General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I need advice, big time!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 02:05 PM
visions-kru

alright....last night i went to this girls senior prom....and weve been talkin 4 a while..i brought her to my prom, and she brought me to her's...i took her out a few times...diner & movie...that kinda thing......ok, so im thinkin...this girl likes me......so when i brought her back to her house (thinkin..that i was in)....and she gave me a big hug and said...YOUR A REALLY GOOD FRIEND!!!.....now this girls a year older than me...and f*ckin mad hot....so i dont really wanna go down w/o a fight......what do u think?

PS: this isnt maxima related but....it all happened in my MAX!!...lol

Old 02-11-2001, 02:12 PM

Dam that sucks, valentines day is coming up so take andvantige of that day. Any boyfreind, if not then go for it all the way.
Old 02-11-2001, 02:19 PM
visions-kru

no boyfriend....but u gotta see this girl...Italian, black hair, dark olive skin....dam....smokin.....valentines day huh?.....should i go 4 the chocalates & roses?...or ?

Old 02-11-2001, 02:27 PM

If you went to each other's proms and she has no boyfriend, give it a shot. Try to feel her out first (no pun intended) when you ask her out for V-day. If she goes out with you on V-day, then that's more than just friends. Good luck. D:
Old 02-11-2001, 02:33 PM
visions-kru

aight...cuz im definatley gonna ask er if she wants to go out somewhere..on V-day.....im doin it all for the nookie...lol

Old 02-11-2001, 02:44 PM

I dunno

I figure it depends on how she actually said the word friend! She could have been letting you know that's where
she's drawing the line..as friends, just friends

OR, she could have whispred the word friend in your ear as she nibbled on it..which would have a totally different meaning.

I thik you can attach a half dozen or so different meanings to the word "friend", depending on what SHE has in mind.

It's still a minefield...good luck!
Old 02-11-2001, 02:53 PM

for V day, make reservations at a nice, cozy restaurant, maybe somewhere where they got some soft live music going on. Make sure the restaurant is not a loud place, get a table in an area where you have some privacy, in a corner or a both or something. You gotta scope this place out ahead of time ok, go there and make prior arrangements with the hostess.

Go get a valentines card along with another gift and a single red rose in a box. This card will be your tell all. In it you're gonna write some bs about how you like her more than as a friend and how you would like for your relationship to be romantic. Don't be shy on words, give it all you got.

During your dinner pick the best time to give her the card gift and red rose in the box. Maybe the red rose at the beginning with a brief note that says "I think you're special." Then later you pull out THE CARD. Tell her that you've thought a lot about this and chose tonight bc it just seamed right.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2001, 03:33 PM
visions-kru

LeoB: About the Friend thing.......well it went kinda like this: when i got to her house, she was like "Gimme a hug"...it was one of those long, drawn out hugs (but still just a hug)....and somewhere during the hug she was like "your such a good friend" , w/ a big smile on her face...

plrod Black 95 SE: i dont know about the card thing, my card would go something like this: roses are red, violets are blue, i like your hair, wanna f*ck?...lol...j/k......but i still think im gonna get roses and chocolates sent to her house...w/ a little card sayin a bunch of sh*t....and im probably gonna take her out ...and whatever?.....

Old 02-11-2001, 04:06 PM

plrod Black SE has GOT IT DOWN

Sounds right to me dude, I'd say go for that. And when she said "your such a good friend" did she excentuate SUCH or FRIEND...That really makes the difference. If she said "you're SUCH a good friend" I think you're all set. If you're still not sure, maybe ask a friend of hers who you know?

Good luck,
PJ

LOL, if this isn't off-topic I don't know what is.
Old 02-11-2001, 04:23 PM
Johnny

do what you feel is right

Obviously the woman likes you one way or the other. At your age (prom) I don't think women necessarily wear the pants so to speak, that comes a bit later when you near marriage! *lol* They can be shy and waiting for the guy to reveal his feelings too.

So if you'd like more, perhaps a relationship, play it out until you get a result. Just be cool and don't do anything abrubt, that's all. Either way it sounds like you've got a nice friend or potential girlfriend.

In Napoli, where love is king, when boy meets girl, here's what they say......When the moon hits your eye like a biguh pizza pie, that's amore.....Deano

Old 02-11-2001, 04:24 PM
visions-kru

about the excenchuate thing...she was like..."your SUCH a good FRIENNNDDD"...with cute girly tone.....dam i wish: your such a good friend...turned into your such a good lay....lol

Old 02-11-2001, 04:31 PM

Prom?

You already had your prom? Isnt that like 5 months early?
Old 02-11-2001, 04:39 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Do you really need to waste bandwidth on this. What is this OT.net? Where's shingles on this one?
Old 02-11-2001, 04:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Muhahahahahah LOL!

You guys are mad funny, I hope to god she is not reading this thread that would be to much lol!
Old 02-11-2001, 04:46 PM
visions-kru

IT WAS ACTUALLY MY SEMI-FORMAL PROM.....those are in the winter....and the regullar prom's are in the spring....

Old 02-11-2001, 06:21 PM

well........

..with a long drawn out hug and a smile..I think your odds are better than 50-50. She wanted the hug..she asked for the hug...it's not like she was feeling obligated to give you one as a nite's end formality. Still, she coulda said something like .."your really nice" or " I really like you" or "It always feels really nice being with you" I dont know..throwin in the "friend" word makes it a little more challenging than the usual dance.
sounds like Costanza, or Kramer coaching Jerry here!!
let us know after the date!
Old 02-11-2001, 06:24 PM

Yeah I just went with a girl to my winter ball thing. It seemed like it was working out cause she just broke up with her boyfriend for me. You know what happened. I just got cut off. Just like that. Now when I see her in the hallway I don't even get a hi. Does anyone her understand girls. I hope you have better luck than I do.
Old 02-11-2001, 06:30 PM
visions-kru

well. she always says that she loves hanging out with me... cuz im so fun.....and when she went to my prom....it was pretty much the same thing except the "your a really good friend"...she said "i had a really good time tonight".....but ive went on 2 dates w/ her too....so that means we've gone out 4 times....i think my odds are good.....cuz u dont go out w/ someone 4 times if your not interested.....wut u think?

Old 02-11-2001, 06:38 PM

Does she give a lot of mixed signals?
Old 02-11-2001, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by visions-kru
well. she always says that she loves hanging out with me... cuz im so fun.....and when she went to my prom....it was pretty much the same thing except the "your a really good friend"...she said "i had a really good time tonight".....but ive went on 2 dates w/ her too....so that means we've gone out 4 times....i think my odds are good.....cuz u dont go out w/ someone 4 times if your not interested.....wut u think?
Send her an email and write something like.

I enjoy your company and want to see you more often
XOXOXOXOXOX
And the O's do not stand for hugs

Try that, you are to young for marriage anyway, no need to get all serious. If she bites that you are in for some good times.
Old 02-11-2001, 06:47 PM

yeah....

If say YOU werent interested in HER, then ONCE would likely be the limit for dates right??..so the reverse likely holds true too. The only dicey area where she has really gotcha is if you decide to make a move, and she's not game, she will pull the..."well, as I've told you, I really want to be JUST friends" thats the time "friends" becomes "JUST friends". So I'd maybe weave some conversations with her exploring her definitions of "friends" before you make a move that may make you appear to have blundered. Then again...if you want to go for it all out..figurin, that if you misread here she might dump you, and if your OK with that..then go for it. Your odds are still better than a crap shoot and you could wake up smiling!
Old 02-11-2001, 06:48 PM
visions-kru

about the mixed signals: not until the "friend" thing...she was mildly flirty...

....And to the last post...thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...XOXOXXOO...dam...thats like puttin a sign on your neck that says "i will never get laid 'cuz i am a moron with no good pick up lines"

Old 02-11-2001, 06:57 PM
visions-kru

thats a good point....but hear is how i see it....ive known her for about 2 years.....but i just started hanging out with her when i asked her to my prom....then there was 2 dates...and then last night..was her prom...and i pick her up for school every morning....so the way i figure....me being her FRIEND is pretty much say.."i wanna hang out w/ you more" or "im glad we started hanging out"....so im gonna send her flowers and take her out on V-day...cuz your valentine cant be just a friend...can it?

Old 02-11-2001, 07:02 PM

mildly flirty? hmmm

by that do you mean, she is really touchy?? If she's all over you with her hands, say when your just kidding around or talking, and doesnt seem nervous when your touching her..then I think your OK. I think you just hafta have a 6th. sense for how at ease she is around you..The amount of eye contact when your talking to each other;comfort level and all of that. It's tricky, especially if all you've ever done so far is hugged.
Here's a trick that has worked for me umpteen times. It catches 'em off guard and keeps the momentum going. It goes something like this:
At the BEGINNING of an evening, say when you are picking her up at her place, get comfortably set up in your car, and say something like, " you know..there's something that's been just driving be crazy for the last little while, and I'd just like to get it out of the way, so I can get on with enjoyihg another really nice eveing with you" She'll go,"What"???...then just turn to her and plant a kiss on her cheek.. and say "that's all" and smile, then prepare to drive on..it's sorta breaks the ice, and by the end of the night, once the first smakeroo has been planted, she's either out the door or all over you for being a sensitive and not too pushy kinda guy. It may sound dorky but it's worked for me in similar situations!!
Old 02-11-2001, 07:07 PM

about the mixed signals: not until the "friend" thing...she was mildly flirty...

....And to the last post...thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...XOXOXXOO...dam...thats like puttin a sign on your neck that says "i will never get laid 'cuz i am a moron with no good pick up lines"
Dude comon, you come here seeking advice and you're getting plenty of it, which you need; don't trash anyone for trying to help you, if you don't like it just overlook it.

I kinda thought the email thing wasn't too bad or korny. It's a safe way for you to get a read on the situation - she'll respond and you'll know what's in her head.

Whatever you do don't be pushy if you find out she's interested in romance with you.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:09 PM

This would be your best bet. If anything were to happen it would be on valentines day, right. So go for it. Send her a dozen roses ($40), some chocalates ($15) and a card ($5) and hope it works out. Because if it doesn't your out $60 and get no play.
Old 02-11-2001, 07:10 PM

Where is that sign anyway?

Okay visions, this girl is using you for the prom and she is not interested in you. Maybe if you had a 4th or 5th generation Max. Take your topic out of this forum.
Off to the chat room. You are never going to score on the forums here. Call her and go pick her up. Take her somewhere for coffee, icecream or something and get out of here.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:15 PM
visions-kru

LEOB: your a pimp...thats a pretty good idea...on the cheek...i think on the lips would catch her too off gaurd....shes not all hands on..but like...she listens and agrees to everything i say.....and when i look at her...she'll give me this cute little smile....u kno what i mean...she's kinda shy..shes the kinda girl that probably wouldnt make the first move (i think?)

PLROD BLACK: sorry man...im just f*ckin heated over all this sh*t.

68stang: im prob gonna do just that..plus im gonna take her out to a fancy restaurant

Old 02-11-2001, 07:19 PM
visions-kru

nismomaxse97: oooo thats harsh....but your just a "Maxima Fanatic" like me...u got no SENORITY...so until u get JAMBO up in here...this post is stayin.......peace.....but arent we all tryin to just get laid...im just tryin a little harder than u ...no hard feelings

Old 02-11-2001, 07:30 PM

nismomaxse97: oooo thats harsh....but your just a "Maxima Fanatic" like me...u got no SENORITY...so until u get JAMBO up in here...this post is stayin.......peace.....but arent we all tryin to just get laid...im just tryin a little harder than u ...no hard feelings
I was trying to help you out man. What is it with all the periods in your posts. My first post was pure corn and I was really messing with this topic if you must know.
Anyways this is my last post on this topic.

Hope you get some
Old 02-11-2001, 07:33 PM

just a bro

Visions just a Maxima-bro looking to get some friendly advice from some other Maxima bro's. I havent noticed any Newbie's or Lurkers contributing to this thread..it's been all Maxima Fanatics and up there ougtta be a little leeway. It's better he ask for some pointers here than on a dang chat line where god knows what hangs out. After all..Valentine's is just around the bend, and I didnt notice any objections on this board at Xmas when folks were asking each other stuff about where they were spending their XMAS days off and so on.

Anyhow..all the best to YOU VISIONS..and you'r sorta obligated at this point to let us know how things turn out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2001, 07:34 PM
visions-kru

i hope i get some too........but i wish i knew what is goin on in this girls head....i bet she feels the same about me but she's too shy to let me know...dam........................................ ...............i love periods!!!........................................ ..

Old 02-11-2001, 07:40 PM
visions-kru

AND TO WRAP IT UP......

AFTER VALENTINES DAY IM GONNA LET U KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT.....leo: i might do that kiss thing....and m probably gonna do the flower and chocolates thing from 68stang...and im gonna take her out to this expensive restauraunt.....u know what that means......no mods for my MAX for about 2 months..lol...is it worth it?......i hope so....peace guys...wish me luck

Old 02-11-2001, 07:46 PM

right on

go for it!!
thanks for sharing..It's been a different thread 4 sure.. Either things have been slow at Maxima.org for the last little while or I'm just temporarily bored of nuts and bolts, short shifters, cat backs, coils, springs and mini lights.
It's nice, especially around Valentines day to see the "human side" of some Maxima.org members........................................... .......
heh heh hehhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-11-2001, 07:48 PM

good luck dude. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-11-2001, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Don't forget to post pics too !

Haha.........Good Luck....
Old 02-11-2001, 09:36 PM

we should get an entire new forum called "WTF is up with women and their signals?"
Old 02-11-2001, 10:07 PM
pjalst

Yo, drop her

Forget the roses and Chocolates, you put out enough ceddar on this Hottie. I believe in the three date rule, If you ain't in the skins after three dates it's time to move on (unless you want to marry this piece of @ss). A woman knows within the first 5 mins of meeting you, if she's going to free it up or not. Next time she tells you that you are a good friend, yo, lay it on the line, tell her you want to be more than just friends. If she wants you, she'll smile and say, " I want that to, but I don't want to get hurt." If she says that, you're in. If she says, "I see you as a friend/brother", that means she just wants you to take her out and pay for **** til Mr. right comes along.

Old 02-11-2001, 10:11 PM

Re: Don't forget to post pics too !

Originally posted by emax95
Haha.........Good Luck....
there's a cutie honey on Mr. Burner's website, in his pics section!.right beside an awesome colored blue maxima...if my memory serves me correctly
Old 02-11-2001, 11:23 PM

Just my $0.02

visions-kru: What is all this talk about getting some?!?!?! Man, you haven't even kissed her yet. Some of these suggestions are great, but they employ a lot of cash. If you're looking for the low budget approach, then just talk to her. Do the V-day flowers thing, but instead of the dozen roses and chocolates, why not try a single rose, a card and maybe even dinner. That way you guys can just talk about things, and if it doesn't work out then you can just be friends. Even though she's a senior and (assuming that)she's off to college next year, you guys can keep in touch if things don't work out. Being her best/good friend can pay off in the long run. The main thing is to be yourself. Don't do too many cheesy things, but instead think like a girl, and how they act. Get into her head. Hey, it ain't easy, but it works. Use the things she likes about you to your advantage and play off of that. Girls always like a sense of humor, and someone they can easily talk to without having everything center around sex. Let your personality develop at her pace, and don't rush things. Good luck on your endeavor, but again, just my pinch of a couple pennies.