General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Clutchmasters suck big ****!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 02:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Okay, to start from the begining, I ordered a Clutchmasters stage III direct from Clutchmasters. After four months, the clutch went out. I took it out, and one side of the clutch disc was missing huge chucks of the compound. So, I called them up, sent it in, and they warranteed it. I decided to just ride out the used factory clutch that was in there until I needed to change it and the weather got warmer. Well, today I'm off work, its almost 70 degrees, the warmest its been here in the last 2 months, and as I am installing my new clutch kit, The pressure plate isn't the right size. Its too big, the holes don't line up, and 1/3 of the holes aren't even on the pressure plate. So I call them up, and he wants me to pay for shipping to them, and then they will ship me the right part. They want me to pay for their mistake?!?! I told him that I wasn't going to pay, and also told them that they are going to issue me a call tag or I will send it COD. He said I need to talk to the owner tommorrow. I am so pissed. If I had enough leave at work, I would drive to Cali from Oklahoma, open up a can of whoop-a**, get my parts, and drive back. So, the underlying meaning to this story is, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy from Clutchmasters! Customer Service sucks, and the quality of the parts isn't as good as most of the other companies out there.
Old 02-19-2001, 08:29 PM

sorry to hear about the troubles w/ the vendor.
Old 02-20-2001, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by Slickismax
Okay, to start from the begining, I ordered a Clutchmasters stage III direct from Clutchmasters. After four months, the clutch went out. I took it out, and one side of the clutch disc was missing huge chucks of the compound. So, I called them up, sent it in, and they warranteed it. I decided to just ride out the used factory clutch that was in there until I needed to change it and the weather got warmer. Well, today I'm off work, its almost 70 degrees, the warmest its been here in the last 2 months, and as I am installing my new clutch kit, The pressure plate isn't the right size. Its too big, the holes don't line up, and 1/3 of the holes aren't even on the pressure plate. So I call them up, and he wants me to pay for shipping to them, and then they will ship me the right part. They want me to pay for their mistake?!?! I told him that I wasn't going to pay, and also told them that they are going to issue me a call tag or I will send it COD. He said I need to talk to the owner tommorrow. I am so pissed. If I had enough leave at work, I would drive to Cali from Oklahoma, open up a can of whoop-a**, get my parts, and drive back. So, the underlying meaning to this story is, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy from Clutchmasters! Customer Service sucks, and the quality of the parts isn't as good as most of the other companies out there.
That's odd, this is the first negative thing I've ever heard about Clutchmasters. It's too bad that you had a bad experience with them because they do make good products...at least from my experience with friends and their cars.

cheers,

five