General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I use Autolock.. How about the rest of us?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 06:34 PM

I use Autolock.. How about the rest of us?

I was wondering what the .org members use for security. (besides alarm). I have the AutoLock (or is it AutoLoc?). It's the one where you lock the brakes.(it was on tv).
I no longer use CLUB because car jackers can just saw the steering wheel.
What do you guys use? Is there anything better than AutoLock?
Old 12-24-2003, 07:59 PM

So do most of the members just use the alarm system? I know there are members who use The Club
Old 12-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I have an Autolok on my Integra...of course nothing will stop a theif if they want the car, but anything helps. I lock it on my clutch pedal. this is the one on my girls car, since she complains the autolok is too clunky and bothersome, this one is nice and compact pretty much--> http://www.chaseatlantic.com/images/protect.jpg

I might get one of those as well. you can never be too safe!
Old 12-25-2003, 03:27 AM

SO then what is the best way to prevent your car from being stolen?
i know that back in '96, when my dad's max(gle) was parked on the streets, it was broken in twice and luckily, he had a LoJack (II)and they could not steal his car. The first time they broke in, it seemed like the guy quit.. but the second time, the guy knew what he was doing because he had rolled the windows down, had the radio turned on, moved the seat, and knew where the LoJack box was in the trunk. (in my dad's car, you have to move an electronic part.. HE had to move his left mirror towards the left side before he'd turn his key all the way)
Old 12-25-2003, 05:21 AM

Nothing but the stock alarm
Old 12-25-2003, 05:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I use the Auto Lock as well but i dont use the big yellow cover than you can put on the steering wheel.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:59 AM
The original VQ...

I have the autolock on my clutch pedal , the club on the steering wheel ,a crime stopper alarm . and a fuel pump cut off switch. I bet my car is still stealable but i dont think anyone would want to waist their time.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:26 AM

I use autoloc too. But I would warn you that my car was almost stolen in Newark. There got right through the autolock. I got back to my car and it was just sitting on the floor... Point being that the autolock is not the best deterrent, but as said above, it will hopefully slow a thief down a bit.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pappa Grande
I use autoloc too. But I would warn you that my car was almost stolen in Newark. There got right through the autolock. I got back to my car and it was just sitting on the floor... Point being that the autolock is not the best deterrent, but as said above, it will hopefully slow a thief down a bit.

Did you see HOW they got the Autoloc off? did they bend the autoloc? or did they somehow unlock it?
Old 12-25-2003, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
I have the autolock on my clutch pedal , the club on the steering wheel ,a crime stopper alarm . and a fuel pump cut off switch. I bet my car is still stealable but i dont think anyone would want to waist their time.
I am not familiar with a Fuel Pump Cut Off Switch. Can someone explain what it exactly does? (cuts off the fuel pump.. duh~) Where can I get one? how much?

Only if I can have weapons that'll point directly at the thieves and shoot !(j/k.. no deaths, it'll cause more trouble)..
I also heard that with some remote starters, they have something where a thief can't start your car because it automatically disconnects your batteries..
Old 12-25-2003, 08:16 AM

Don't know. It still works the same as it did before. Maybe they picked the lock???

Originally Posted by minsbang
Did you see HOW they got the Autoloc off? did they bend the autoloc? or did they somehow unlock it?
Old 12-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My friend had an autoloc on his car (94 Caprice with Vette engine) and one of the tumblers in the lock mechinism got stuck or something and it was stuck on his brake until a locksmith used a powersaw to cut it off.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:19 PM

I am not familiar with a Fuel Pump Cut Off Switch. Can someone explain what it exactly does? (cuts off the fuel pump.. duh~) Where can I get one? how much?

Only if I can have weapons that'll point directly at the thieves and shoot !(j/k.. no deaths, it'll cause more trouble)..
I also heard that with some remote starters, they have something where a thief can't start your car because it automatically disconnects your batteries..
you could just remove a couple of fuses everytime you park...as well as disconnect and carry the battery with you, remove your steering wheel....there are lots of ways
Old 12-26-2003, 12:09 AM
¿Hablas Español?

Originally Posted by lophix
you could just remove a couple of fuses everytime you park...as well as disconnect and carry the battery with you, remove your steering wheel....there are lots of ways
I thought that too and it may be partially true but check this out...

A guy I work with had a 98 Ford F-150 4x4 X-cab pickup. It was stolen from a Home Depot parking lot. Short of it is that they found his truck and he was notified nearly a month later. He had no protection other than the factory setup. They busted the driver's window, opened the door and jacked the car.

Here's what sucks. When he went to checkout his truck at the impound yard
he told me that he saw 4 packages of various fuses in the center-console cup-
holders. To me, that means they're prepared to replace fuses as well if the
vehicle is a hot target. They were ready for anything. Fuses were there
because the cops found these guys on I-10, headed south, and they managed
to evade them long enough to romp through the desert a bit, abandon ship and
get away free. FOKKERS!!

After learning of this, I figured a kill-switch or some other remote disabler
would be far better than just pulling a fuse.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:38 AM

wow. that's scary. i definitly agree with you jq...a remote killswitch would be best....
Old 12-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

there is a "popper" out for $100...right now its only available to authorized repo and towing companies...kinda scary if the wrong hands get to it. it looks like a big vise and it actually just cracks the unit in half....it THAT strong! but other than that the avegrage crock can probably only bend and twist at it which doesn't do much more than destroy/bend the clutch pedal, but at least they can't take the car then.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wisky97SE
My friend had an autoloc on his car (94 Caprice with Vette engine) and one of the tumblers in the lock mechinism got stuck or something and it was stuck on his brake until a locksmith used a powersaw to cut it off.
They used a Powersaw to cut it off??!! oh no!..
So What Is The Best Method?
Old 12-26-2003, 08:49 PM
The original VQ...

The fuel pump cut off thing is just a switch taped into the power wire of the fuel pump. obviosly the switch is hidden and if a thief trys to start the car when the switch is off the car will turn on and shut off right away.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:52 PM

I rather people steal my car, then try to and find out they cant and go to town on it..
Old 12-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Security

Clifford G4 alarm with custom welded steering column lock and Maxiguard hood lock.

Details here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/packetattack

So do most of the members just use the alarm system? I know there are members who use The Club
Old 12-26-2003, 09:10 PM
The original VQ...

Originally Posted by ILoveMyMax
I rather people steal my car, then try to and find out they cant and go to town on it..
what??? im lost , was that directed to me?? what you mean go to town on it??
Old 12-27-2003, 12:07 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

My methods are top secret and very deadly...
Old 12-27-2003, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
My methods are top secret and very deadly...
I like the sound of that... "very deadly"... Haha
Old 12-27-2003, 12:50 PM
DoGGy

i use autoloc too. the one that goes around the brake