General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HID's for 4th Gen Maximas????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 01:36 PM

Hey, do you guys know if they make HID Lamps for the 4th Gen. Max. If so Who make it and What is the cost factor??

Which is the better Bulb PIAA or Hyperwhites...???

I know that PIAA makes great Bulbs, but for something much brighter I suppose HID's is the way to go.

Also are the Indiglo Guages any good... Need some feedback and links if possible.

Thanks..
Old 04-03-2001, 02:23 PM

Philips makes H.I.D. kits for our cars, some people on the board has them, emax95 and Dr Donkey1 has them

What do you mean by Hyperwhites? There are a lot of different brands of hyperwhite bulbs, there are Nokya, Raybrig, Naxos, Matrix, many different brands. The hyperwhite bulbs with the blue tint will look cool but will decrease visibility, Philips BlueVision will increase visibilty, ask Shingles he's the lighting master.

Indiglos are good, but some people say the needle gets stuck, but i think that was due to improper installation. You can get it with an analog controller or a digital keypad controller. More info here...
http://www.moneyzipper.com/el/nissan_maxima_9597.htm
Old 04-03-2001, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Morfeus17
Hey, do you guys know if they make HID Lamps for the 4th Gen. Max. If so Who make it and What is the cost factor??

Which is the better Bulb PIAA or Hyperwhites...???

I know that PIAA makes great Bulbs, but for something much brighter I suppose HID's is the way to go.
Thanks..
You should read up on the FAQ's. They'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know. True HID lamps are mega bucks in cost. But you can get lamps which are brighter than the standard lamps without breaking the bank. Just be careful you don't get ones with a strong color--they're horrible in bad weather.
So, it all depends on your need--improved visibility, super improved visibility, "looking rad", etc.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Gary95

You should read up on the FAQ's. They'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know. True HID lamps are mega bucks in cost. But you can get lamps which are brighter than the standard lamps without breaking the bank. Just be careful you don't get ones with a strong color--they're horrible in bad weather.
So, it all depends on your need--improved visibility, super improved visibility, "looking rad", etc.

same price as a spring/shock combo.