General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Help me Decide PII

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:47 AM

Help me Decide

I have a few mods that I want to do, but I'm not sure in which order

1. Corbeau CR1 (Carrera) or TRS (Targa RS)
2. Warpspeed Sub-frame Connectors
3. ES Bushings (FSB and endlinks)

I'm not sure which one to do first as I don't have enough money to spend on all three. I think bushings shouldn't cost that much so it's more like #1 or #2. I'd appreciate everyone's opinion on these mods. I already have Eibach, Tociko Blues, FSTB and RSB on my car and i do quite a few track events.

Also, to anyone who may have installed racing/touring seats, is it sth i can do myself and how long will it take? I have a 2K1 w/. heated leather seats w/. side air bags. Also, which one do you guys think is better, the Carrera or the Targa seat. Here's the link

http://www.soloracer.com/raceseats.html

Thanks!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Sports Button FTW

always go with handling first. It produces the best results and makes u the happiest in the long run.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:37 PM

Help me Decide PII

I'm not sure why my first thread got posted to the sticky and got locked. TimW doesn't know why this happened, so I'd greatly appreciate if you guys can read that and reply or PM me with ur thoughts. You can reply to this thread if u want.

i'm looking into getting
1. Corbeau Carrera or Targa seats
2. Warpspeed Subframe connectors
3. ES Bushings (FSB and endlinks).

I'm trying to decide which one to do first as i already have Eibach, Tokico, FSTB and RSB on the car and I go to quite a few track events in summer and fall. Let me know your thoughts...thanks

Also, is it easy to install the racing/touring seats as I have a 2k1 w/. heated leather seats. Meccanoble said to work on handling first and i see his perspective...so the more thoughts the better...thanks guys
Old 09-04-2003, 08:27 PM
ivelweyz

Some people said that the subframe connectors might make your car so damn stiff that you won't be able to turn, at least with the handling mods you already have...

Old 09-04-2003, 08:54 PM
STFU n00b!

ummmm, 1.... why is this a sticky?

2. I'm using the Carerra seats in my car. they're great.
3. I've also got warpspeed subframes.

4. get them in whatever order you want, it doesn't matter.

5. be sure to get at least a driver's side 4pt harness. it makes a huge difference.

6. side air bags? are those in the seat or the car itself?
Old 09-04-2003, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ivelweyz
Some people said that the subframe connectors might make your car so damn stiff that you won't be able to turn, at least with the handling mods you already have...

I had this done on my mustang and it was the best thing IMO
Turning was never a problem and acceleration was "improved"
I actually had to get new rear conrtol arms because it caused me to spin my whels too easy. This was becase the frame flexed less and all torque was delivered to the wheels. When your frame is "solid" it really makes your suspension work, and only then will you realize the full potential of the suspension you have.

the only reason that Im waiting on this mod for my Max is that it wont help my accelaration, FWD plus it is a "low" horsepower vehicle. you will only see improvement during had cornering.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
STFU n00b!

not exactly true... read my impressions that I posted two years ago on them when I had them installed.
traction in straights and corners was improved, as well as the overall ride.

it won't make the suspension too stiff either... well it might, but that's because the frame itself is stiffer. there's many ways to set up a car. one is a weak frame and stiff suspension (Eclipse), the other is a stiff frame and soft suspension (BMW).