General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

what does polish & wax do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 05:44 AM

hey guys i just want to find out what are the differences between wax and polish? which one should i do first? and what's are some good brands? sorry to ask this stupid question but i am new at this!!! thanx in advance.............
Old 02-23-2001, 07:29 AM
JUGSMAX

Well I've got a black max and I've tried all waxes and everything and what I have found that works for me is Duragloss:It's a polish but I love this stuff....I can put it on and take it off in about 2 hours(not counting time spent washing car)leaves perfect shine,no swirls,makes water bead seems like forever,and only cost about 7 to 8 dollars a bottle(can do 2 cars with one bottle) everybody that I've turned on to it love it too....even my best two friends that drive a 95 max and a 99 max....If you have trouble finding it I think they have a website....Try it;You will love it promise(no elbow work involved come right off).....

Old 02-23-2001, 07:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

some data

First of all - refer to the articles on detailing on my web site. Thi swill answer a lot of your questions.

The correct process:

Wash - Clay - Paint prep ( if required ) Polish - Wax

There are also othe rtricks to add depth to the finish after waxing.

Regards

Originally posted by JUGSMAX
Well I've got a black max and I've tried all waxes and everything and what I have found that works for me is Duragloss:It's a polish but I love this stuff....I can put it on and take it off in about 2 hours(not counting time spent washing car)leaves perfect shine,no swirls,makes water bead seems like forever,and only cost about 7 to 8 dollars a bottle(can do 2 cars with one bottle) everybody that I've turned on to it love it too....even my best two friends that drive a 95 max and a 99 max....If you have trouble finding it I think they have a website....Try it;You will love it promise(no elbow work involved come right off).....