General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

All generation Maxima bragging rights 1/4 mile event and meet. Who's interested?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:10 PM

I Go If Caesar Goes!!!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by lxl_MaximA_lxl
I Go If Caesar Goes!!!!!
How about you go anyway?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Old Maxima Legend

lxl you are going regardless !
Old 06-17-2004, 06:41 PM
SomePsychoGuy

All of the SS (baton rouge ppl and ceasar) must go always. If will skip class if I have to.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by kevlo911
I know my max is not fast

join the club
Old 06-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Sports Button FTW

hmmm, i'm 14 hours from nashville so i should be able to go. I just need like a good 5 people from the northeast to come and i'm game!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hmm 10-11 hrs isnt that bad for me. depending on the date i am down!

--Paul
Old 06-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Old Maxima Legend

whens the big dance ...bump !
Old 06-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm looking at about 10/11 hours too. I would definitely go. It'd be one hell of a Maxima meet.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:33 AM

copied from sticky in the general maxima discussion:

okay guys. I spoke with Dallas Jones who is the owner of Beech Bend. The next open Saturday is September 11th. To have a saturday event, here is how the cost breaks down. $1500 minimum for track rental. $60/hour for ambulance /EMT, $163 insurance fee, and if we want to have the track officials work the track for us it is $10 an hour per person and he said about 6-7 people is normal. So this looks like for a Saturday event from ? (guess) (9am - 3pm) the cost would be around $1500(track) + $360(EMT) + $163(insurance) + $360(workers) = $2383 + any other surprise costs. He said if we want to have some people help and run the track then it will be cheaper on labor. If we want this date then it is $200 down payment and we can pay the rest on the day of the event. Figuring $2500 then it would be around $50 a piece for 50 people. If we could get around 100 people then we could get it down to $25 a person which seems very reasonable for a complete track rental for 6 hours. Let me know what guys think, and I will get back to him. If we want this date we need to act quickly so he can get me the contract and we can send him $200 dollars to reserve it. We don't have to limit this to maximas either, if we want to invite others to help out on cost then it is fine. Feedback please.

I will be willing to head this up. My only concern is that we do this and 150 people say they are coming and then 30 people show up. My name will be the one on the contract and I will owe $2000. This can not happen. I would like to get definite approval from everyone and a confirmation list of people that are definately coming. I would also like as many people to prepay as possible. What is a reasonable amount of people to assume are coming? Maybe this should be a nissan/infiniti meet? I am just throwing out ideas. We might need to get the word out without letting too many people know. I would hate to rent the track and then have it be more crowded than a regular test and tune event.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by 96sleeper
copied from sticky in the general maxima discussion:

okay guys. I spoke with Dallas Jones who is the owner of Beech Bend. The next open Saturday is September 11th. To have a saturday event, here is how the cost breaks down. $1500 minimum for track rental. $60/hour for ambulance /EMT, $163 insurance fee, and if we want to have the track officials work the track for us it is $10 an hour per person and he said about 6-7 people is normal. So this looks like for a Saturday event from ? (guess) (9am - 3pm) the cost would be around $1500(track) + $360(EMT) + $163(insurance) + $360(workers) = $2383 + any other surprise costs. He said if we want to have some people help and run the track then it will be cheaper on labor. If we want this date then it is $200 down payment and we can pay the rest on the day of the event. Figuring $2500 then it would be around $50 a piece for 50 people. If we could get around 100 people then we could get it down to $25 a person which seems very reasonable for a complete track rental for 6 hours. Let me know what guys think, and I will get back to him. If we want this date we need to act quickly so he can get me the contract and we can send him $200 dollars to reserve it. We don't have to limit this to maximas either, if we want to invite others to help out on cost then it is fine. Feedback please.

I will be willing to head this up. My only concern is that we do this and 150 people say they are coming and then 30 people show up. My name will be the one on the contract and I will owe $2000. This can not happen. I would like to get definite approval from everyone and a confirmation list of people that are definately coming. I would also like as many people to prepay as possible. What is a reasonable amount of people to assume are coming? Maybe this should be a nissan/infiniti meet? I am just throwing out ideas. We might need to get the word out without letting too many people know. I would hate to rent the track and then have it be more crowded than a regular test and tune event.
That is what i figured it would be. Renting a whole track is not cheap. I say we get as many people as possible. I don't care what kind of car they drive. Of course I would like to see it kept to Nissan/Infiniti, but we have to be realistic. 50-75 people is reasonable for an all nissan/infiniti meet given enough advanced notice.

There has to be pre-pay. There is no other option. I do not want you or anyone else getting stuck with a $2000 bill. It is totally reasonable for everyone to pre-pay at least a month in advance. 50-75 cars at a track for 6 hours is nothing. We could get all the runs we wanted. I for one would send my money as soon as we are for sure.

Oh, and once you send your $50, or whatever it is, you signed up. No refunds because you can't make it. I don't see how we couldn't get at least 25 maxima guys then hope to get 25 240/altima/Z guys as well.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Blu
the tits

Im willing to do this but it would be good to keep it around 50-60 people so we can get plenty of runs. Whoever wants to take charge I'll paypal some money to help get the show started.

I also agree with what Mike said once you pay and you decide not to show up no refunds.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:30 AM
VQ Wizard

Yeah we need to do this with unrefundable deposits.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Even if you had 100 cars there , you'd get a ton of runs in. I don't know what your tracks are like, but I'm lucky to get 4 runs in over the course of 4 hours. The problem with my track is that on Test-N-Tune night they run bikes, JR. dragsters, 4-wheelers, Super Street, and Street cars. The Super Street cars take a lot of time because they do John Force burnouts and take forever to stage. On hot days my track is dead with only about 100 cars total and very few Super Street cars. In a 4 hour period I can get as many runs as I want. Every 30 seconds there are two cars running. In a one hour period that's roughly 220-240 runs. You guys have to remember that not everyone will be racing at once either. If you have 100 cars, only 60 or so will be racing at a given time.

I'd say get 100 cars if possible. Let's start composing a list now and see how it does for a week. If the list looks decent (50-60 people) then let's start throwing money in. Non-refundable is a good idea, but how will we address the issue if there's a rainout? The only problem with this stuff is about 50% of the people who sign up never end up really coming therefore it's hard to estimate costs. If we generate a post, we must make it clear that if you sign up, you're definitely coming and putting money into the pot. We don't want ANY posts from people who are only halfway interested (like many that posted here). Whether it's $30 or $70, it's no big deal to me. I just want to have some fun.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Im izz sexay

Get all nissans as possible. There might be 200 people to show up. I don't know if I'll go but I'll still pay the entrance fee. to get in JIC.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:10 AM

collect money from people... in the meantime... so if they dont show up..they lose out on $25... hopefully people who plan to go won't be cheap with the $25 paying ahead of time...
Old 06-22-2004, 08:11 AM

i wanna go.. but how far is this place from atlanta???
Old 06-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Im izz sexay

$25 is nothing unless you are in need of an oil change.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:13 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by skandalouz
i wanna go.. but how far is this place from atlanta???
www.mapquest.com

Atlanta, GA to Bowling Green, KY
Old 06-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Blu
the tits

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=320003

Hope this helps a little, its worth a shot...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:14 AM
dot dot dot ...

Mapquest says. hmm

Wow, 20 hrs for me, ~1300 miles. I've never run my car, since the nearest track here is 5600' above sea level, I never wanted to see what I would do. so what better time to start than now. .

Almost seems worth it. . .
Old 06-23-2004, 02:37 AM

I'm down. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:45 AM

crapola, wish i could make this trip... well if i drove at least the gas would keep getting cheaper the farther east i drove...
Old 06-23-2004, 05:05 AM
SLOW

When I get home I will start spreading this to alot of other nissan boards if you guys want me to. I know a few people on other boards who are well known members that might be able to post it for me so that it gets alot of attention. So are we deciding to make this a general Nissan meet?
Old 06-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
When I get home I will start spreading this to alot of other nissan boards if you guys want me to. I know a few people on other boards who are well known members that might be able to post it for me so that it gets alot of attention. So are we deciding to make this a general Nissan meet?

I think that is a good idea. We just need to make sure that guys on the other boards understand that when they say they are "in", it means they have to pay their part of the track rental fee in advance and there is no refunds. Each forum needs to have an "official" thread with a definate head count, and that thread linked to our official thread.

It just may get a little confusing keeping track of who is definately in when you got 4 or 5 boards involved. It will make the organizatoin more difficult, but I don't think there is any other way to do it.

I also was thinking about those who will never officially sign up, but then show up the day of the event. What would we do with their money since everyone already ahead of time. Maybe they will just be required to buy everyone food and drink
Old 06-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Kevlo for President

on a general Nissan meet, so it will be cheaper
Old 06-23-2004, 06:26 AM

WE NEED TO TEAM WITH NICO.

They have had meets at the tracks around here (including beech bend) with GREAT turnouts. We should target for 100+ people, and make the cost maybe 30$ and supply lunch? Just an idea. 100 people is nothing at a track, there would be no wait in line.

I honestly feel like if we team with nico it should be no problem.

I am willing to setup a webpage holding the details and allowing people to sign in from here, nico, and other nissan/infiniti boards so we have one place for everyone to get up-to-date details, and also to sign in and get a good headcount with having to register/post "i'm on" on multiple boards.

If it seems to do well by July 1, start accepting money then?

Another thing to keep in mind is hotels, if you reserve the track you may want to contact a hotel and reserve rooms with no deposit for right now. There are lots of events that are held in bowling green and the hotels often get booked with groups - the earlier the better chance you have of getting everyone together.

oh and by the way, I'm in!!! and *cross fingers* should have something decent to run

if this sounds like a good idea, I can put together a simple page for it tonight, and then post/sticky that on NICO, max.ORG, and anywhere else you all feel would be good? I say let's target nissan/infiniti , but not exclude others if nissan/inf friends want to come/race as well. This is how most of the large NICO meets turn out , primarily nissan with a good handful of others.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:58 AM

I think that would be fine. There are details that need to be worked out. We need to have a list of who prepaid and have a gate worker to let people in that have paid and charge people that have not paid. We also need to hurry and reserve it and leave the deposit to make sure we get it. I wish we had a local from bowling green that could handle this because it is hard trying to do stuf over the phone. Also, if we make more money than the cost to rent the track, what happens to it. Do we donate it to the .org or what?

If you could set up a website with a sign in that would be great. We will gauge interest for for a week or two and then decide if it is a go or not. We can pay the deposit and then start collecting money.

Originally Posted by hlh0501
WE NEED TO TEAM WITH NICO.

They have had meets at the tracks around here (including beech bend) with GREAT turnouts. We should target for 100+ people, and make the cost maybe 30$ and supply lunch? Just an idea. 100 people is nothing at a track, there would be no wait in line.

I honestly feel like if we team with nico it should be no problem.

I am willing to setup a webpage holding the details and allowing people to sign in from here, nico, and other nissan/infiniti boards so we have one place for everyone to get up-to-date details, and also to sign in and get a good headcount with having to register/post "i'm on" on multiple boards.

If it seems to do well by July 1, start accepting money then?

Another thing to keep in mind is hotels, if you reserve the track you may want to contact a hotel and reserve rooms with no deposit for right now. There are lots of events that are held in bowling green and the hotels often get booked with groups - the earlier the better chance you have of getting everyone together.

oh and by the way, I'm in!!! and *cross fingers* should have something decent to run

if this sounds like a good idea, I can put together a simple page for it tonight, and then post/sticky that on NICO, max.ORG, and anywhere else you all feel would be good? I say let's target nissan/infiniti , but not exclude others if nissan/inf friends want to come/race as well. This is how most of the large NICO meets turn out , primarily nissan with a good handful of others.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by hlh0501
Another thing to keep in mind is hotels, if you reserve the track you may want to contact a hotel and reserve rooms with no deposit for right now.
I'll be camping at the on-site campground. It's cheap ($20) and close.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:44 AM

I will attend if other Nissans will be allowed.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I will attend if other Nissans will be allowed.
Damn Boy, make up your mind. Maxima, RX7, 3000GTVR4?, GTP, GTP, and now a 350Z all within a couple years. People might start calling you Russ
Old 06-24-2004, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dave B
Damn Boy, make up your mind. Maxima, RX7, 3000GTVR4?, GTP, GTP, and now a 350Z all within a couple years. People might start calling you Russ
I am keeping the 350, trust me. The last GTP spent half the time in the shop with transmission problems, hence the trade in.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Ok, make the cost $50 per car across the board. Then if there are extra people who show up on the day-of or more than enough to cover the cost, start giving out prizes.

There could be prizes for fastest car of each make, best RT, that kind of thing. Unfortunately, the number and type of prizes couldnt be decided until after the event.

Or you could keep a list of everyone who came and divide up the extra money at the end and give each person a little refund.