General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Reprogramming Keyless entry remotes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 04:42 PM

Does anyone have the procedure for programming a key thingy for a 95 Maxima? How do you do it? Thanks..
Old 09-18-2000, 05:11 PM

you need all your remotes with you ..

ok if i remember right ... put the key in and out 6 times in a row... then lock the door in the front - so all the doors lock - i used the button not the autolock auto-unlock button- then your lights should flash as if you just locked the car with the remote -{you know how the hazards go off } then take your remotes and hit the lock key with all the remotes ... after your done try the remotes out just to make sure it worked - its kinda long i know ... im almost positive about this... let me know how it goes ... - it might be diff for you cuz i have a 99se - power everything with all the accessories except for the bose and leather - i do have the homelink ... but note that the diff in accessories shouldnt matter - but i thought i should throw it in ....

let me know how it turns out ....
Old 09-18-2000, 08:30 PM

i talked to the nissan guy about non nissan remotes

he says "nope, need nissan one"

but i've also heard of getting them at ebay ?

i really like the new Jetta Switchblade remote with key.. and if the remote worked on my car.. i would have someone weld my nissan key to it.

any ideas on this ?
Old 09-18-2000, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: you need all your remotes with you ..

Originally posted by Stillnmax
ok if i remember right ... put the key in and out 6 times in a row... then lock the door in the front - so all the doors lock - i used the button not the autolock auto-unlock button- then your lights should flash as if you just locked the car with the remote -{you know how the hazards go off } then take your remotes and hit the lock key with all the remotes ... after your done try the remotes out just to make sure it worked - its kinda long i know ... im almost positive about this... let me know how it goes ... - it might be diff for you cuz i have a 99se - power everything with all the accessories except for the bose and leather - i do have the homelink ... but note that the diff in accessories shouldnt matter - but i thought i should throw it in ....

Remember to put the key in the ignition and turn it to ACC before pressing the lock button as it needs to be there to accept the new fob info. I posted pretty much the same response in the 4th gen forum also on how to program more than one.
Old 09-19-2000, 05:13 AM

Re: i talked to the nissan guy about non nissan remotes

Originally posted by amixam69

he says "nope, need nissan one"

but i've also heard of getting them at ebay ?

i really like the new Jetta Switchblade remote with key.. and if the remote worked on my car.. i would have someone weld my nissan key to it.

any ideas on this ?
of course you need nissan remotes but i was just sayin if he had more than one - i have 3-4 remotes just in case ... just sayin though ...
Old 09-19-2000, 09:12 AM

Can I use...

a new 2K remote fob on a 96 Maxima? I 'd like to use a new remote on the used Max I just picked up, the old remote looks like it's seen better days!
Old 09-19-2000, 10:43 AM

dont think so

ask to switch remotes - my salesbro hooked me up with one kuz i asked him - and hes really cool =P
Old 09-19-2000, 12:37 PM

bit confused

about these remotes. By the way--thanks Adidas_Boy for the response on the other thread on the remotes. WHat I am confused about it this: if I have one remote that already works and after I clear the memory by pulling the key out 6 times from the ignition--would I need to reprogram the first (good remote) or I can just reprogram the second one that I want to add?
if anyone can explain this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

=)
Old 09-19-2000, 01:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: bit confused

Originally posted by humaras
about these remotes. By the way--thanks Adidas_Boy for the response on the other thread on the remotes. WHat I am confused about it this: if I have one remote that already works and after I clear the memory by pulling the key out 6 times from the ignition--would I need to reprogram the first (good remote) or I can just reprogram the second one that I want to add?
if anyone can explain this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

=)
Yeah, as when you put the key in the 6 times it clears all past history effectively disabling your security system until you put new remotes on it. So you have to put in all remotes you have when you do this procedure. If you forget one, you have to do it all over again.

And also a 2K remote doesn't work, I tried it on my car already with my mom's remote. Didn't even try to work.
Old 09-19-2000, 02:04 PM

Re: you need all your remotes with you ..

Originally posted by Stillnmax

Is that a photoshopped pic or is it real pic of your trunk?
Old 09-19-2000, 03:56 PM

Re: Re: you need all your remotes with you ..

photoshopped and the R was made brighter - it was made smaller --