General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Tail light options (rewire?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 02:26 PM

hi- I just did the corner light rewire and its awsome. My girlfriend says it looks like night rider at night but i still like it. I was thinking back to once when i was looking threw one of those mustang magazines at the repair shop and saw a cool tail light mod. You know the mustangs from the previous style where the tail lighs are devided in to 3 verticle sections. Well they did some wireing thing so when u pressed the brake first the 2 inner most lights lit, then the 2 middle, and then the outters. No only did it look cool but the motion of the lights illumination form inside to outside would catch drivers attention before they rear end you. Is there any kind of thing you you could wire in to the tail light wireing to delay the inner or outter lights from lighting for a 1/2 seccond or so?
Old 02-15-2001, 04:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've seen the Mustang mod you're talking about. The different blink times are done with a dynamite stick (looks like a stick of dynamite I don't think our lights have any such capability. What lights would you light up and in what order?
-hype
Old 02-15-2001, 07:34 PM

hi- I was thinking maby it would look cool if the inner two lights lit up a 1/2sec or so before the outer. I know with audio components you can wire in a resistor or something you make the front speakers delay just a little to it hits your ears all at the same time. I just though maby there would besomething you could wire in to the outer tail ligh harness to make them light up just after the inner.
Old 02-16-2001, 09:48 AM
Mark's Max

I need some help re wiring. What year Maxima do you have and if you could let me know how you did the rewiring. Let me know
thanks
mark

Old 02-17-2001, 05:46 AM

What is it you're rewiring mark? I can answer your questions, but it would benefit you most of you searched
-hype
Old 02-17-2001, 09:53 AM

I was thinking about the tail light mod a while ago.. I don't know anything about electronics but my plan was to add a couple more lights in the housing and then do the mustang thing.... -or- (this would be hard) have the LED stip in the spoiler start with only the two center LEDs then work its way to the outside as you hit the breaks...
Old 03-19-2001, 10:46 AM
Mark's Max

question for you

I am wondering how to get the same amount of light out of my cornering lights as the headlights. i think it would look much better if I could do that. let me know if you can help
thanks
mark