General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone tried GT Covers? Opinions? (www.greatcovers.net)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:20 PM

Anyone tried GT Covers? Opinions? (www.greatcovers.net)

Hey Guys,
I have a 1995 GLE. I love that the car has leather seats, but unfortunately only the "seating surfaces" are leather. The sides and back of the seats are vinyl and are peeling like crazy. My car's gone from luxuriouis looking inside to downright ratty looking with the peeling sides of the front seats.

I'd love to replace the material on the front seats with all leather, but that's $400, even with the current leather seats Group Deal. More than I'd like to spend.

Has anyone tried GT Covers? They have "leatherette" custom seat covers. They sent me some fabric samples and they have a color that would match pretty well. It would cost me $130 for the front seats instead of $400 and "IN THEORY" look pretty nice if they covers themselves are nicely fitting and mimic the original seams.

*** Can anyone tell me how these things fit? Do they really look like they are new seats, or do they just look like seat covers? Please let me know! I want my car interior to look nice again! I realize some of you guys spend thousands on mods, but that's money I can't afford to spend on a grad student's budget.

THANKS!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:36 PM

Their website...

Oh yeah, if you want to check out their website, it's:
www.greatcovers.net

Please let me know if you have tried them out, or if you know someone else who has!

Was thinking of buying used front seats on EBAY, but it seems that the shipping is what kills it. The seats that are in mint condition seem to go for around $200+, but the shipping adds $100 more at least. I haven't found anyone near me selling during the past 2 months (I'm in upstate NY most of the time for school, and in the NYC/LI area on occasion.)

unfortunately, most of the seats I see on ebay are similiarly starting to have peeling on the vinyl sides of the driver's seat, so maybe better to get new seat covers completely anyway.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Anyone? Anyone at all?
Old 08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
I love lamp.

I've seen other guys just go with the custom leather seat covers. That might be an option as well?

S
Old 08-22-2004, 10:13 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by TrackSmart
Oh yeah, if you want to check out their website, it's:
www.greatcovers.net

Please let me know if you have tried them out, or if you know someone else who has!

Was thinking of buying used front seats on EBAY, but it seems that the shipping is what kills it. The seats that are in mint condition seem to go for around $200+, but the shipping adds $100 more at least. I haven't found anyone near me selling during the past 2 months (I'm in upstate NY most of the time for school, and in the NYC/LI area on occasion.)

unfortunately, most of the seats I see on ebay are similiarly starting to have peeling on the vinyl sides of the driver's seat, so maybe better to get new seat covers completely anyway.
They don't seem to be that bad of an idea... if that's what you wanna go for. I'm not a big fan of leather (or leatherette, for that matter) seats, so any advice I'd give you would probably be steered AWAY from them...

But good luck in your quest. Post pics if you decide to get 'em.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:05 PM

My car already has leather and the back seats are perfect.

Are you suggesting that I switch the front seats to cloth!? And leave the rear leather? I'm confused... I happen to like leather, but will settle for fake leather if it looks alright for the sake of saving a lot of cash.

Originally Posted by nubiannupe
They don't seem to be that bad of an idea... if that's what you wanna go for. I'm not a big fan of leather (or leatherette, for that matter) seats, so any advice I'd give you would probably be steered AWAY from them...

But good luck in your quest. Post pics if you decide to get 'em.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:07 PM

yes. there's a GD right now for custom leather seat covers, but it will still cost me $400 just for the front two seats. i was hoping to go for a cheaper alternative but I don't know if GT covers does a good job and if the seats will look good or not...

Originally Posted by maximase86
I've seen other guys just go with the custom leather seat covers. That might be an option as well?

S
Old 08-24-2004, 06:35 PM

I guess no one has tried them? Not sure if that's a bad sign or just a sign that people here like their cars too much to cheap out with "leatherette" seats...