Carnal, You are making it sound like he had to redo the whole kit!

AND why is it that every time someone comments on Hal's stuff someone has to chime in and and say Nigel's kit this and that? c'mon! My customers have been very understanding on the most part, I agree, but there are always those who are not. It's all in how you handle them.

GOODNIGHT!

Haha, he knows Kevin better than you.

:insert foot in mouth smiley:
Old 05-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I don't understand how its Dixit's fault if the design was flawed from the jump?? theres no excuse for the line to be wrapped around the mount, thats a serious no-no wrapping such a vital line around a constantly moving object just to save time and also the line being the wrong material is even worse. the welds could've been neater as well just because the kit is a first time around custom kit doesn't call for shotty welding. I've been on this boat before in helping my buddy turbo his VG, we've gone from exhaust shop press bent chunky welds to clean mandrel bent TIGs from a pro import race shop...just because he paid a low price for this "custom" kit doesn't excuse the quality or shortcuts taken.

my question is this, what type of warranties come with these kits?? I know defects can be expected with first run products, but shouldn't correcting these problems be honored 100% by the manufacturer/seller unless it is clearly sold "as is"??
Old 05-05-2003, 09:51 PM

I just came across this thread... damnnnnnnn and I thought I had trouble with my max. Wow. I'm glad I tossed that POS and now drive a car that major companies actually suppport.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:58 PM

Chinkzilla... I think you are letting your friendship with Hal get the best of you here. If you just spent a boatload of cash wouldn't you expect the person that you paid to do right by you? All things aside, Hal has posted here about how he spends all this money to make his customers happy and does this, that and the other thing, yet the documentation is clearly here to prove otherwise. Not only that, Hal has yet to respond, and he has been caught in this very forum already. Something is not right, and just the nere fact that he has yet to respond just goes to hammer that home even more.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:30 PM

All Im gonna say......at least these got the ***** to test this stuff out for the rest of us, and any info GOOD OR BAD needs to be heard, and unbiased, so everyone else can reach their decision.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
[B]Ok now you're just being hostile and unreasonable.
He has every right to be mad, look at it from his perspective.

It is YOUR FRIGGIN responsibility to keep your own car running after the install of the turbo kit. It's not his FRIGGIN fault that you don't know enough about cars, or hope the magic turbo fairies will fix it at night.
It is NOT his responsibility to keep the car running in good order when the shop that installed the turbo did such a horrible job. If the shop did a good job then yes he would be responsible, but that is not the case here. Now you are just being hostile and unreasonable.

Gee, then you should BUY a kit from them. Plane ticket, gas, it was understood that those would be soley your expenses from the beginning..
I am sure he probably wishes that he did.

Then you ought to be detail oriented enough to deal with your turbo and it's problems..
Again not when the shop should have done a better job with installing the kit. Hostile and unreasonable again.

I don't give a rat's *** that your muffler is not the way you like it. Why didn't it get in on time? Gee, you're a businessman Dixit, does everything always come in on time? Or do you sometimes have to try to make things right with the customer due to unforseen circumstances. Maybe his vendor was lagging? Waah waah, someone pulled a muffler off his own car for me and it's not the way I like it. Grow up..
Spend 4+ grand on something and see if you dont complain when **** doesnt come in on time (especially when you fly over to them to pick up your car) and is not to your liking. To me Harold giving dixit his muffler was a nice thing to do, it still does not make up for the fact that the muffler shop did not have it ready. That is laziness and everyone here knows it.

The judge is going to look at you and say. "So let me get this straight, you bought a turbo kit, for your four door family sedan, which isn't even legal according to state smog laws, had it put on 3 states away, and now you want to sue this 20 yr old kid because you're engine doesn't run the way it did when you bought the car.
How do you know what the judge is going to say. Harold/the shop screwed up, they need to fix it.

You have not. What would you have him do? Fly over and fix it himself? You have the resources at your disposal to get your problems fixed. You just expect him to fix them for you. Are you telling me that Hal is the only one who can get you a new radiator fan? Or are you content to let your car overheat rather than drive down to pep-boys or kragen and buy a new one?.
He shouldn't have to fix problems that shouldnt be there to begin with. Shop did a crappy job, they need to fix it. If not Hal, then the shop should give Dixit another Radiator fan. They took 2 out and put 1 back in. Something isnt adding up here.

Dude, like everyone's been saying, it's a TURBO. It's not supposed to be as reliable as a stock N/A car. Why don't you just sell it and either buy nigel's kit or go back to being N/A..
No one ever said it was supposed to reliable as a N/A car. Just the problems that Dixit had should not have happened in the first place. The shop did a horrible job end of story.

Wow, you've sued a lot of people who can't pay rent.
You sound like a real sweetheart Dixit..
hostile and unreasonable...........pot.........kettle........p ot
Old 05-05-2003, 10:51 PM

absolutely unacceptable for such an expensive job - even if the thing cost 10 bucks, customers shouldn't be treated like crap
Old 05-05-2003, 11:14 PM

damm homey, i gotta agree.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Wow... 10 pages. I have friends on both sides, so I'll keep my comments to myself.

Bottom line is, Hal's shop screwed up, Hal was the middle man in this transaction, so Hal has to fix the problems.

Hmmmmmm.....

BTW, Hal has been on the forum quite a few times today but he has not responded yet. He is Malik's room/housemate so he has to know about this thread.

Dennis and Malik, I suggest holding off on comments and let Hal respond. Let's go straight to the source to get answers.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:26 PM

Wow, 10 pages in a day... sorry to hear about your problems Dixit, but this whole thing has been very informative to everyone who has read it.

Good luck with everything...

-James
Old 05-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Hello???? Do you know Kevin very well? Do you know the situation very well?

sorry Nigel dont mean to bring you into this

do you sell a kit exactly like Kevins? Kevin did alot of his own work to make his kit work right you know he did alot more than just guages and a boost controller. He didnt just buy it from you- your kit is the basis he used yes, and obviously he thinks it was good to start off with... he had to send his piping back to you more than a few times

sorry to bring you in all of this, but its not like your kit has been trouble free, its just Hal seems to have worse luck than you with his customers, and I agree you handle your customers very well gentlemans agreement and all

Dixit- I'm sorry but I do take the 'shops' side in this case... I work with alot of shops, alot of my friends own shops, and everyone in this thread just jumped on to the customer's side
I feel bad for whats happened, but dude alot of these things you can fix yourself... and if I were you, I would have bought a fan as soon as you started having overheating problems... the oil line, you can do it yourself if it bothers you, the welds, I'd sand them down if they bother you- you are, as you said, a very detail orientated person right?
make it easier for you and everyone and just take care of problems as they come... it would be alot of trouble for you to even have Hal or the shop take care of, it would only take you a few minutes and you'd be a happier guy
the welds arent pretty- they do their job yes? they werent guaranteed to be show quality...

personally I'd like it if you host the pictures and send me the links I WOULD like to see more, and more details of your problems- help me understand them more

but serrrrriiously you drive a custom turboed car... you gotta be down to get dirty keeping your car running... an oil line, dont even trip, bust out a sander and sand the welds if they bother you, have any pictures of the other welds? exhaust welds?

honestly, you, being a very detail orientated guy, buy a an IS300, or a GS300 and have SRT do your kit- no I dont know the owner personally- I know they do great work- I drive a Lexus too
Old 05-05-2003, 11:32 PM

Easy as this take him to court and sue his ***. I would love to see that, i hate people that try to put one over on other people. You payed good money for something that should be put together nice and sound. You have every right to do what ever it takes to get that. So if it was me i wouldnt play around 4g's is not a laughing matter. You would own him so hard in court and thats what you should do. Have a nice day.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

do you sell a kit exactly like Kevins? Kevin did alot of his own work to make his kit work right you know he did alot more than just guages and a boost controller dont BS us, he didnt just buy it from you- your kit is the basis he used yes, and obviously he thinks it was good to start off with... he had to send his piping back to you more than a few times and ATP worked on his car too right?? thats really all I want to say about this, dont try to say Kevins kit is the same kit you sell just with a boost controller and gauges...
No one touched my car except for me... did you hear this from Matthel?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:37 PM
dmontzsta

I had some problems also, with my 5 speed swap, but I DID NOT blame the shop...

I paid the shop $1200 to convert my car, so first: they couldnt get the intake manifold to seal, so they had to buy new gaskets $75
I get the car back and it is leaking fluid like crazy, since they used the same seals, the throw out bearing was going out, since they didnt replace that with the new one I gave them (which they say I did). So I go back and have them replace all seals, and throw out bearing. I get the car back and about 3k more miles, my gears 1,2,3 are phucked! so I had it rebuilt. I did not blame the shop...why? because the car was working ok when I left and I accepted it, by me accepting it, means everything is ok. Life goes on...

Old 05-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

No one touched my car except for me... did you hear this from Matthel?
ahahahahahha nope not from Matthel musta been for something else yah? post edited
Old 05-05-2003, 11:53 PM

Dixit, I don't know if you called before hand and then flew out there, cause it seems to me both parties could have benefited by more time. Combine that with the fact that this was a custom job, and you're bound to run into bugs.

From what I know about your car you do seem like a detail oriented person. I just don't know why you would leave the shop if you weren't 100% satisfied with the kit. Especially since you live 600 miles away.

Time spent = quality. Meaning the more time spent on the car to develop it and work out the bugs the better the product would have been. It just sounds like this project was plagued by delays, and other misc. mishaps that led to the passing of an incomplete product to an anxious consumer. That's coming from a third person perspective. However I think it was your responsibilty to stay there till your car was running at 100%.

How they will see this in court I dunno. How you will personally serve someone with a court order in another state, I dunno either.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:56 PM

dixit: sucks man hope you can get it resolved.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:06 AM

Okay.. I read 11 pages.. WHEW>.

Hey man, i feel for you alot.. And as far as i am concerned, even if this **** was sold for $2,000, if the vendor aka turboman promised something to you, you should expect ever last bit.

Also this bull$hit about not blaming it on the shop or the person who sold it to you is totally absurd.. Back when i had my mazda, my shop did all the work on my car... And anytime something phucked up (aka, freakin drive belt snapped after installing underdrive pulleys) these guys always came around and fixed it at their expense.

Motor swaps were also considered the same way.. When one guy comes in for a turbocharged KLZE V6 motor swap on a protege, and someting went wrong, the shop fixed it... BECAUSE, there is a due responsibility of care for the workmanship provided.

If some guy promised me things and i paid money for it, and i get back crap, they will do whatever it takes to ensure that the product is delivered. Its called business etiquette. My god, i can't believe the people siding with the VENDOR on this one, considering the one comment that was made:

"I made no profit on this, I can't help you"

WTF... guy should be hung for making a comment like that (assuming this is true)... IF he promised something to somebody, even if it comes out of his own pocket, it is his responsibilty to ensure the product is delivered.. Courts love cases like this, and this should be a fairly easy win situation. And to top it, to all those people that blame the customer, WTF.. the dude spent $4,000 dollars US on this and then an additional amount to fix up garbage.. He sunk $4G's and got back a car that is unreliable, cannot be driven, and has fuel cut issues...

DOn't fukking say things like turbocharging an N/A car should have its quirks.. I have seen many many many vehicles turbo'd (including proteges on swapped V6's and turbo I4s) and none of them had this much problems.. Where do you draw the line between the customer screwup and vendor screw up.. I bet all u guys against Mr. BigJon would ****** complain if you bought something for $100 dollars and didnt get what you asked for.. THis guy spend several thousands and a decent car that no longer functions as promised..

Live and learn, thats what courts are for, or a machine gun. You *** up, you pay the price.. Whenever you bail out, you are asking for it..

I am with you BigJon

ED
Old 05-06-2003, 12:07 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

ahahahahahha nope not from Matthel musta been for something else yah? post edited
I was kidding (inside joke, remember?). ATP did 4 things for me... none of them were on the PFI stuff (2 of which I told you).
Old 05-06-2003, 12:10 AM

Hey Dixit : sorry to hear about all these problems. I understand how you feel and hopefully this will get resolved without any problem.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:20 AM

Yes, Kevin faced a lot of problems and had to ship stuff back (Sorry to drag Kev into this again). What you don't know is that we did some other custom fabrication for Kevin, one pipe is still not quite right, but Kev worked around it. Kevin chose to do an oil return to the upper oil pan (I concede the best way). Intercooler support was another issue and we are fixing that.

I don't think it was necessary to bring me into this at all to be quite honest. I think a lot of people are aware of the deficiences of both kits as listed by Kev in the big post about which kit is better without having you drag me into this again. This is about one person's grievances about a particular kit. Do you think that by saying well it isn't as crap as the other kit is going to make that person feel better? I have openly admitted that there are issues with the kit I sell why is it necessary to hammer that message home? Would you like me to put it in my sig? As far as luck with customers, it has been varied. For the most part you are right, but I did not pick my customers. It seems to be a recurring theme that someone gets unhappy with Hal so let's drag Nigel into this. I, like others here think you are letting your friendship with Hal biasing your opinion. There is much more I could have said and want to say but will not as I don't want to start yet another "war" that can only lead to bitterness, it's a waste of my time and yours.

sorry Nigel dont mean to bring you into this

do you sell a kit exactly like Kevins? Kevin did alot of his own work to make his kit work right you know he did alot more than just guages and a boost controller. He didnt just buy it from you- your kit is the basis he used yes, and obviously he thinks it was good to start off with... he had to send his piping back to you more than a few times

sorry to bring you in all of this, but its not like your kit has been trouble free, its just Hal seems to have worse luck than you with his customers, and I agree you handle your customers very well gentlemans agreement and all

Old 05-06-2003, 12:45 AM

First of all I have to say this thread is distasteful and very discouraging. The most humorous part has been reading the people who have no idea what they are talking about, post.

In regards to Dixit's setup, I only have a few things to say. First of all, other than the oil line wrap-around the car was in perfect order when it left, with a happy/satisfied customer.

I quote Dixit when the turbo was finished and he had driven it home, "Thanks to Hal and the intense work that was involved this project was done with almost no issues. Only issue I had was the two rear o2 sensors that had to be moved to behind the cat to keep from getting a check engine light. No big deal." That is from this thread

He knew about the oil line, and from the time the car left we spoke of getting it corrected, I have even recently asked him if he had gotten around to cutting it and provided full magazine-instructions on how to "cut a hose" .. tape the end, cut, and screw the AN fitting back on so that it would be taken care of before it causes other troubles. Come to think of it, I should have extended that night from a 3am night to a 3:10am night and fixed the line, but I believe both parties were worn out and at that point staying another night didn't seem an option.

I have not avoided or dodged his phone calls or emails, I always get back to him within very reasonable amount of time if I am not available to speak at the exact time of the call (yes, the late night cell phone calls etc sometimes get put to voicemail, sorry not 24hour tech support here)..

Also however $6000 became the price I am not sure? I have a copy of the check for $4000.00 .. I offer free install (even took care of the small stuff like syn. oil change, blah blah), but not an all-expense-paid vacation to louisville (although i have been known to house customers when i can) - so don't try and add plane tickets , etc onto the price of the kit.

and if i was hiding i am pretty sure I would just check "yes" to the option "Invisible Mode? Selecting yes allows you to surf the forums without appearing in the 'Logged In Users' list." in the control panel, or simply log out?

Quick Reply: MAJOR Turbo problems with Hal's kit. VERY LONG post.