General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I HATE ISUZU'S!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 04:28 PM

Well, this is a little far from the topic, but it relates well so I figured I'd post under that. 18 months ago, I had a fun little mile-high Isuzu rodeo back into my rear passenger door as I was in mid-gear shift from R to D, which wound up costing nearly $2500 to repair, because her cute little bumper was placed so damn high up on the car and utterly trashed my back passenger door.

Today I had another fun little experience with a moron Isuzu driver that didn't think looking out their back window was a good idea before backing up. He hiked his Trooper up on my front, WHILE I was honking, and then continued to back up just to prove his point that his bumper was higher than mine. The result? Me very angry, a broken grille, and a broken driverside headlight. (Broken meaning, likes-to-shift-around-while-driving, not broken snapped-in-half)..

Anyone know how much the grille & headlight casing cost? I'm gonna need to replace em as well as a little bodywork. I'm thinking of upgrading to the SMX grille (it's a 97 but hey I figure while I get free bodywork I might as well upgrade) ... The SMX is like $150 or something, I figure a regular grille is about the same. Replacing & bodywork is one problem ...

The other problem, is my headlight. Right now it's aimed about 12" lower than the right headlight, and I don't know how to adjust it. I'm gonna search for conventional means, but it's pretty chewed up right now, I don't see how it could have adjusted itself that much without being pointed downword, so I'm gonna go ghetto-style and duct tape it up on the inside .. Any advice/tips on how the grille & headlights SNAP on? .. I'm assuming it was broken but since I never pulled em out beforehand, and it's dark outside, I don't really wanna be messing around with it much right now. Thanks for any mechanic explainations on em, and beware the Isuzu morons!
Old 02-23-2001, 04:44 PM

Hrm..

Woooops .. I found where you adjust em the 3rd time I went looking .. The bolts on the left side got snapped off the headlight unit though, looks like adjusting it is gonna be a paaaaaaain.

[Edited by ereet on 02-23-2001 at 06:59 PM]