General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Two-Tone or NOT!!!!....opinions welcome..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Paint it one color. . . if you want two-tone ; have the bottom half painted one color, and the top half another. I think a metallic dark blue for the bottom, and a dark steel grey for the top part would look pretty sick.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by bk2kmax

It also looks like the person can't make up there mind what color to have their car between the two colors.
Good luck though, personally no one with good taste would do this to their car.

Feel free to flame.

No flame coming but you need to know the history behind my car before making uneducated/uninformed statements. I know more about my maxima than you know or likely will learn about yours. Thanks for stopping by come again!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

told you up in Philly, make the door moldings black and that'll complete the look...f*ck the haters, be different!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:54 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

superblack is your friend
Old 03-29-2004, 04:39 AM
Jedi Knight

Chris,

I hears ya...but the decision is made...changes to come but you'll all have to wait for pics..

Gowirelessnj,
Superblack is played out...just like the blue...
Old 03-29-2004, 08:19 AM

PASLEY!!! THATS THE ONLY COLOR!!!.

J/K!!! stay beige its easier to paint the rest of the car.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by nupe500
No flame coming but you need to know the history behind my car before making uneducated/uninformed statements. I know more about my maxima than you know or likely will learn about yours. Thanks for stopping by come again!
Go back and re-read your question, I was only answering that, there's no need for a history lesson behind your car to educate the so called "uninformed" as you called me. I'm answering the question, it is fugly regardless of it's history, you asked for opinions and that is/was mine, I just happen to think that 2tone is very tacky.

And you may indeed know more about your car than I know about either of my Maximas the 2k Max or the 2k3 Max, does that make you educated? No, I think not. Your car is still fugly, informed, educated or not educated or informed, that is my opinion.

Accept or not, you asked for it so I told you what I thought. There's no need to get angry and start trying to match wits when you're the one who asked the question.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Jedi Knight

no one is angry...but you...lol...u crack me up!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:47 PM

No, your car "CRACKS" us all up, looks like someone was on CRACK when they painted it.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Jedi Knight

Great...now the personal insults....you're a smart guy...the car wasn't painted you moron...go read the first thread it was converted from a 95 to a 97 body wise thus the use of different colors...damn you are definately an idiot..jeez...I don't even see pics of your car posted...

mods please lock this thread...thanx
Old 03-30-2004, 05:14 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

damn ya'll wtf is wrong with u people? man i hope you do whatever you like with ur car, its UR car, and its slick, i remember when u needed the help with the starting issue, and these people didnt help that much, all it took was a simple unplugging of one wire, and they didnt even want to do that anyways, let me know how it turns out
Old 03-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Jedi Knight

thanks Nismos will do...u sure remember stuff pretty well...lol
Old 03-30-2004, 06:27 PM
BK's97max

one tone if ur gonna do a two tone i think u should do the body and bumpers one color and maybe the hood roof and trunk another color

Old 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

haha yup yup
Old 03-30-2004, 07:09 PM

Great...now the personal insults....you're a smart guy...the car wasn't painted you moron...go read the first thread it was converted from a 95 to a 97 body wise thus the use of different colors...damn you are definately an idiot..jeez...I don't even see pics of your car posted...

Yes, moderator please lock this thread if the d*ckhead can't take the constructive criticism he asked for in the first place. If I'm an idiot then so is your momma because she and I made you Jr. Idiot.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:10 PM

Yes, moderator please lock this thread if the d*ckhead can't take the constructive criticism he asked for in the first place. If I'm an idiot then so is your momma because she and I made you Jr. Idiot.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Jedi Knight

funny thing is I knew your troll behind would be back...no beef...just make sure that if you should ever see me...u say the same stuff you're saying now. Have a good day!
Old 03-31-2004, 04:57 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by BK's97max
one tone if ur gonna do a two tone i think u should do the body and bumpers one color and maybe the hood roof and trunk another color
Thats a thought...I'm actually thinking about leaving it just the way it is...for several reasons...

1. Its different
2. Its also my theft/vandalism deterrent
3. Don't exactly need to keep pumping too much $$ into it
4. It annoys the s h i t out of bk2kmax! which is PRICELESS!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:35 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Ola-

One thing to think about if you repaint and choose a color is that the PB color is metallic. Metallic aints are a pain to do. I have reapined cars before, and non-metallic and non-pearl colors are much more forgiving than pearlescent/metallic paints.

just a thought.

BTW- your pic is no longer showing on page 1.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:36 PM

funny thing is I knew your troll behind would be back...no beef...just make sure that if you should ever see me...u say the same stuff you're saying now. Have a good day!
Ok trolljr, I'm so scared, I would love to see you, you just name the place and time. You shouldn't have asked for opinions if you're not ready to accept what comes your way.

I'll say it again: You shouldn't have asked for opinions if you're not ready to accept what comes your way. Besides you're the one who started flaming, so if you can't take the heat then stay the f*ck out of the kitchen.

I think you need to realize that you're f*cking with a grown man, lil boy.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Ok trolljr, I'm so scared, I would love to see you, you just name the place and time. You shouldn't have asked for opinions if you're not ready to accept what comes your way.

I'll say it again: You shouldn't have asked for opinions if you're not ready to accept what comes your way. Besides you're the one who started flaming, so if you can't take the heat then stay the f*ck out of the kitchen.

I think you need to realize that you're f*cking with a grown man, lil boy.
If you don't drop it- and if you try to dodge the swear filter again- I will see to it that you get a nice, fat ban.

YOU made this a personal thing. You gave your opinion, he dismissed it, and you kept coming at him. DROP IT and MOVE ON.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

man with all the flaming makes a guy not wanna ask any questions
Old 03-31-2004, 06:30 PM

You know on the way to work this morning I saw a cool looking car that reminded me of your original question.

This car, RX-7, had a black hood, black roof, & black tail but the difference was that the rest of the car was a bright YELLOW.

Now I am not suggesting that you repaint the rest of your car yellow and somehow I just can't picture a yellow max but that particular combo really worked and that car looked boss.

Mr. P
Old 03-31-2004, 08:47 PM

Paint your car Pink and Black now that would make a statement... and it would be unique =)

J/K it's your car though so just make sure you like it... everyone else's opinion doesn't mean all that much... when it comes down to it you have to drive it not all of us =)...
Christina

Just thought I would throw my two cents in since I normally don't
Old 04-01-2004, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
If you don't drop it- and if you try to dodge the swear filter again- I will see to it that you get a nice, fat ban.

YOU made this a personal thing. You gave your opinion, he dismissed it, and you kept coming at him. DROP IT and MOVE ON.

First off, I never came at him he personally insulted me first, read this:

the car wasn't painted you moron<that was quoted by him

Up until that point I never called him any names, I stated my opinion and I replied to someone else's comment, then he got upset and tried to be wise with his insults.

But If you want to ban me then by all means you're the big Moderator God with all the power and you can do so if that makes you feel good but if you're going to speak of banning me, then you should do the same to him, fair is fair.

I even asked you to lock the thread when he started insulting me but you didn't but now you're coming at me as if I started something.

Go and read the topic of his thread, I was responding to that, if he didn't like it then he shouldn't have asked for opinions, furthermore, this is a forum and when someone else commented I have the right to reply to their comment, I wasn't directing anything at him, merely adding my comments but hey, if any of this hurts your feelings or justifies your right to ban me then so be it.

I'll apologize to the guy if it makes him feel any better but he called me moron and he should be apologizing first. That is funny, he calls me moron and you threaten to ban me.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:14 AM

STFU ALREADY

Go jack another thread. No one wants to hear it!

Up until that point I never called him any names, I stated my opinion and I replied to someone else's comment, then he got upset and tried to be wise with his insults.

But If you want to ban me then by all means you're the big Moderator God with all the power and you can do so if that makes you feel good but if you're going to speak of banning me, then you should do the same to him, fair is fair.

I even asked you to lock the thread when he started insulting me but you didn't but now you're coming at me as if I started something.

Go and read the topic of his thread, I was responding to that, if he didn't like it then he shouldn't have asked for opinions, furthermore, this is a forum and when someone else commented I have the right to reply to their comment, I wasn't directing anything at him, merely adding my comments but hey, if any of this hurts your feelings or justifies your right to ban me then so be it.

I'll apologize to the guy if it makes him feel any better but he called me moron and he should be apologizing first. That is funny, he calls me moron and you threaten to ban me.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:37 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

First off, I am not a moderator. I am a quasi-moderator. If your sig (which you do not have) were to be in violation of org rules, I woudl be the one to fix it. So I would not be banning you, in any case. I would just see to it that you were banned by a real moderator. I cannot lock the thread because I do not have that power. If I did I would have. You may have had the best of intentions when you posted in this thread, but it came out all sideways. Consider how we got to where we are now.

In any case, your first post in this thread was:
Two-tone is too tacky and I think it is totally fugly. Stick with one color.
Now, this was your opinion. He asked for an opinion. You worded it strongly, but it is still an opinion, so you were justified in posting it. If people were commenting on some aspect of YOUR car, it might bother

A few posts down, you replied to a comment about 2-tone paint with the following:
[T]wo-tone looks tacky no matter how it is done, it can never look good, even an expert can't make it look good no matter what colors they use.

It also looks like the person can't make up there mind what color to have their car between the two colors.
Good luck though, personally no one with good taste would do this to their car.

Feel free to flame.
Now, you have taken this to a personal level- even if it was not aimed at Ola. Again, he WAS asking for opinions, but you took this beyond constructive criticism or input and basically said that anyone who would do this or consider doing this lacked any taste. By itself, this would not be too big of a deal. Many members would have ignored it, especially if it were not in a thread that they had started or a thread that deals with their personal vehicle.

To these comments, Ola (nupe500) replied:

A fairly benign reply, and one that should not have been a big deal. Your reply to his statement was similar to your first. You kept up the personal insults, though: (edited for relevent content)

[[I]t is fugly regardless of it's history, you asked for opinions and that is/was mine, I just happen to think that 2tone is very tacky.

Your car is still fugly, informed, educated or not educated or informed, that is my opinion.

Accept or not, you asked for it so I told you what I thought. There's no need to get angry and start trying to match wits when you're the one who asked the question.
You were a little abraisive, but you DID try to tone it down in the last part. Plus, this IS the internet, so it should not be a big deal. Ola posts a calm reply that I thought would be the end of the bickering:

Now, I do not knwo who could have taken this personally or though tif it as a comeback, but somehow, you did. YOU came at him at this point, basically unprovoked. Maybe it was meant to be a joke (the laughing face was there), but the comment as a whole was unnecessary. This is why I have a problem with what you posted.

Your next post:
No, your car "CRACKS" us all up, looks like someone was on CRACK when they painted it.
Ola made a reply to AGAIN try to calm things down by explaining the roots of the situation. He DID call you a moron, but half of us were already thinking that because you had not dropped the issue 2 or 3 posts before this.

Your last straw was
There was no reason for you to respond like this, and you response here was what really made me mad. It was largely unprovoked and totally unnecessary.

From this point, your posts became more and more ridiculous. You insulted, challenged, and threatened. You called him names, and you basically violated every rule that the org has regarding conduct to other members.

This is your warning. Just drop it now. I am not trying to "own" you, insult you, or talk down to you. I am statign the facts- you were out of line. Maybe it did not start that way, but it certainly ended that way. Just let it die. I have never seen conduct like this from you before, so maybe it was just a bad day. It is just the internet. You even called me names in this thread- which is not a good policy, but it is not a big deal to me. I just want you to move on to another thread and go back to normal.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:07 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Ok back to opinions.

I would not two-tone my car. I think car looks cleaner w/ single color paint.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:25 PM

First off, I'm no last word junky or anything like that but I believe in fair play, so let me begin by clearing up a few things, first I'm 100% willing to drop this but I must say what needs to be said and I'm done with it regardless of what is said after this.

Is this fair: STFU ALREADY

Go jack another thread. No one wants to hear it! <this was posted by Brigboy

If that isn't a flame then what is? But yet nothing was said to him for his direct insult.

My reply about the crack was a joke and reply to his post which I took with a humurous laugh, I even posted a smilie at the end to show no hard feelings.

You then proceeded to point out my replies but you managed to say nothing of his personal insults and attacks on me as a person, nevermind the fact that he called me a moron and he said this:>damn you are definately an idiot..jeez

Two obvious and blatant insults but yet I don't see you even bother trying to correct him. It's obvious to most here that I'm not that much of a regular on the General Forum because Nupe even called me a troll and most of you have called him by his first name or a name other than his screen name.

That indicates to me that he has favor with those of you who came to his defense and it also shows why you didn't bother to quote any of his personal insults, threats and flames directed at me.

He even bothered to insinuate that I wouldn't say it to his face, this is his quote:>just make sure that if you should ever see me...u say the same stuff you're saying now.

Yet I didn't see your quote on that which is an obvious threat.

You even said that I flamed you, which I don't believe I did nor was that my intent, I mistakenly thought that you were a Moderator and as a mod (not that you are) you do have certain powers of which I was obviously making known the choices you could have made using your prerogative.

That's cool that I can be considered a troll on this forum because I'm a regular on the 5gen forum and I regularly visit here and generally like everyone onboard. I will not harbor any grudges behind this and as far as I'm concerned it is a dead issue but you shouldn't quote one without quoting the other and you shouldn't correct one without correcting the other as well.

Your corretions showed alot of bias towards me and made no mention of his many indiscretions but hey it's cool, I'm over it.

No harm, no foul.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Jedi Knight

bk2kmax,

My apologies, no hard feelings...regardless of what was said by ANYONE! Peace!!

"O"
aka
Nupe

First off, I'm no last word junky or anything like that but I believe in fair play, so let me begin by clearing up a few things, first I'm 100% willing to drop this but I must say what needs to be said and I'm done with it regardless of what is said after this.

Is this fair: STFU ALREADY

Go jack another thread. No one wants to hear it! <this was posted by Brigboy

If that isn't a flame then what is? But yet nothing was said to him for his direct insult.

My reply about the crack was a joke and reply to his post which I took with a humurous laugh, I even posted a smilie at the end to show no hard feelings.

You then proceeded to point out my replies but you managed to say nothing of his personal insults and attacks on me as a person, nevermind the fact that he called me a moron and he said this:>damn you are definately an idiot..jeez

Two obvious and blatant insults but yet I don't see you even bother trying to correct him. It's obvious to most here that I'm not that much of a regular on the General Forum because Nupe even called me a troll and most of you have called him by his first name or a name other than his screen name.

That indicates to me that he has favor with those of you who came to his defense and it also shows why you didn't bother to quote any of his personal insults, threats and flames directed at me.

He even bothered to insinuate that I wouldn't say it to his face, this is his quote:>just make sure that if you should ever see me...u say the same stuff you're saying now.

Yet I didn't see your quote on that which is an obvious threat.

You even said that I flamed you, which I don't believe I did nor was that my intent, I mistakenly thought that you were a Moderator and as a mod (not that you are) you do have certain powers of which I was obviously making known the choices you could have made using your prerogative.

That's cool that I can be considered a troll on this forum because I'm a regular on the 5gen forum and I regularly visit here and generally like everyone onboard. I will not harbor any grudges behind this and as far as I'm concerned it is a dead issue but you shouldn't quote one without quoting the other and you shouldn't correct one without correcting the other as well.

Your corretions showed alot of bias towards me and made no mention of his many indiscretions but hey it's cool, I'm over it.

No harm, no foul.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

edited for space
Well, you have obviously shown that you ARE a mature person by the way that you ultimately handled this on theback end. For that, I commend you. I CAN see your point regarding preferential treatment of nupe500, but unfortunately (for an unknown person), we "regulars" often stick up for each other. Yes, it is biased- and fo rthat human response, I apologize to you. From your overall attitude, I can tell that you really got more in a defensive mode in this thread- and I have done that before as well. The guy who posted the "STFU already" kinda of summed up how I was feeling at the time- that you had stepped over the line in your responses. In hindsight, you were still wrong, but it was a 2-way arguement. Again, I stress that while I don't mean to play favorites, I do side with people that I have dealt with on here for some period of time.

As to Ola making the "threat" about saying the same thing in person, we do no tencourage that behavior around here, and I took his words to just be more of a challenge to be disrespectful in person, if you were to ever happen to meet at a maxima gathering. We have a LOT of "e-thugs" on here who talk big and then act like they are all up your butt at a meet. I took what he said to be a challenge to hold up your tough front in person. Unfortunately, these challenges are common around here, mostly to allow both parties to save face. It is still no texcusable, but knowing Ola, it was (in my opinion), NOT meant to escelate things.

With that being said, I apologize for contributing to the situation. I simply wanted to calm the storm and I chose you as the culprit over Ola because in my opinion, you escelated things more than he did, though he is certainly not without fault here.

I think that the matter, on my end, is closed.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:50 PM

I appreciate the honest and the apologies from both you and Nupe/Ola, no one owes anyone here anything but I understand how you feel about your buddies, you did the right thing in representing him.

Like I said, I will harbor no grudges and I hope to see great things from all of you on this board. We all share one thing and that is our love for the Maxima and that is what I want to represent.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:08 PM

Make it solid Please!!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 PM

phenryiv1, if you could edit that STFU to a BQPM Where the letters stand for .....Be Quiet Please Mister , like in the library.

Your right bk2kmax no hard feelings.

I just wanna know what color your painting nupe500 how bout by next week
Old 04-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Jedi Knight

I'll never tell....but it WILL be painted....keep in mind...low cost too..but it won't be a Maaco or Earl Sheib....hmmmm...what will he do...
Old 04-06-2004, 07:26 AM

i say if you are going to do 2-tone, paint the body kit a deep red or blue pearl and paint the rest of the car beige. i dont think green would look to good, but do what you want.